Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: With all the uncertainty, there's only one thing I'm certain of...

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

With all the uncertainty, there's only one thing I'm certain of...

I'm at a loss today.

How do you explain everything that went wrong yesterday?

Where do we go from here?

There is only one thing I feel certain of...

SCREW THE "TAKE MATT KALIL" MOVEMENT!!!!!

The Rams need playmakers.

Let me repeat that:

THE RAMS NEED PLAYMAKERS!!!

There is simply no substitute for players who can take it to the house from 50 yards or more. They are the players that break close games open. They are the players who make questionable O lines look good. They are the players who make good QBs great.

Give me a Justin Blackmon!
    Give me a back-up RB who runs a 4.3!
    Give me a ball-hawking CB who can return kicks!
    Give me a Danario Alexander w/out the knee issues!

The Rams' have O line issues. Nobody is denying that. But we have to have faith that things can get better from within. Saffold CAN play LT in this league. We saw it last year. Brown and Dahl can anchor an interior O line. And if Bell and Smith must be replaced - FA and the 3rd or 4th round of the draft is where we should look for replacements.

GIVE ME SOME FREAKIN' PLAYMAKERS!!!!!

richtree is offline Registered User

Re: With all the uncertainty, there's only one thing I'm certain of...

Amen to that !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

melwheezy likes this.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

It won't matter unless Bradford steps up his game and the offensive line plays well with him. It's just that simple. I keep waiting for Bradford to have that light switch go off in his head; "I understand now, I get the offense." But each week (not counting the last two) I don't see it. I love Bradford and everything but I'm just so disappointed with him right now. How many opportunities did we have? I don't care about the blocked FG, we should've scored a lot more points than 13, 4 of which came from SAFETIES. Are you serious? How does that not completely give us huge momentum for the offense to drive and get 7 points? At some point, you have to hold a QB responsible: he has, what, 3 TDs the whole year? That's UNACCEPTABLE.
    live4ramin, RockinRam and locazn like this.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Rambos is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    I'm at a loss today.

How do you explain everything that went wrong yesterday?

There is only one thing I feel certain of...

SCREW THE "TAKE MATT KALIL" MOVEMENT!!!!!

The Rams need playmakers.

Let me repeat that:

THE RAMS NEED PLAYMAKERS!!!

There is simply no substitute for players who can take it to the house from 50 yards or more. They are the players that break close games open. They are the players who make questionable O lines look good. They are the players who make good QBs great.

Give me a Justin Blackmon!
    Give me a back-up RB who runs a 4.3!
    Give me a ball-hawking CB who can return kicks!
    Give me a Danario Alexander w/out the knee issues!

The Rams' have O line issues. Nobody is denying that. But we have to have faith that things can get better from within. Saffold CAN play LT in this league. We saw it last year. Brown and Dahl can anchor an interior O line. And if Bell and Smith must be replaced - FA and the 3rd or 4th round of the draft is where we should look for replacements.

GIVE ME SOME FREAKIN' PLAYMAKERS!!!!!

I'm in the fix the O line first campaign and I will tell you why. We have a play maker in Sam and so far he's getting his a$$ kicked every week. We missed on Smith and Rodger Saffold might be able to play RT but he is not a franchise LT that I know for sure.

I agree, with you we need play makers... I respect what SJ has done for this team, but he's on the the back nine of a great Rams career. BUT we need to get his replacement in this draft, it can be done in RD 2 or 3. Running backs are easier to come by the franchise LT IMO.

Saffold CAN play LT in this league. We saw it last year
    Saffold play well when we where dinking and dunking in the west coast.. but he is not a dominate LT like a Joe Thomas.

And if Bell and Smith must be replaced
    I agree here they both need to go... Smith is a bust and Bell was on his way out... maybe Smith can go inside not sure.

I'm not sure, Spags is now in a fight for his job. These are the games he is suppose to win. We where more then competitive yesterday but not sure that will keep his job.

If Billy stay as GM he's always said and so far has built inside out looking at the line play of the offense I can't see him passing on MATT KALIL.

If the D line keeps playing like it has the last two games against the run and Quinn keeps getting sacks that's a positive, but we need a young stud DT still.

Lloyd has done enough already to start working a deal as far as I'm concerned, he going to be a factor, can we get a deal done with him is the question.

Needs:
    LT
    OT
    OLB
    CB
    WR
    RB

PLAY MAKERS!!!
    Last edited by Rambos; -11-07-2011 at 12:43 PM.

Ramone is offline Registered User

...SCREW THE "TAKE MATT KALIL" MOVEMENT!!!!!

Exactly! If he is right now our LT, we'll still be 1-7. By the way, I'm sick of first round fat 'money-eating' busts and disappointments like John Greco (once I thought he'll be our long-term solution on RT and he should, as high 3rd rounder). It seems that we must pay some diabolic tax, on Orlando Pace pick. If we need to spent 2nd pick on Blackmon, than be it!
    Also, we should not look for problem, where there’s no any. I mean on Bradford and hardly understandable lack of faith in him. So what if he had a bad game? For me, it's not important are we 2-6 or 1-7, or we'll be 2-14 or 3-13. This season was lost right at the beginning, when all of us saw how unprepared, in fact, totally lost, we tried to play NFL football.

SPAGNOULO -- THE GREATEST NFL FRAUD

RAMarkable is online now Registered User

Well, I see where you are coming from but with the Rams all but assured the first or second pick in this draft the question is are there any receivers that warrant such a high pick?

Usually franchise quality left tackles are valued higher than wide receivers. Look, I like Justin Blackmon as much as anybody but I'm just not sure he can carry a top 5 grade in this draft, no matter how much we might NEED his services.

I do agree with your basic premise of getting playmakers and increasing the overall team speed, but let's make sure we get value for our selections.

I am RAMarkable and I approve of this post....

richtree is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    Needs:
    LT
    OT
    OLB
    CB
    WR
    RB

PLAY MAKERS!!!

You are over complicating things.....WE need a WR that is an athlete...we need a RB that can fly....we need a Linebacker that is a freak athlete and we need someone in the secondary that can crush people with speed...

I have been saying this since last season...we need athletes all over the field.....the good news is that Quinn has fit the bill.....

Just imagine if we had 5 pick in the past years draft we could have went Julio Jones and DeMarco Murray in rounds 1 and 2......so thats what I want for 4 ROUNDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Richbert88 is offline Registered User

After that fiasco of an OL in the '04-'09 seasons, I can understand the desire to just make the OL bullet proof. Thus the high dollar FAs and the high draft picks.

Saffold is not a LT. He might be serviceable as a RT. Jason Smith......well, I didn't notice a big difference yesterday with scrubs in so that speaks volumes. Maybe the run blocking would have been a bit better, but so what. I remember him in his rookieness........his mouth performs better than the rest of his body, and I don't hear his mouth much anymore and his play just isn't funny.

What is needed is some honest to goodness good talent evaluation and coaching for the pigs on the OL.

Lloyd needs to be signed now. Play makers need to be added.

And most importantly to me, Sam needs to get healthy and step up. It's great that SJ is the emotional leader of this team, but Sam needs to own this offense and be the defacto leader on the offense, by action and deed. When you are going for it on 4:1 after failing on 3:1, and the defense has 10 plus men within 3 yards of the LOS, you burn them for that ......... however you gotta do it. I don't care what the sideline play call was, you look, you see, you decide and you act.
    Semper Fi!

Quote Originally Posted by richtree View Post
    You are over complicating things.....WE need a WR that is an athlete...we need a RB that can fly....we need a Linebacker that is a freak athlete and we need someone in the secondary that can crush people with speed...

I have been saying this since last season...we need athletes all over the field.....the good news is that Quinn has fit the bill.....

Just imagine if we had 5 pick in the past years draft we could have went Julio Jones and DeMarco Murray in rounds 1 and 2......so thats what I want for 4 ROUNDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah i want that too, I want great players all over the field... So how do you do that? Make it easy for me? In two years how to you dump all the past regime players and stock the roster with play makers?

By the way we had a WR wide open running free uncovered late in the game Sam could not take advantage of it because he was getting drilled again.

I know O line is not the sexy pick but this game is won in the trenches on both sides of the ball. I watch Brady he has time to go through all his progressions and then throw the ball from a clean pocket.

WE need a WR that is an athlete
    Lloyd was there Sunday is he not a great athlete, makes some great catches.

macrammer is offline Registered User

You guys do understand that in a way, you are saying the very same things that were said with previous regime, save for a few exceptions. Spags got a hall pass his first year, 1-15 due to the "blowing up" of the roster from Zag/Han. Now, we look to be in virtually same spot..... with a horrible record, bottom feeder team that lacks playmakers. This after a "rebuild." And we should keep Spags because........

punahou is offline Registered User

I like this post =)

And whatever happened yesterday in that loss, the bottomline is if we had

SCORED MORE THAN 13 POINTS

there would have been no overtime and no 99 yard punt return.......

Matt Kalil, OT, USC
    Thinking back to the 2011 NFL Draft and OT Tyron Smith, the reason he played right tackle for Southern Cal is because of this guy right here: Matt Kalil. At 6'7" and 295 lbs, Kalil enjoys the height and girth that NFL scouts salivate over when you hear the term "prototypical left tackle." The list of skills he does well heavily outweighs his shortcomings.

Kalil is excellent in run blocking: stays low, great drive blocker, gets his hands in position quickly, hand-punches defensive linemen where he wants them to go. When it comes to playing hard and with a nasty attitude, he brings it every game and every play. As a pass blocker, he moves very well laterally. Quick feet. Can eat up a bull rush with his ability to stay at home, keep his butt behind him and low in order to hold his ground.

Keep Sam Alive In 2012

fearsome foursome is offline Registered User

In the first round I think that we need to take the "Best Player Available" period. Is there really anyplace that we DOMINATE? We are playing pretty good defense but a shut down corner or a beast of a DT would make us good. And a couple of OLB's would make us great. I do not want to replace Spags this year. He has plenty of "reasons"(excuses) why we are not winning. Probably the two main ones to me are loss of CB's and most of all, changing the offense this year. Look at Alex Smith, make him comfortable and he suddenly is winning games. Bradford has not looked comfortable all season. I wish we were still in the WCO but since we are not, please don't change systems again.
    Rambos likes this.

jjigga3000 is offline Registered User

The Rams have had a history an culture of losing. I don't know if there's much the team can do to fix it.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast