Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: Alex Barron - Signs of a ORGanization in disarray

They guy could have left the message in an obviously sarcastic tone, and Bernie could have deliberately ignored the tone. Why knows?

But, more importantly, who cares? If some mid-level person in the front office is having some sort of feud with some reporter, what do we care?

It certainly has nothing to do with Alex Barron.

Here's the bottom line with Barron. He's got a lot of talent, but is a bit raw because, quite frankly, he never needed to learn much technique to succeed at the college level. He held out, and is not quite ready for the Rams complicated offense. That's why he didn't play. Not because of some accross the board organizational problem. Not because he'll never succeed. Not because he wasn't the guy Martz really wanted.

If you want to believe in this nonsense, be my guest.

Its funny...

I spent two years arguing with Ram fans who wanted to proclaim Jimmy Kennedy a "bust" because he didn't light the world on fire from day 1.

Now, Kennedy is becoming a key player on the Rams.

So write off Barron if you want. I have a long memory.

Tony Soprano is offline Registered User

It takes as much vision to see that something is amiss in the Ram's ORG (your buddy admits that the Team President if lying
    and libeling Team officials publicly) as it did to see the Rex Tucker would struggle. Tucker excited you and now the Rams Organization is working in perfect harmony.

Again, it wasn't the team President that "confirmed" the alleged phone message. Here's the part of the article you're thinking of:

First of all, it's stunning that an NFL team executive would leave such a violent message in the voice mailbox of a newspaper reporter. (I couldn't reach Suleiman for comment. But Rams special assistant John Hadley said he discussed the voice mail with Suleiman, who confirmed leaving it. Hadley otherwise declined comment.)
    John Hadley is most certainly NOT the Rams' President.

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    They guy could have left the message in an obviously sarcastic tone, and Bernie could have deliberately ignored the tone. Why knows?

But, more importantly, who cares? If some mid-level person in the front office is having some sort of feud with some reporter, what do we care?

It certainly has nothing to do with Alex Barron.
    WRONG.. The message left was about Back-stabbing in the Organization and the
    throat slasher -Samir, was threatening the Source in the Ram's Organization. The feud was between two Samir and Bernie's source in the Ram's ORG. The Team President then confirmed that Samir had left a threatening message that referred to throat slashing.

.. You guys have a lot of nerve to attack me when last week your predictions were 180 degrees off.. Don't need a good memory when your gaffes are only a couple days away.

Okay.. Yes, Hadley... I'll give you that much.. But, you said that Team Prez would go along with Bernie because they were buds.... For someone to publicly acknowledge the message was, in fact, left validates it. And your statement shows Samir ADMITS doing it. Do you know of any other team representatives that have left throat-slashing messages for journalists? IF so,, please expound..

So now, Bernie and Hadley are conspiring and Samir hasn't found a microphone, TV reporter, phone, or website to refute his published admition. It was published that Samir admitted to leaving the threatening message. If that was written about me and I didn't do it,, I'd be running to cameras and then to a lawyer.

Last edited by Tony Soprano; -09-12-2005 at 11:27 PM.

What prediction are you referring to? That the Rams would win this week?

You don't make any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Soprano
    Okay.. Yes, Hadley... I'll give you that much.. But, you said that Team Prez would go along with Bernie because they were buds.... For someone to publicly acknowledge the message was, in fact, left validates it. And your statement shows Samir ADMITS doing it. Do you know of any other team representatives that have left throat-slashing messages for journalists? IF so,, please expound..

I never said anything about the Team Prez, or that Bernie and the Team Prez are buds.

Nobody has confirmed the comment. Bernie claimed it was made, and claimed that Hadley confirmed it.

Again, what in the HELL does this alleged comment by some Front Office flunky have to do with Alex Barron!?!?!?!

talkstoangels61 is offline Registered User

Yes it is way too early to give up on Baron! But, as a football fan why not put him in!
    Let him get his feet wet early

Team Flunky

Quote from National Website:
    Report: Rams front office executive leaves bizarre message on columnist’s voice mail
    Bernie Miklasz, sports columnist of the St. Louis Post Dispatch writes that he received a violent voice mail from a Rams Executive in response to a recent column he wrote. In the column Miklasz wrote about back-stabbing Rams coach Mike Martz is receiving from front-office executives at Rams Park.

The voice mail was left by Samir Suleiman, the Rams’ director of football administration.
    ENDQUOTE

Director of Football Administration - Front Office EXECUTIVE ;
    Directors and Executives aren't flunkies my friend..

What does it have to do? The title of my post that YOU attacked was Alex Barron - Signs of ORGANiZATION in Dissarray.

I stated the Samir, ORGANization backstabbing, throat slashing comments as evidence.

You said it was all baseless conspiracy etc.. Not based in reality .. that was the essence..

Last edited by Tony Soprano; -09-12-2005 at 11:42 PM.

Let me make this clear to you (or at least try, as you seem to be unable to grasp this concept):

Even if:

1. Samir Suleiman said what Bernie claims he said; and

2. Alex Barron ultimately proves to be the wrong player for the Rams to have selected.

These two things have absolutely nothing to do with each other!!!!!

Do you get it now!!?!?!!?!!

The fact that the Barron is not playing at the position he was drafted for - a DIRE NEED position. The fact that he's playing a different position and he's INACTIVE - UNAVAILABLE.

And we know of the reported infighting (insiders back-stabbing Martz ;; Throat slashing sources within the ORG)...

I'm saying Martz may not think Barron is a RIGHT TACKLE. And that Martz is benching (worse - Deactivating) a guy that was forced on him when someone in the ORG ignored his requests for a different first round pick or player aquisition.

Do you get it NOW? When the Head Coach and the Front Office are at odds, it'll show in personnel decisions and play time decisions.. Martz decides when and where he plays.

I think the ORG is in disarray and show me another that has EXECUTIVES threatening Reporters over an article regarding the Head Coach being backstabbing from inside the Organization.

When people in any organization are going in different directions and doing their own thing you will see things that seem contradictory. Like a Right tackle being drafted for a bad need and then being moved to Left tackle and then being DEACTIVATED For the game.

National Draft Reports stated that Barron was a weak run blocker.. One even said he was strictly a Left tackle. Now, Martz has him at that spot (LT)at the same time we have a hole in the lineup at RT. That's curious and to me, with the other in-fighting factors, it's totally within reason that Martz is at odds with others in the ORG.. Others that pulled for Barron to be the pick at number 19.

. Do you get it NOW?
    Last edited by Tony Soprano; -09-13-2005 at 12:59 AM.

viper is offline Registered User

Wow...you alll do get worked up now, don't you! Barron has been deemed, NOT READY for the right tackle position to this point. He was late to camp and has had to be molly coddled to get him comfortable to this stage. Put him at RT too early and you could break and ruin him. I think it was wise to get him in at LT in the preseason to get him some reps. At this point, should we put him in at RT? I'm not sure. We sure need a force there right now. I'm just not sure if it would do more damage than good right now. I differ to his coaches who are in a better position to make that call. Do we need him, yes! Is he ready? I'm not so sure. He is a long term solution for sure. He just may not be ready yet. Hopefully, we can get him up to speed and into the lineup at RT sooner than later. All of that other crap is just that. Why even go there?

Go Rams!!!:tongue:
    Last edited by viper; -09-13-2005 at 09:16 AM.

On August 22nd, when asked if there was a timeframe on how long Barron will stay at left tackle, Martz said it would be longer than most might think.

“Probably all year long,” Martz said. “

That's what he said - Probably all year long.

viper is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Soprano
    On August 22nd, when asked if there was a timeframe on how long Barron will stay at left tackle, Martz said it would be longer than most might think.

“Probably all year long,” Martz said. “

That's what he said - Probably all year long.
    Hopefully, it won't take that long. We obviously need him sooner than later and I think that will be the case.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast