throwback week

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tony Soprano Guest

Alex Barron - Signs of a ORGanization in disarray

I wonder.. I suspect we are the only team
    in the NFL that had a healthy Number 1 pick this year as inactive for the opener.

I know how many of you like Barron, but did you see the 7 sacks. We needed a ORT and the ORGANiZATION gave us Alex Barron. Personally, I don't think he was the guy Martz wanted. If you see the Samir threatening Bernie and throat slashing - back stabbing comments inside the Organization, I think that speaks volumes. I saw that on a NFL news website that reports on the ENTIRE NFL and it hasn't happened on the other 31 teams. I check that website two times a day.

I think (and it makes sense) Martz knows that Barron doesn't run block well enough for a RIGHT tackle. Someone in the ORG was sold on Barron and they picked him and now Martz is left trying to plug a Square peg through a round hole. Martz is leaving him at Left tackle and has never indicated he's moving to the Right side. YES, a RIGHT TACKLE RUN Blocks more than a LEFT tackle! Accept it, the NFL has always been like that.

So a team in dire need of a RT takes one in the First round.. He's totally healthly and signed and yet he's inactive for games and praticing at a different position.
    THAT's HOW YOU Give up 7 SACKS.

There is more going on inside the ORGANIZATION then we know, and with all the problems (O-line, SPEC TEAMS), I think we will see a shakeup in the ORG at the year's end. We'll see if it's Martz or the guys in the FO that get fired, but I'm telling you, action is going to be taken. As the season goes on and we're last in SPEC Teams in the NFL, and the O-LIne has the same OL' issues, the press is going to start making inquiries and the Heat will be turned up like it hasn't before.

. Wait until the NATIONAL press starts holding up a magnifying lenses to the Rams and these same problems that haven't been solved in about 3 years (or more).

ZigZagRam is offline Registered User

Re: Alex Barron - Signs of a ORGanization in disarray

Substance please? All I see is baseless assumptions.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

I think the Rams were planning on taking that guy from Grassy Knoll University.

Tony Soprano Guest

Substance = 7 SACKS

ONLY Healthy First rounder inactive for opener in the NFL

Losing to a team that was 2-14

----------------------------------------------------------
    So do you guys think Bernie is making up the stuff about Samir from the Front office. It was printed that the Ram's President admitted Samir made those statements.

A healthy ORG does not draft a need guy - a glaring need, get him into camp and then make him inactive and get no contribution from him We're not talking about the Patriots drafting a RB to Groom with late first round pick.

A healthy org puts together a playoff team year after year...

Nevermind. Didn't mean to rain on your baseless rant. Please, continue.

Anybody else think the Clan will rue the day that the 'official' Rams board closed? Seems different around here.

Tony Soprano Guest

Okay.. I see.. in this thread:
    Is the right tackle spot still a concern?

Both of you guys (ZigZag and Avenger) Praised Rex Tucker and predicted good things, then he promptly gave up 3 sacks to a guy that had 3 the entire season before that. So, I guess you don't like this line of discussion. I would avoid it to... At least I predicted Tucker would be exposed quickly when the REG season started.

My prediction was he'd be better than anything we had last year. I never said he wouldn't give up sacks.

Now I'm not sure what this has to do with your assumption filled rambling on the organization. Please. Explain.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Soprano
    Substance = 7 SACKS
    So the Rams knew that the O line would give up 7 sacks, but Barron was inactive nonetheless.

ONLY Healthy First rounder inactive for opener in the NFL
    Of course, on the opposite side of the field, the Number 1 overall pick sat on the bench for the whole game.

Losing to a team that was 2-14
    Again, do you think the Rams knew that would happen?

So do you guys think Bernie is making up the stuff about Samir from the Front office. It was printed that the Ram's President admitted Samir made those statements.
    Yes, Bernie could have made it up - or more likely, exaggerated. And the person who he said confirmed it is John Hadley - his buddy and a fellow media hack. Besides, what does any of that have to do with Barron?

A healthy ORG does not draft a need guy - a glaring need, get him into camp and then make him inactive and get no contribution from him We're not talking about the Patriots drafting a RB to Groom with late first round pick.
    Baloney. A lot of first round picks don't contribute in their first game (many didn't contribute yesterday). Particularly if they missed a significant portion of camp.

You are so intent on proving that Barron is a bust that now you're making absurd leaps. Relax.

Tony Soprano Guest

ZigZag said:
    Now I'm not sure what this has to do with your assumption filled rambling on the organization. Please. Explain.

How about how much you know about the OFFensive line.
    You said that Tucker excited you and that it was clear he's much better than anything we had last year.

I predicted he would be exposed quickly, Which one of us you think was closer?

Your the guy that started firing off smart aXX responses... Not me.

Since you have no answer, it looks as if my 'baseless rant' comment holds true.

Well done.

Man, I don't have time for this nonsense.

Tony... you have great passion, but I must respond to you as follows:

What you've just said in this thread is among the most insanely idiotic things I've ever read. At no point in your rambling, incoherent comments was there anything that could even remotely be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this forum is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Tony Soprano Guest

Avenger..

So losing losing to 2-14 teams and having your number 1 pick Inactive for games while the guy playing the positiion he was drafted for was struggling mighty - They are all good signs.

And Bernie and the Ram's President Conspired to publicly charge in the NEWSPAPER FALSELY that a member of the Front Office was leaving threats on reporter's answering machines.

Who's talking crazy now?

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    Yes, Bernie could have made it up - or more likely, exaggerated. And the person who he said confirmed it is John Hadley - his buddy and a fellow media hack.
    I hope this isn't entirely off topic since it was mentioned in the first post, but are you honestly saying that Bernie and John Hadley could have lied about the message left? Bernie couldn't have exaggerated what was said because he quoted it. Either it's accurate or it's not. If it's not, then both are probably losing their jobs, and the Rams organization could probably sue the PD. I think it's pretty far fetched to think Bernie actually pulled this out of the sky, Av.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Tony Soprano Guest

Okay.. You don't want to accept it, but much is fact.

Barron strugggles in Run blocking and Right Tackles are usually good Run blockers..

He wasn't the immediate help that many thought he would be.

Did anyone predict him being inactive for the Season operner?

I didn't know that St. Louis had journalists and Team Presidents that just make sIIT up about people and slander them falsely.

It's all me .

So losing losing to 2-14 teams and having your number 1 pick Inactive for games while the guy playing the positiion he was drafted for was struggling mighty - They are all good signs.
    First of all, we lost to a 1-0 team. This isn't Ericksson's *****. It's a new year, new team. Should we have lost, no, but I don't see what last year's record has to do with anything. Several teams lost to the 6-10 Rams in 1999, we know how that went.

You continuously whine about having Barron inactive for the game. The guy held out. He didn't have time to learn the offense, so we went with a veteran. That's what happens when a rookie holds out. I'm guessing in your opinion we should've just paid him whatever he wanted? Smart.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast