throwback week

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: With all the uncertainty, there's only one thing I'm certain of...

Rambos is offline Registered User

Re: With all the uncertainty, there's only one thing I'm certain of...

Quote Originally Posted by richtree View Post
    WHY DON'T PEOPLE UNDERSTAND THAT PLAY-MAKERS WILL DECREASE THE AMOUNT OF SACKS THE OFFENSIVE LINE GIVES UP.????????????????
    This is a true statement but here is my question? We have Lloyd who is a PLAYMAKER how many TD did he have Sunday?

How many gams has our 50 million dollar man missed this year?

Do you think Sam can grow as a QB he is on pace to be sacked 62 TIMES and HIT 136... Do you think he will not miss any games next year?

My point is yeah we need playmakers like DeSean Jackson who was taken in the second round!
    Do playmaker like Blackmon open up running lanes when the game is on the line like last week?

I understand that we need great skill guys and we have two in Sam and SJ, would be nice to protect one and open holes for the other.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    I would not hate having Blackmon on the Rams but to say he is the only player to take... look at these stats;

From NFL.com

Rams lead the league is sacks given up 31

Rams lead the league is hits given up 68

Rams offense line is number 32 in the league

The O line needs to be address, one way or another...
    Nobody disagrees with this. Again, its a question of priorities.

If the Rams have a shot at an elite WR (I think Justin Blackmon qualifies), then they should pull the trigger.

The Rams can bolster their O line with their 2nd or 3rd round pick. There are plenty of teams who have built their O lines in this manner and had great success.

By contrast, the real "freaks" at WR - the guys with great size and speed who scare the bejeezus out of opposing DCs (i.e. Fitzgerald, A.Johnson, C.Johnson) are typically early first round picks.

As richtree noted, everything is connected. If opposing teams have to worry about Justin Blackmon, Brandon Lloyd, a quality slot receiver, a TE (hopefully Kendricks) and Steven Jackson out of the backfield (and maybe a speedy backup RB), they won't be able to devote as many LBs and DBs to their blitz packages. As a result, the O line will be in a better position to protect Bradford.
    thoey likes this.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Nobody disagrees with this. Again, its a question of priorities.

If the Rams have a shot at an elite WR (I think Justin Blackmon qualifies), then they should pull the trigger.

The Rams can bolster their O line with their 2nd or 3rd round pick. There are plenty of teams who have built their O lines in this manner and had great success.

By contrast, the real "freaks" at WR - the guys with great size and speed who scare the bejeezus out of opposing DCs (i.e. Fitzgerald, A.Johnson, C.Johnson) are typically early first round picks.

As richtree noted, everything is connected. If opposing teams have to worry about Justin Blackmon, Brandon Lloyd, a quality slot receiver, a TE (hopefully Kendricks) and Steven Jackson out of the backfield (and maybe a speedy backup RB), they won't be able to devote as many LBs and DBs to their blitz packages. As a result, the O line will be in a better position to protect Bradford.
    I agree with what you have laid out here... but no matter how you slice it Matt Kalil will be high on the Rams board...

It's going to be interesting, as long as we don't miss with the pick and we address the O line in FA or early in the draft I'm good.

Trent Richardson
    Alshon Jeffery
    Dre Kirkpatrick
    Justin Blackmon
    Matt Kalil

If any of these players become a ram and play well we are a better team.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    I agree with what you have laid out here... but no matter how you slice it Matt Kalil will be high on the Rams board...

It's going to be interesting, as long as we don't miss with the pick and we address the O line in FA or early in the draft I'm good.

Trent Richardson
    Alshon Jeffery
    Dre Kirkpatrick
    Justin Blackmon
    Matt Kalil

If any of these players become a ram and play well we are a better team.
    That's why sometimes I think we would be in a huge position to bolster our team if we had the number one pick. Trade that for a king's ransom, and we could possibly get TWO players on that list.

Justin Blackmon AND Trent Richardson?

Fastcat is offline Registered User

Arent you guys tired of picking high round linemans and no playmakers? Geez, if you know football you can see and have seen our linemen are capable but the pass pro scheme is wrong. Screw kalil we need speed and playmakers and ball hawks! Nothing more nothing less

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234