Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Alex Barron - Signs of a ORGanization in disarray

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Soprano
    On August 22nd, when asked if there was a timeframe on how long Barron will stay at left tackle, Martz said it would be longer than most might think.

“Probably all year long,” Martz said. “

That's what he said - Probably all year long.
    Since when did Martz' comments to the media have anything to do with reality? He tells them what he wants them to hear and what he wants his players to hear. Truth doesn't matter when Martz has a microphone in front of him.

And for the record, that's not a bad thing.

"Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    Its funny...

I spent two years arguing with Ram fans who wanted to proclaim Jimmy Kennedy a "bust" because he didn't light the world on fire from day 1.

Now, Kennedy is becoming a key player on the Rams.

So write off Barron if you want. I have a long memory.
    Welcome to my world, AV. I wish I had a nickel for every defense of Kennedy I've had to make. Barron will come around whether impatient pessimists like it or not.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Rambos is offline Registered User

Barron does not run block well enough for Maetz to like him? Martz wants a run blocker? Sunday game "Bulger's franchise-record 56 passing attempts" he wanted a run blocker, I think he got his man, just needed him in camp. barron is a dream pick for Martz he can pass block, by game three he will be in.

ramhard is offline Registered User

Some data on first round choices and playing from USAToday

There's a reason NFL teams often try to trade out of the top five draft slots. They wind up paying a lot and often don't get much in return.

One game is hardly the barometer of ultimate success and failure, but we have space to fill and information we haven't used yet. So we will take a look at the top five picks in the April draft and see what their teams agreed to pay them and, for the most part, how little they accomplished on opening day.

No. 1: QB Alex Smith, San Francisco. Contract guarantee: $24 million. Did not play.

No. 2: RB Ronnie Brown, Miami Dolphins. Contract guarantee: $19.5M. Started and rushed for 57 yards in the Dolphins' upset of the Denver Broncos.

No. 3: WR Braylon Edwards, Cleveland Browns. Contract guarantee: $12.7M. Two catches for 16 yards.

No. 4: RB Cedric Benson, Chicago Bears. Contract guarantee: $13.2M. Three carries for 10 yards.

No. 5: RB Carnell "Cadillac" Williams, Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Contract guarantee: $13.34M. Twenty-seven carries for 148 yards, including a 71-yard touchdown.

It could have been worse. In fact, it was in a couple of places. Cornerback Pacman Jones (No. 6, Tennessee Titans) and defensive end Erasmus James (No. 18, Minnesota) were game-day inactives.

ZigZagRam is offline Registered User

Excellent post Ramhard. This is what I mean by substance.

Tony Soprano is offline Registered User

ZigZag,

Yes, the substance is that 5 days ago you were excited by having Rex Tucker starting.

Just like you and your defenders were in denial of our problems at Right Tackler - you guys are in denial that our Front Office isn't all on the same page.

ZigZagRam is offline Registered User

Yes, the substance is that 5 days ago you were excited by having Rex Tucker starting.
    I was exciting about him as a run blocker. Which is the strongest part of his game. Please show me where I said I'm excited about him as a pass blocker. Saying he'll be better than what we had last year is not saying I'm excited about him as a pass blocker.

You still haven't answered the questions of Avenger and I. Clearly it's a waste of time to continue to argue with you, a man who doesn't have the two-cents required to answer a simple question about their baseless arguement.

A 1st round pick holds out and is inactive for the first day, this shows a crumbling organization how? You have no answer.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123