Thread: Alston?

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Alston?

Does anyone know what's going on with Jon Alston? He was good enough to be a first day pick last year and the last I heard was that he didn't get much playing time last year because they didn't know what to do with him, being fast enough to be a safety and strong enough to be a linebacker, which is where I believe he played in college. I'd imagine he has tremendous upside and just needs to find a place to play.

TheBritishRam is offline Registered User

Re: Alston?

Alston didn't play last year as he missed most of the offseason mini-camps which was because of his college semester dates, same thing happened to atogwe and look how much more playing time he got in his second year than his rookie year. I expect alston to show the same improvement and have more playing time possibly in the "buck-end" postion

39thebeast is offline Registered User

i would like to see him study under Cory Chavous because that is one of the top positions of need and i think he could learn alot. He has great size at SS unlike lb were his size sucks. He has great speed and under Chavous i think his coverage ability will improve

Country is offline Registered User

It would be a huge boost to the Rams defense if Alston got reps at LB and SS. It would be fantastic if he could eventually take over for Cahvous at SS full time removing a serious need for next year.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

It's my understanding that currently he is 2nd on the Depth Chart at WILL behind Pisa. To be honest that is fine with me. The only way he makes the permanent move to SS would be if we are convinced Atogwe is the centerfielder of the future.

The LB-to-SS move can be done and work well IF there's a ballhawk FS with his head on straight. One of the reasons Arch did so well before the back injury was because he had Aeneas playing centerfield behind him.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod