Rambos is offline Registered User

All signs point too

The Rams need to establish the running game on Monday night with out Bruce and a hurting Holt, plus a weak secondary. Against the Dolts itís time to slow the game down. Jackson left, Jackson Right and Jackson up the middle and Marshal as often as possible. Hey we might even have to call the old ED 47 gap. Last thing we need is a shootout with out Mad Mike calling the plays and our WR not at 100%. Does anyone know where Chuck Knox or John Robison left their game plans? If we can keep it close we have a shot, Dolts run D is 17th

thoey is offline Registered User

Re: All signs point too

I think I disagree. I thing we need balance, and with this team, balance means 60% pass and 40% run. I actually am starting to think that this game is the best time for Martz to need his vacation, because I doubt we could beat the Colts through the air as we have been trying to do the last several weeks..

I think Holt will play, but I am sure he won't be 100%. Now's the time we find out what he is really made of. Big Game? We'll see. Besides that, I think we will see Curtis and McDonald step up. And Looker will be Looker.

We do need a running game, which means Jackson has to put on his BIG BOY pants, or MF needs to see the field more.
    This space for rent...

rampete is offline Registered User

i agree with the top poster, the rams need to ground the ball into the turf...it will do two things:

1) establish, hopefully by the second half, the run to set up the pass.

2) eat up the clock and limit the touches by manning and co...

it's what opposing teams have been doing to us in the past 5 seasons with some success...

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

unless our running game consists of 3 carries for 0 yards and a punt. We can't get blood from a turnip and right now our interior run blocking (ie. Nutten and the doughnut bros.) ain't opening anything.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

adarian_too is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rampete

it's what opposing teams have been doing to us in the past 5 seasons with some success...
    I agree. Ball control. Short passes. Good ground game. Turn the tables.

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

It isn't going to matter one whit whether we run or pass if we are behind 21-0 by the second quarter. The defense somehow must find a way to slow down the Colt's offense or we will be throwing all night trying to play catch-up and bad things can happen in that scenario. I do agree 100% that the Rams need to try and establish the run early, as with a little luck, 2 or 3 big gain running plays will set up the play action pass. One other thing I hope Mr. Fairchild adds to the mix consistently is the quick hit slant, as when well executed, it is hard to defend and allows Marc to get rid of the ball before anyone can get near him. Opening up a drive deep in our own territory utilizing 7 step drops with our current group of players, is a recipie for disaster!

IF our defense can find a way to blunt the Colts scoring we will have a shot.... Otherwise I'm afraid it will be a very long evening.. Regrettably that seems a pretty tall "IF" after the last two games..

:football: :football:

Fargo Ram Fan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos
    Last thing we need is a shootout with out Mad Mike calling the plays...

You mean like he did vs. SF,NY and SEA?? Thank the lord he was there for those games! Im confident this fella currently at the helm WILL NOT BE a drop off in play calling/game management ability...nor would Stevie Wonder for that matter. With a little luck we may find a hidden gem...some HOPE for the future of this franchise.

Rambos is offline Registered User

You mean like he did vs. SF,NY and SEA?? Thank the lord he was there for those games! Im confident this fella currently at the helm WILL NOT BE a drop off in play calling/game management ability...nor would Stevie Wonder for that matter. With a little luck we may find a hidden gem...some HOPE for the future of this franchise.
    When you say future, you mean prior to Mike calling the plays. The team with no rings, the team that had the second worst record in the 90’s, the team the was such a joke the whiners beat us 18 times in a row and called us the same old sorry @$$ Rams, is that the future you are talking about. Because the past was not so great until Mad Mike started calling the plays. What are you talking about, the future is now get use to it Mike is not going away, not by a long shot!

Tell me what Rams era where we better then these Rams what did I miss, I know the 60's we where good.

THEFIELDGOAL is offline Registered User

Life as it stands is probably not all that great. But hey the 90's were horrid. Having said that, Mike Martz not on the sidelines is a good test for this team to make an impact and what better way than on a Monday Night.
    I agree with some of you that we need a running game. But we have not seen one yet. But the Lookers,McDonalds and Curtis must show up on Monday.
    The issue here is the special teams and the defensive gameplans and executions.
    With a similar offense like the Colts, if we can hold them and pressure. Then we will be looking at a long and horrid night just like the Giants game.
    The running game mixed with the passing and if we can protect Bulger. We will have a good chance. But like anything. If the team defensively does not show up with a good plan. Then we will be in toruble early.
    Monday Night I cannot wait!!
    THE FIELD GOAL

maineram is offline Registered User

Offensive line & Defensive line.... if they show up for three of the four quarters...we win !!!!!!

Maineram -
    and out of the ashes rise ...The Breakfast Club !

talkstoangels61 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos
    The Rams need to establish the running game on Monday night with out Bruce and a hurting Holt, plus a weak secondary. Against the Dolts itís time to slow the game down. Jackson left, Jackson Right and Jackson up the middle and Marshal as often as possible. Hey we might even have to call the old ED 47 gap. Last thing we need is a shootout with out Mad Mike calling the plays and our WR not at 100%. Does anyone know where Chuck Knox or John Robison left their game plans? If we can keep it close we have a shot, Dolts run D is 17th

Agree with you here! WE need to keep their offense off the field like others have done us in the past! Offense isn't out there they don't score.................that much! It's how all of the good teams have schemed us!

talkstoangels61 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by maineram
    Offensive line & Defensive line.... if they show up for three of the four quarters...we win !!!!!!

Maineram -

Agree with you also........they havent both showed up for the same game in some time!

RealRam is offline Registered User

Re: All signs point to...

All signs point to...

Offensive line & Defensive line.... if they show up for three of the four quarters...we win!!! --MaineRam
    I do believe this to be true. GO RAMS!

:1:

Masspatsfan12 is offline Registered User

I hope the rams win tonight, I hate the colts, on another note how is everyone doing tonight.

THEFIELDGOAL is offline Registered User

Great Masspatsfan12. This was a huge letdown and with Marc gone. It's like a stroke. This week will be interesting. It's like a bomb hit home. I am not in the best of spirits.
    THE FIELD GOAL