Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ramsbruce is offline Registered User

All this talk about the Colts D

Heres the thing, everyone is talking about the Colts D and how the Rams could easily get blown out. Well the way I see it, the Colts D hasn't played ANYBODY yet. The Colts have played Baltimore's ridiculous offense, Jacksonville who are just OK on offense nothing spectacular, Cleveland nuff said there lol, Tennessee who really have lost a step or two, and the Whiners with a ROOKIE QB in his first start. So yes the Colts D have looked great but wait untill they play some offensive minded teams before calling them the 85 Bears. Until the Colts shut down some REAL offenses it's really hard to say the Colts D is for real. I would say they are improved but they haven't proved anything yet.

mw23 is offline Registered User

Re: All this talk about the Colts D

Most Colt fans will even tell you that. We are fully aware of who we have played. That's why, IMO, we as Colts fans will learn Monday night were this defense really stands. IF we hold you guys to under 20, and win the game, then you gotta believe.

Last year, this same Colts defense was giving up 25-30 points to even the worst defenses. So there is an improvement in that aspect.

Sig by Shuggz at www.coltfreaks.com

mw23 is offline Registered User

Here is some interesting stats that a member at coltfreaks put together. It reflects how many points the Colts previous opponents have averages against their other opponets, and how many they average against the Colts. Remember, 3 out of the 5 Colts games (Bal, Ten, & SF) were road games:

Avg. PPG of teams we have played thus far Vs their other opponents ,and VS Colts:

Balt:13.3 Vs Colts 7
    Jax: 20.5 Vs Colts 3
    Ten:23.3 Vs Colts 10
    Cle: 19.7 Vs Colts 6
    SF: 19.0 Vs Colts 3

Avg PPG of Colts Opp 19.2
    Avg PPG against Colts 5.8

Sig by Shuggz at www.coltfreaks.com

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by mw23
    Most Colt fans will even tell you that. We are fully aware of who we have played. That's why, IMO, we as Colts fans will learn Monday night were this defense really stands. IF we hold you guys to under 20, and win the game, then you gotta believe.

Last year, this same Colts defense was giving up 25-30 points to even the worst defenses. So there is an improvement in that aspect.
    I'm sure you mean offenses instead of defenses. It's good to hear some Colt fans admit they are not exactly sure what they've got, and don't really know how good this defense is. It's amazing to me that more than a few Colt fans are coming in here and talking like a 16-0 season is a guarantee and that a Saint-like 52-3 whoopin' on the Rams is a given. As bad as we are right now, this team has never givin' up and has always fought to the end and been competitive. I expect nothing less in Indy.

thoey is offline Registered User

Nice stats MW23. I agree that the Colts D has improved this year. Hell, I am using them on my fantasy team. I think it should be a good game. But only if all three components of the Rams come to play. If they show up like a couple games this season, it could end up being a long night for us and an aerial show for you.
    This space for rent...

SwingOnDeez is offline Registered User

Well, you can complain about our schedule all you want, but even if it's the easiest first 5 games in the HISTORY of NFL schedules, which it's not, the defense has STILL silenced critics effectively.

Look at about the middle of this article, if you don't believe me.

sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2186291

You know a big reason why those 5 teams have low ranked offenses? Because 1/5 of their season was destroyed by the Colts D.

By the way, the Rams SQUEAKED by the Titans, and LOST to the 49'ers, (the worst team I've ever seen) and I'd put my money against them if they played any other team the Colts have faced, so I don't really see where it's your place to question the Colts' talent.

I've already had 2 sigs removed by MODS here. I guess we'll see if this one is too offensive as well.

thoey is offline Registered User

But, the difference being, the Rams scored, and scored big, even in the games we lost. And that is what we are talking about here. The Rams offense is going to score. I don't feel the Colts will shut them out. The deciding factor will be can we score enough on offense to make up for the mistakes on the other two sides of the team (D and ST).
    This space for rent...

Quote Originally Posted by SwingOnDeez
    Well, you can complain about our schedule all you want, but even if it's the easiest first 5 games in the HISTORY of NFL schedules, which it's not, the defense has STILL silenced critics effectively.

You know a big reason why those 5 teams have low ranked offenses? Because 1/5 of their season was destroyed by the Colts D.

By the way, the Rams SQUEAKED by the Titans, and LOST to the 49'ers, (the worst team I've ever seen) and I'd put my money against them if they played any other team the Colts have faced, so I don't really see where it's your place to question the Colts' talent.
    Nowhere was I complaining about the Colts schedule. It's my place to question the Colts D because they haven't played ANYONE. That's a fact so until they shut down the Rams, Pats, and Cincy maybe, then there will always be speculation as to how good the Colts D really is.

Heres an example. The Rams RUN D was great the first 3 games, but we played Barlow at San Fran, Shipp at Arizona, and Brown at Tenn. Now the last 2 weeks our RUN D is mediocre at best, we played Tiki from the Giants and Shaun Alexander from the Hawks. So it just goes to show you don't know what you really have until you play some real talent.

I don't think we're complaining about the schedule, just putting things in perspective. As should you.

You can take credit for your opponents low offensive rankings, but I think that's a reach.

Not our place to question the Colt's talent? Why, is your team beyond reproach? Until they show they can shut down a high octane offense, the question remains a legitimate one. Maybe you do have a great defense, but let's base that on accurate assessments. Shut the Rams down and then you'll have something to talk about.

By the way, the Rams SQUEAKED by the Titans, and LOST to the 49'ers, (the worst team I've ever seen)
    Oh by the way the worst team that you should have seen are the Houston Texans (not the whiners) and you play Houston twice.

RealRam is online now Registered User

The deciding factor will be, can we score enough on offense to make up for the mistakes on the other two sides of the team (D and ST)? --Thoey
    That is the question! :football:

:clanram: I am not overly concerned about the Colts D. I'm aprehensive about our D!

SwingOnDeez is offline Registered User

I don't know how many points you think the rams will put up on Monday night, but I'd place a hefty wager that it will be less than 59, thus keeping us on track with the '85 Bears in terms of points allowed.

I've already had 2 sigs removed by MODS here. I guess we'll see if this one is too offensive as well.

I don't know how many points you think the rams will put up on Monday night, but I'd place a hefty wager that it will be less than 59, thus keeping us on track with the '85 Bears in terms of points allowed.
    Probably a pretty good bet you'll hold us under 59. But will you shut down an explosive offense and keep points off the board? The Rams may just surprise you, even without our mastermind.

RamJackson39 is offline Registered User

thus keeping us on track with the '85 Bears in terms of points allowed.
    Please tell me that you did not just compare the Colts to the '85 Bears.

Quote Originally Posted by RamJackson39
    Please tell me that you did not just compare the Colts to the '85 Bears.
    LOL LOL LOL

Swing is delusional :drunk:

Swing you do realize who you played the last 5 games right?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast