Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By AvengerRam
  • 1 Post By AvengerRam

Thread: In the alternate universe where the Rams won their first preseason game 42-0...

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

In the alternate universe where the Rams won their first preseason game 42-0...

Alternate-me still does not care because it was only a preseason game.

citr92 likes this.

DE_Ramfan is offline Registered User

Re: In the alternate universe where the Rams won their first preseason game 42-0...

But alternate Spagnuolo is very excited for his meaningless victory.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: In the alternate universe where the Rams won their first preseason game 42-0...

... and the Rams' uniform looks like this:

lordwhttgr likes this.

jjigga3000 is offline Registered User

The alternate me does care because they look great in that blow out.

citr92 is offline Registered User

detroit went 4-0 in the preseason once...remember what happened the next 16 games?

and those uniforms make me wa-*BLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERGH*

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by jjigga3000 View Post
    The alternate me does care because they look great in that blow out.
    Yea, but 21 starters were injured.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Ram Dragoon is offline Registered User

I seem to recall another team going 4-0 in preseason in 2011 and finishing 2-14, in the regular season--does that team strike a bell? So far a lot of super bowl contenders haven't done particularly well with the start of this preseason, nor did most of the "elite" QBs do really well either game one. Now if this had been game one of the regular season and the Rams lost to the Cards, I'd be one of the loudest calling for Fisher's head

general counsel is offline Registered User

The alternative universe that i am interested in is the one where neither Saffold (nor anyone else) gets hurt. While i think many people are over reacting to what they saw on the field, i also think a number of people are not as concerned as they should be about the injury to saffold.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Rambos is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    The alternative universe that i am interested in is the one where neither Saffold (nor anyone else) gets hurt. While i think many people are over reacting to what they saw on the field, i also think a number of people are not as concerned as they should be about the injury to saffold.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    I guess knowing that he will only miss two preseason games and not likely to miss the opener helps. It might be a good think to get Barksdale some work with the ones. Saffold always gets hurt, I kind of am expecting more of the same to be honest. I look at him as a stop gap player for the Rams, If he stays healthy and plays well, I see the Rams doing him like they did DA. Unwilling to commit big money long term.

Saffold only had two snaps Friday and Barkesdale stepped in and played well. He has been working all off season spent time with Jackie Slater, hopefully it has paid off. If he looks bad in the next two games I will get nervous we have little behind him.

general counsel is offline Registered User

Fair point Rambos. Saffold has no recent history of being able to stay on the field. I am open minded about Barksdale, but the issue for me is really lack of depth. Our offensive line is old, coming off injuries, and in my view, not deep at all. Thus, every injury is magnified. I agree that Saffold is not likely to be a long term answer at right tackle, but let's also keep in mind that if Jake Long gets hurt Saffold is the fill in guy on the left side and Jake Long hasnt exactly been a model of health himself of late. I really hope that we find some veteran help on the o line on the free agent wire, but am not particularly optimistic.

Bottom line, in my alternative universe, we make it through week one with no injuries, and its my greatest hope in preseason that we survive with as few injuries as absolutely possible so that we make it to week one in the best possible physical shape. I repeat my mantra that you cant win a thing in pre season, but you can sure lose plenty if you get bit by the injury bug, especially with key players at key positions.

ramming speed to all

general counsel