Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: All of Bradford's throws 15+ yards from the 2012

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

All of Bradford's throws 15+ yards from the 2012

Found this video over at The Rams Huddle forum. Was made by a guy that goes by StlouisramsX and all credit goes to him. Was an interesting video so thought I would share it with you guys. NOW DISCUSS!!!!

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: All of Bradford's throws 15+ yards from the 2012

This is consistent with my memory.

In the early part of the season, I saw Bradford make some accurate throws to receivers who got very little separtion, dropped a lot of passes, and often ran poor routes (Gibson in particular on that last one).

Later, after the ankle injury, his accuracy was not as good, though he still made a few nice throws.

This video did not, of course, show all the sacks, which were also a big part of the story.

While that video was difficult to watch at times, it did not discourage me.

AtlantaRamFan is offline Registered User

Yeah I think that's about right Avenger. It was frustrating watching a group of receivers that was so collectively incompetent. Bradford didn't quite look the same after coming back from that injury, but I imagine that a season of dropped passes and sacks will do that do you. Hopefully this years crop of receivers will be better than last.

On a positive note, I don't think anyone could watch this video and say Bradford can't throw a good deep ball. When he gets time, he can make every single throw an NFL QB will ever need to make.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Yeah I'm with you guys hard to watch. Sam had so many balls dropped, at one point I heard 13% from one of the commentators. What jumps out is the word inconsistent, that's what I see when watching these receivers. DX makes a great catch then drops a pass. Gibby makes a great catch then runs a poor route, followed by more dropped passes. Pretty much the same from Kendricks who just dropped a lot of passes.

Bradford is not perfect but what QB is when he's in year two?
    Last edited by Rambos; -06-21-2012 at 09:31 PM.

R.Gabriel is offline Registered User

Very good quality video. Thanks for sharing Tampa Run! I thought Sam was plenty accurate. With the upgraded defense and some better luck injury wise, we WILL suprise a lot of people this year. Can't wait for the season to get going!

DE_Ramfan is offline Registered User

Another year of that and Bradford might have his own "Laces out!" breakdown. Just swap in "Off the hands!"

Ram Mar Ram is offline Registered User

Loved some of his throws, went a little downhill in the latter half of the season but i like his touch, that playaction fake against the Eagles was pretty awesome. Sam is a stud and video didnt sway my thinking one bit. I thought DX had some really nice grabs and hoping he does make the cut now whereas before i had him on the bubble to make the roster.

If the receivers get their act together, should be alot better this season. Thought the Oline was a mixed bag on those extended pass protection assignments.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

1. Bradford definitely has a ton of potential. Seemed to me his accuracy was better in his rookie year than last year. That can be attributed to the ankle injury, and the lack of a QB coach. He needs to work on his deep ball though.

2. Gibson was probably the receiver I was most impressed with. Alexander had some good catches, but then he goes and drops an easy one. Gibson ran some good routes, had some good catches. He's not a world-class receiver, but he's a solid #4 or #5 WR.

3. Watching this video reaffirmed my opinion on Kendricks. I have never liked him, and still continue to have my doubts on his future in the NFL. He is just no good in my opinion. He has bad hands (the excuse of "rookie nerves" can only hold so much weight), average speed, average route running, and below average size for a TE. To be a good 6'3, 240lb TE, you better be fast and/or have good route running skills, which he did not show.

4. Jason Smith gets beaten easily by the bull rush AND by speed rushers.

5. Jacob Bell held his own against Calais Campbell which is impressive since Campbell is about 6'8 and 300+lbs.

6. Jason Brown's NFL career is done.

7. Hopefully Saffold improves against the bull rush this season, because he was out-muscled frequently in that video.

In conclusion, it was a rough year for Bradford, the receivers, and for the whole team.

Hopefully we do not have a re-showing of Drop-Mania because that was tough to watch. Brian Quick and Chris Givens need to contribute, and hopefully our O-line improves.

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

Man I can't wait for when Brandon Gibson is not our number 1 receiver... As a number five sure, but not the go to option. If DX can play about 10 snaps a game I believe he can be difference maker.

Sam has all the tools, now hopefully he has some help around him.
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

Let's be honest here. Sam Bradford should be connecting on some of those throws. Over throw, after over throw, isn't acceptable for a guy with this much talent. Clearly the receiver's are making it difficult for him to show his thing. But not to the extent that some would suggest. In the Redskin's game, one play in particular stuck out for me. DX got behind his man, deep down the left sideline with the score 17-10 to the Redskins. It was an easy TD throw in my opinion. But yet again the ball sailed out of Alexander's long reach.
    Im very thankful that the Rams are going back to the WCO. It should help a lot in getting Bradford back into a rhythm on gameday. Which is something he never did last season.!

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

My 2 cents…

• Sam Bradford can throw the long ball…
    • Sam needs receivers…badly!
    • Sam needs protection…badly!
    • I miss football so much in the off season…
    • I totally appreciate the drive to end cancer, but I really hate the color pink with our uniforms…
    • I am amazed that football can take my 3 minute attention span and stretch it out to 30 minutes…twice!

Great video!
    live4ramin likes this.
    "The disappointment of losing is huge!"

Jack Youngblood

berg8309 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by GROUND DOG 39 View Post
    Let's be honest here. Sam Bradford should be connecting on some of those throws. Over throw, after over throw, isn't acceptable for a guy with this much talent. Clearly the receiver's are making it difficult for him to show his thing. But not to the extent that some would suggest. In the Redskin's game, one play in particular stuck out for me. DX got behind his man, deep down the left sideline with the score 17-10 to the Redskins. It was an easy TD throw in my opinion. But yet again the ball sailed out of Alexander's long reach.
    Im very thankful that the Rams are going back to the WCO. It should help a lot in getting Bradford back into a rhythm on gameday. Which is something he never did last season.!
    I agree you see some mis-throws, a few more than you'd like from a top tier QB (As even Rodgers and Brady GASP don't always thread the needle). However, I think you minimize the impact of the WRs on his throws too. As the season progresses, even absent the injury, you can see Bradford getting less confident in his receivers, from their drops as well as lack of separation, which could lead him to throwing less balls at the numbers. I'm not trying to say Bradford has no blame, but I think that its hard to throw a good ball when you have no confidnece that it will be caught.

berg8309 is offline Registered User

P.S. this was a bad thread for me to come across on a Friday morning.

Agrajag is offline Registered User

At the beginning of the season, his accuracy was unbelievable.

The receivers were just dropping everything or falling down and not completing their routes.

And, yes after his ankle injury his play just declined considerably. The DX pass it was as if he just gave up on that play completely. And more just like it, makes you wonder what was going on there ... so contrary to the Sam Bradford that you saw in the beginning of the season.

One other thing I noticed which reminded me of what I was thinking during the season was how Brandon Lloyd seemed to push Bradford. He was fast enough and shifty enough to get open and still strong enough to come down with the ball and make the play. He even make some catches on good routes but bad catches that kind of illustrated where Sam was going.

In a lot of ways it was as if they kind of pushed each other.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

I think the video does a great job highlighting the situation from last year. While Bradford wasn't perfect by any stretch, the predominant issues on offense were the personnel around him not doing their jobs correctly on a more frequent basis. Hopefully the steps the Rams have started taking to rectify that will work out, and we can see Sam hit on some more of the beautiful passes highlighted in parts of that video. I'll never get tired of watching that rollout back end zone pass in the Ravens game. Couldn't have been executed better.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast