Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RamFan_Til_I_Die is online now Registered User

Alright smart guys, what would you do?

Many of you think you know so much about running a football organization that you think your opinions are absolutely correct and fixing the mess the Rams are in is an easy thing to do. Since you guys are so smart, please share this hidden wisdom with us.

Here's the scenario: You have absolute decision making power to decide all things about the Rams, from who works in the front office, to who coaches what position, who plays what position, what training/practice regimen gets run, what flavor of Gatorade gets drank, everything. So what do you do? Who stays, who goes? And if they go, who takes their place.

No more big talk about this decision stinks, this coach sucks, or whatever. Here's your chance to outline your own plan for the world to see. Put up or shut up.
    Last edited by RamFan_Til_I_Die; -10-03-2007 at 06:50 PM.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: Alright smart guys, what would you do?

Give me:

Linehan's salary
    Access to all player and coach contracts
    Access to all game films
    A direct line to other NFL teams
    A full staff of coaches and scouts

...and I will be happy to answer your questions fully.

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Give me:

Linehan's salary
    Access to all player and coach contracts
    Access to all game films
    A direct line to other NFL teams
    A full staff of coaches and scouts

...and I will be happy to answer your questions fully.
    Wow...what a copout...

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Not a copout at all.

I don't know how to repair a car, but I know when its not functioning correctly.

I can't dance, but I can tell a bad dancer when I see one.

I don't know how to write code, but I know when my computer is broken.

I can give you all sorts of suggestions as to how to fix this team, and I might even hit the mark with some of them. But that is not my job as a fan.

I've been watching football long enough to know a bad HC when I see one, and I see one in St. Louis.

mikhal5569 is offline Registered User

I actually think that the Rams front office has done a pretty good job of building a competitive football team. A tweak here and a little more depth here and I can see this team in the playoffs on a regular basis. Any points of criticism I have made have been valid and justified. But what makes you think that your the almighty deity of who's right and who's wrong? And just how do you plan on proving all of our theories wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by mikhal5569 View Post
    But what makes you think that your the almighty deity of who's right and who's wrong? And just how do you plan on proving all of our theories wrong?
    I don't plan on proving anything right or wrong, all I want is the finger pointers, complainers, and naysayers to do something more than that. Since they are all so intelligent this should be easy for them.

rammiser is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamFan_Til_I_Die View Post
    Many of you think you know so much about running a football organization that you think your opinions are absolutely correct and fixing the mess the Rams are in is an easy thing to do. Since you guys are so smart, please share this hidden wisdom with us.

Here's the scenario: You have absolute decision making power to decide all things about the Rams, from who works in the front office, to who coaches what position, who plays what position, what training/practice regimen gets run, what flavor of Gatorade gets drank, everything. So what do you do? Who stays, who goes? And if they go, who takes their place.

No more big talk about this decision stinks, this coach sucks, or whatever. Here's your chance to outline your own plan for the world to see. Put up or shut up.
    Are you telling me that you like everything just the way it is? You dont think that the coaches or players or front office should be held accountable for anything that has happened? How about this you give us your scenario on what should be done since it seems you dont agree with anyone elses opinions. If this season is all roses for you than you are not watching the same team. Apparantly this entire board was smarter about taking Bulger out than Linehan because he did it but it was a week after this entire board was saying it should be done. So you put up or shut up, I come her to voice my opinions, may they be disgruntled or not I am a fan of the Rams and always will be. I have opinions like everyone else who comes here and I share them. So I dont think I can run an NFL squad but obviousley I knew that yanking Bulger was the right thing to do.
    Just Fix It

letsgoramz is offline Registered User

Our main problem is we have NO one on this coaching staff that knows how to run a high powered offense so I would say just get someone who knos how to linehan and olsen only know how to run conservative offenses and this rams team isn't one of them I thought they could tell thay by looking
    Torry Holt Dont play that

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by letsgoramz View Post
    Our main problem is we have NO one on this coaching staff that knows how to run a high powered offense so I would say just get someone who knos how to linehan and olsen only know how to run conservative offenses and this rams team isn't one of them I thought they could tell thay by looking
    So the NFL's 6th ranked offense last year ran itself and guided Bulger and Jackson to Pro Bowl seasons, despite an OL with continuity issues?

jquarando is offline Registered User

If i had total control i would invest a lot money in a guy who can evaluate talent. Me and my talent guru would take our first day of the draft and get us a pass rushing DE with our first pick. This draft is full of high caliber tackles so i would trade pisa and a second round pick to get me one of those later in the first round. 3rd pick would be a wideout,preferable tall and fast, then i would get a middle linebacker. The rest of the draft i would worry about the gatorade decision. I would prolly go with orange cause its my personel favorite. As for the talent we already have I think we have some great players. I would reshuffle some alignments in the secondary moving bartell to ss putting wade in as my nickel back. I would put will in at wlb, stick with chillar at ssb and go for someone in free agency to play the middle. I would invest some money in a fullback that can plow some holes. I will rely heavily on my talent guru to find this diamond on the second day. I will definitly get rid of some of our te's in an effort to dress more wideouts. Im going to dress 7 wideouts a game, holt,bruce, hall, hagans,stanley,bennet, and my 3rd round pick. Me and my new OC would run 3 receiver sets and would use the pass to open up the running game. I would also bring back our 5 receiver sets and turn the game into a track meet. On defense, im going to run a lot of corner and safety blitzs all dang game. Some plays i would give crazy looks and use only 2 down linemen putting lots of speed on the field cause hopefully we will be up by a couple touchdowns. I will aslo petition that domino's brings back touchdown mondays cause after all this typing i really want a cheap pizza.

norcalramfan is offline Registered User

For those of you crying for for that high octane offense we used to have, remember this my friends, that one as good as we were, that offense was very hard on quarterbacks, high octane means high risk. and it was all based on timing routes. While i am not happy about this season i see improvement in the defense but it is hard to be consistant when half of youre O-line is down with injuries and our special teams are still in a funk. It will be interesting to see what happens to our team and how they deal with this adversity. It is always easy to say fire this guy or get rid of that one. To quote someone famous" Rome was not built in a day" and neither will this team . the Key to this team is are they buying into linehans philosophy? Only the players know for sure. So i will root for them every week like i have for forty years now . they will get better!

Quote Originally Posted by rammiser View Post
    Are you telling me that you like everything just the way it is?
    No actually I hate it...going 0-4 is depressing.

You dont think that the coaches or players or front office should be held accountable for anything that has happened?
    They are all held accoutable. Traditionally the head coach is the one that takes the fall for a team's poor performance, since they are the most public person in charge. Am I 100% happy with Linehan, Olson, Haslett and the rest? Not even close, but with all the O-line injuries I honestly don't know who could come in and rescue us from this mess and get results any better than Linehan has.

How about this you give us your scenario on what should be done since it seems you dont agree with anyone elses opinions. If this season is all roses for you than you are not watching the same team.
    It's far from all roses for me...it's more like the sinking Titanic.

I've never been one to point out all the problems without offering solutions. If you noticed I've been pretty quiet about Linehan and the rest of the staff, because honestly I'm not sure what to do at this point in the season.

Apparantly this entire board was smarter about taking Bulger out than Linehan because he did it but it was a week after this entire board was saying it should be done. So you put up or shut up, I come her to voice my opinions, may they be disgruntled or not I am a fan of the Rams and always will be. I have opinions like everyone else who comes here and I share them. So I dont think I can run an NFL squad but obviousley I knew that yanking Bulger was the right thing to do.
    Everyone has a right to their opinions, never said they didn't. I just thought maybe instead of just complaining, people could funnel that energy and come up with some ideas for what exactly we could do to try and right the ship.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

S.L.A.P here.

I'm going to tell everyone my plan for this game coming up against the Tards. It's one game at time for me.

The Offensive Plan:
    Dink & Dunk that's right DINK & DUNK! Look we're going with a backup QB, backup RB, a weak o-line, A slot receiver and tightend that seem dazed and confused. Holt and Bruce are both hurting, I don't care what anyone says these 2 guys are not 100%.
    So we're going with the safest most boring mistake free offense we can. I'm going with Hagans in the slot from time to time (Bennett can study his playbook on the sideline) to stretch the field and keep the Tards guessing. Gus, no excuses don't lose this game for us. Hey, if the Tards start cheating in we will take a shot if the situation is right. Screen passes, Slant passes out of the backfield. North/South football none of those east/west passes to the wideouts. Grind it out ball control offense. Our o-line needs to cop an attitude and what better way than running the ball.

The Defensive Plan:
    Shake, rattle and BLITZ! I'm blitzing alot. Pass blitzing, run blitzing you name it. We can't rely on our front four for pressure. We have to send 5 maybe 6 sometimes. The defense has to control this game. Leinart is a wuss and Warner will panic and take chances rather than take a sack. As much as I love Warner we all know he's prone to fumbling the ball. Pressure Pressure Pressure. It's a big gamble with all the blitzs but dropping into coverage is a slow death. I'm rotating guys in and out Blitzing some more.
    If a guy has a RAMS uniform on and is on the defensive squad he's going to see the field. We need to be fired up on defense and what better way to fire these guys up than to release the dogs after the rabbit.

There you have it. It may not work but it won't be without trying!!!

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

So I dont think I can run an NFL squad but obviousley I knew that yanking Bulger was the right thing to do.
    1st point:
    I know I don't know how to run an NFL squad. Give me the RAMS and I'll die trying.

2nd point:
    It's easy to say yanking Bulger was the right thing to do now. What happens if Gus Frerotte gets sacked 6 or 7 times throws 2 or 3 picks, Jeff Wilkins continues to miss field goals? Drew Bennett keeps playing like he's lost? and we get smoked again?

Then what? Blame Linehan for trading Fitz?

S.L.A.P. here.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Here is my take on the Rams

Two years ago I bought the “stock” due to the core of the players we had. Holt, Bruce, Jackson and Marc to name a few. Last year I bought more as the stock looked too rise as we added D Hall. J. Hall, AC, Hill, Draft, Spoon to name a few.

Sometimes in business as in life best-laid plans sometimes face unforeseen setbacks. In this case injures and more injures have set us back. That being said, when a solid stock has a set back but still has good fundamentals. I see it as an opportunity to cost average, buy more stock at a better price if I liked the Rams at $400 per share I like they even more at $350. I still like the core of this team and I will like it even better next year, when we are healthy and have added some of the top talent from the draft, talent that we should have never been able to add if it weren’t for the injuries.

I would play the young guys as much as I could, B.L, Wade, AC, and Ryan to name a few. Let these kids take advantage of the current situation. Ryan is already a nice surprise this year. Rest the wounded give them more then enough time to get healthy.

I’m not saying don’t play hard or try to win every game, but play the guys that are healthy if you can find some.
    Last edited by Rambos; -10-03-2007 at 09:12 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast