Like Tree21Likes
  • 11 Post By NJ Ramsfan1
  • 2 Post By sosa39rams
  • 7 Post By Tampa_Ram
  • 1 Post By NJ Ramsfan1

Thread: To all Clanrammers- esp. those in New Jersey

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

To all Clanrammers- esp. those in New Jersey

Just met Dick Vermeil. He is making appearances at various liquor stores in the Jackson, Toms River and Manahawkin parts of Ocean County today 3/31 and tomorrow 4/1. A complete list of his appearances is on the Vermeil wines website. He is signing bottles of his wine but will also sign anything you wish- no charge.

I stopped by the Jackson Plaza Wines after high school baseball practice today and met him. Wonderful guy, as you might expect- super nice and personable. I walked in with my Kurt Warner jersey on and he was thrilled, saying "wow, does THIS bring back good memories!" I told him what an honor it was to meet him and told him I wish he'd never left. Made a bunch of small talk for a good 10 minutes. He told me he just got a text from Mike Gruttadauria, the center on the SB Championship team. He asked me how I became a Rams fan. When I told him I loved Jack Youngblood and Nolan Cromwell as a kid, he smiled and said "You know I was on staff under Tommy Prothro when we drafted Jack. And I still see Nolan every once in awhile". He expressed a tinge of disappointment that the Rams have been bad- said good things about both Devaney and Spags as people- but was confident "Fisher was moving things in the right drection".

Definitely a thrill today. Got a picture taken with him and he signed a bottle of wine, a mini helmet and a Super Bowl picture for me.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Re: To all Clanrammers- esp. those in New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    Just met Dick Vermeil. He is making appearances at various liquor stores in the Jackson, Toms River and Manahawkin parts of Ocean County today 3/31 and tomorrow 4/1. A complete list of his appearances is on the Vermeil wines website. He is signing bottles of his wine but will also sign anything you wish- no charge.

I stopped by the Jackson Plaza Wines after high school baseball practice today and met him. Wonderful guy, as you might expect- super nice and personable. I walked in with my Kurt Warner jersey on and he was thrilled, saying "wow, does THIS bring back good memories!" I told him what an honor it was to meet him and told him I wish he'd never left. Made a bunch of small talk for a good 10 minutes. He told me he just got a text from Mike Gruttadauria, the center on the SB Championship team. He asked me how I became a Rams fan. When I told him I loved Jack Youngblood and Nolan Cromwell as a kid, he smiled and said "You know I was on staff under Tommy Prothro when we drafted Jack. And I still see Nolan every once in awhile". He expressed a tinge of disappointment that the Rams have been bad- said good things about both Devaney and Spags as people- but was confident "Fisher was moving things in the right drection".

Definitely a thrill today. Got a picture taken with him and he signed a bottle of wine, a mini helmet and a Super Bowl picture for me.
    That's unreal man! Congrats, wish I could meet him! Sounds like a very genuine guy, which is what I got from watching and listening to him on the T.V anyways.

Did he at any point in that convo start crying?
    Fettmaster and Tampa_Ram like this.

THE DREAM TEAM

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Dude! That's so awesome! My timing is awful, I live in New Jersey but I'm studying abroad in England right now! Damn!

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

Grats man, thats sweet as heck.

We will rally around Dick Vermeil, and we will drink good wine!!!

Fettmaster is offline Registered User

Amazing! I'm glad you got to chat it up for a bit instead of being rushed away.

macrammer is online now Registered User

NJ, I am jealous That is just great. Class act wearing the jersey of the ONLY QB ever to be at the helm of a Ram team to bring home a SB win!! Vermeil seems real and he is from wine country in Nor Cal so it is only fitting he has his own thing going in that regard. Thanks for sharing

BarronWade is offline Registered User

Oh thats great...I live in north Jersey and have little time to drive down i wish he would come up north

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BarronWade View Post
    Oh thats great...I live in north Jersey and have little time to drive down i wish he would come up north
    Yo Barron what county? I live in Bergen County north jersey

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fettmaster View Post
    Amazing! I'm glad you got to chat it up for a bit instead of being rushed away.
    I was fortunate- I got there kind of early during the signing and there were only a couple of people in the store. Got to chat for a little bit- real relaxed and not at all rushed. If I wasn't so computer-stupid, I'd post the picture i took with him- it came out great. And he also had his Super Bowl ring on!!
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

Ohh great last thing we need is Snooki to get ahold of more wine !!!

haha but for the reals that is really cool! I bet that was a awesome experience!!