Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BEER is offline Registered User

Re: For all the Haslett Haters ...

Quote Originally Posted by Rampingitup View Post
    I am skeptical but withholding judgment until I see at least a couple of games with him at the head.
    We have, for the sorry Saints. Why do you think he was fired from that job?

BEER is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    Again, let's see a real argument ...
    There is no argument. An argument is a diff in opinions, what RamsInfiniti
    wrote was fact and you cant argue what is flat out fact.

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

Are we really having this discussion already?

Have we become so entrenched in our negativity that we've already started unloading on Haslett? If so its fairly sad to be honest.

What did anyone think was going to happen when we jettisoned Linehan? We were never going to attract an experienced NFL 'name' in mid-season whilst we're 0-4 and speculation mounts about off-season re-structuring. It was either Haslett or Saunders and Suanders last gig was quite a while ago. So I fail to see how unloading on Haslett at this stage is entirely warranted.

As for his last HC position with the Saints, I would argue that he got stiffed after doing an almost impossible job in a Katrina-blighted season up in San Antonio. His players continued to play hard, they believed in him and more importantly they were and are very vocal about his leadership.

So I don't see his tenure with the Saints as a disqualification, quite the opposite, its exactly the kind of thing that we need.

So lets give him 12 games and see if he brings us back to the point of at least competing.

We can do that can't we?

RealRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Pang View Post
    ...I don't see his tenure with the Saints as a disqualification, quite the opposite, its exactly the kind of thing that we need.

So let's give [Haslett] 12 games and see if he brings us back to the point of at least competing.

We can do that can't we?

Excellent post FP! I think Coach Haslett will bring good things to our Rams present situation.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

I strongly agree with the original post. With previous head coaching experience, Haslett was the best option available, plain and simple. You can't make a convincing argument that Saunders, Venturi or Ellard would have been better choices.

You cannot fire your head coach AND coordinators in mid-season!! Some semblance of continuity must exist on the ballclub for the entire year. The house cleaning will occur at season's end.

I cannot defend Haslett's defense, which is pathetic. However, I would suggest he is hamstrung by a complete lack of players on the defensive side of the ball. The corners stink. There is no pass rush. Long and carriker are still learning and Tinoisamoa and Little have had more than their fair share of injuries the past two seasons. Marshall Faulk said that Jim Haslett's defense (with New Orleans) was the most difficult defense to go up against in terms of schemes. This leads me to believe it is not Haslett that's the problem but the lack of talent on that side of the football.

I guarantee you this team will play hard the rest of the way.

moloch41 is offline Registered User

From what I understand- Saunders didn't want the job anyway and it's not like the offense is lighting up the league anyway. The playcalling there has been pretty bad IMO. Whether you like him or not, Haslett is the head coach for the rest of the year- they're not going to make another change this year no matter how poorly we do (nor can I see us playing any worse than we have). I see it as a positive that he's not calling the defense anymore and hopefully he's better suited to motivate and run the overall picture rather than getting involved in the X's and O's. If he turns this trainwreck around, then he should get consideration to be the next HC of the Rams. If he doesn't, then we look for a new guy next season and hopefully aren't able to do that without Zagnut.

39thebeast is offline Registered User

1 Question where have his great inspirational and motivational tactics you guys have been talking about on one of the leagues worst defenses the past few years. Ill go with it now since their really aren't any better options, but I'm not going to love it. He's on short leash for me, not to necessarily win which may be asking to much. I want to see some fire, I want to see the young guys so I might dream of a bright future. If Haslett can't even do that i'll be the first to go S.H.O.P (Sack Haslett oppostion Party) I have a few words of advice for Jimmy If you wanna win put the rookies in.

letsgoramz is offline Registered User

i think haslett can motivate this team enough to get them to compete, and keep the games in a winnable range , i cant say that i have liked the guy over the years , and i understand we have the worst d in the NFL under his command but being the DC and HC are very very different now with total team control lets see what he can do . . .
    Torry Holt Dont play that

faulk2jackson Guest

As long as we keep the games competitive, I'm all for Hasslett. I'm just tired of getting drunk because the Rams have no chance of winning.

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rampingitup View Post
    Actually I think this is one of the most positive things he has said to date.

"I promise they will play hard," Haslett said. "They will play hard or they’re not going to be here."

Ironically that's what Linehan said about Haslett's boy, Fakhir Brown.

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Pang View Post
    Are we really having this discussion already?

Have we become so entrenched in our negativity that we've already started unloading on Haslett? If so its fairly sad to be honest.

What did anyone think was going to happen when we jettisoned Linehan? We were never going to attract an experienced NFL 'name' in mid-season whilst we're 0-4 and speculation mounts about off-season re-structuring. It was either Haslett or Saunders and Suanders last gig was quite a while ago. So I fail to see how unloading on Haslett at this stage is entirely warranted.

As for his last HC position with the Saints, I would argue that he got stiffed after doing an almost impossible job in a Katrina-blighted season up in San Antonio. His players continued to play hard, they believed in him and more importantly they were and are very vocal about his leadership.

So I don't see his tenure with the Saints as a disqualification, quite the opposite, its exactly the kind of thing that we need.

So lets give him 12 games and see if he brings us back to the point of at least competing.

We can do that can't we?
    This is a really awesome deserving great rep! Haslett did get stiffed after the Katrinia thing, and I don't think it was anything personal against him. From all accounts, he did extraordinary things that season to keep the team together. But after Katrina, I think the town needed a change of scenery and thats what they got. I am sure Haslett was burned out, and I am certain it showed. Sean Payton came in, and they had one good season, and now they are just like the Saints were when Haslett was there, an average team. Payton was a godsend, but now I wonder if the fans feel the same about him ...

Haslett is a leader, and he is fiery, and that is what this team needs right now. Is Haslett the answer for the future? Don't know yet ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12