Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: With all the uncertainty, there's only one thing I'm certain of...

Dwight Frye is offline Registered User

Re: With all the uncertainty, there's only one thing I'm certain of...

Quote Originally Posted by jjigga3000 View Post
    The Rams have had a history an culture of losing. I don't know if there's much the team can do to fix it.
    Yep. since about '95 or so ....

i do have a couple of ideas on how they can fix things. Still waitin' on Stan to call ....

If a team won their division seven straight times, that would be a NFL record. Now add on that team did it with seven different QB's in seven straight years,that record is unbeatable. To do that feat, you must of had a great Defense. Jack Youngblood was the captain of that defense.

macrammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Frye View Post
    Yep. since about '95 or so ....

i do have a couple of ideas on how they can fix things. Still waitin' on Stan to call ....
    since 1990 actually

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

You mean, except for that whole "going to two Super Bowls and winning one" thing in the late 90s-early 2000s, right?

sosa39rams is online now Registered User

The only player we can take in this draft is Justin Blackmon. We average 10 points a game.. shouldn't that be enough said? Our offensive line is good enough. Dont you think if we could throw a 10 yard slant to a guy to have him take it to the house would help the offensive line? We're BY FAR the slowest team in the NFL, and I may even say in NFL History.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    The only player we can take in this draft is Justin Blackmon. We average 10 points a game.. shouldn't that be enough said? Our offensive line is good enough. Dont you think if we could throw a 10 yard slant to a guy to have him take it to the house would help the offensive line? We're BY FAR the slowest team in the NFL, and I may even say in NFL History.
    Yeah but if you have heart and passion and the desire and the clean background, it can make you run a 4.2 yd dash and instantly a better athlete...

I'm tired of the team's motto of filling this roster with supposedly "clean slate" guys and overachievers. Their ceiling is very low, and no matter how good of guys they are off the field, speed and strength and athleticism wins on the field.

Obviously I'm not warranting we draft a serial killer who preys on 4 year old toddlers, but we need to get people that can make plays fast.

Dwight Frye is offline Registered User

Point was, we NEVER had a 'losing culture' until Carroll was gone. Quite the opposite in fact. Even then, it took Georgia nearly a decade before she brought the house down.

If a team won their division seven straight times, that would be a NFL record. Now add on that team did it with seven different QB's in seven straight years,that record is unbeatable. To do that feat, you must of had a GREAT defense. Jack Youngblood was the captain of that defense.
    If a team won their division seven straight times, that would be a NFL record. Now add on that team did it with seven different QB's in seven straight years,that record is unbeatable. To do that feat, you must of had a great Defense. Jack Youngblood was the captain of that defense.

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    I think its amusing (translation: absurd) that people are declaring that Rodger Saffold is not an NFL LT. He was two months ago! Now, all of a sudden, he's not?

Did you ever consider that maybe, just maybe... a short offseason during which he had a minor back injury while the Rams were installing a new offensive system that was lacking in credible threats at WR until game 7 may have something to do with his downturn in performance?

Nah! Just call him a bust and spend another wad of $$$ on an OT. Because, we all know...good teams all have high draft choices playing OT.

(Note: this is sarcasm font)

The Rams need to work on improving their O line.
    They need to prioritize getting faster and more dangerous.

Certainly agree that we need to get twice as fast, on both sides of the ball, but Spagnuolo is alergic to speed. So as long as he is here, speed will not be a high priority.

Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    Certainly agree that we need to get twice as fast, on both sides of the ball, but Spagnuolo is alergic to speed. So as long as he is here, speed will not be a high priority.
    His priority is bringing in nice guys that won't beat him up in the locker room if he decides to yell at them for mistakes they did because he is a pansy.

richtree is offline Registered User

Look at the Bears tonight....they have a suspect Oline for last 2 years....no the play quick and have Roy Williams Hester, Forte, and Barber.....They made minor Oline additons and they are moving the ball..

Our offensive philosophy stinks.............Change it quickly....

sosa39rams is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by richtree View Post
    Look at the Bears tonight....they have a suspect Oline for last 2 years....no the play quick and have Roy Williams Hester, Forte, and Barber.....They made minor Oline additons and they are moving the ball..

Our offensive philosophy stinks.............Change it quickly....
    The bears have a 7th round 2nd year pro playing LT. They have a converted OG playing C. Another converted OG playing RT and their still getting it done.

Maybe, just maybe, we should stop picking lineman in the top rounds of the draft.

Fastcat is offline Registered User

As far as pass blocking the protection broke down alot, Cutler improvised and moved around..... Why cant sam do the same? He just stands back there like a park bench. Plus they MOVED the pocket on occasion

Quote Originally Posted by Fastcat View Post
    As far as pass blocking the protection broke down alot, Cutler improvised and moved around..... Why cant sam do the same? He just stands back there like a park bench. Plus they MOVED the pocket on occasion
    Good question. He also flinches and goes into the fetal position whenever he feels the pocket collapsing too.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    I would not hate having Blackmon on the Rams but to say he is the only player to take... look at these stats;

From NFL.com

Rams lead the league is sacks given up 31

Rams lead the league is hits given up 68

Rams offense line is number 32 in the league

The O line needs to be address, one way or another...

Bing69 is offline Registered User

I don't think Amendola has ever run one back.
    ------------------------------------------------

I remember Amendola taking a kick off to the house against the vikes in a pre season game....

richtree is offline Registered User

WHY DON'T PEOPLE UNDERSTAND THAT PLAY-MAKERS WILL DECREASE THE AMOUNT OF SACKS THE OFFENSIVE LINE GIVES UP.????????????????

Granted our offensive line needs better coaching and overall depth, but its much better knowing when you do block there is a 22 yard gain instead of a 2 yard gain....

WHEN LINEBACKERS BLITZ IT IS AN OPPORTUNITY TO GAIN A LARGE CHUNK OF YARDAGE WITH A PLAYER-MAKER DOING THE WORK --- WE SIMPLY DON'T HAVE THAT.

Salas was showing a small taste of YAC ability and we thought he was outstanding ., and he is an average playmaker.....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast