RamWraith is offline Registered User

Am I the only one??

That likes the moves the Rams just made??

1) Gordon is a restricted free agent next season and I don't think we would have pursued him too much, because I believe someone would have offered a unmatchable offer. Our future is in Jackson, we can't keep a high priced back-up. It is unlikely we could have got a lot out of Gordon this year unless we loss two backs. Odds?

2) As much as I am not a Sehorn fan and think he is over-rated, what were our other options? We got someone that knows our defense, can play both positions in our defense, knows the players and for once in 4 years is healthy. We needed some depth at that position bad!

The only thing left is to find some depth at line.

tanus is offline Registered User

Re: Am I the only one??

i like the gordon trade and believe it is fair for everyone involved.

i dont really know about the sehorn signing. as long as he isnt slated to start it should be fine though. it will be interesting to see if aeneas moves back to corner now.

RealRam is offline Registered User

As for LG, I am disappointed. I expressed in another thread that I really thought Lamar Gordon would be our RB depth, and I now believe this would have been true in theory as well as in practice.

...Nonetheless, Arlen Harris is a fine, dedicated and, eager player.

Jason Sehorn? Good to have as a bench veteran. Hopefully his bones and frame are in strong health.

I hear that! Here to hoping we don't need him! :-) But glad we have him

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge Valdivia
    ason Sehorn? Good to have as a bench veteran. Hopefully his bones and frame are in strong health.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

I like it. Gordon's had some injury problems, and not just ones related to his ankle that was surgically fixed. He's shown rare flashes but has had some fumbling problems and hasn't picked up the protection that well. I'm glad we got another draft pick to address concerns on our O-line and secondary.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

As far depth at HB, Jackson is going to be a stud and this will keep Faulk healthy. Harris will be a good plug in and can pound the ball up the middle wich is what this team needs.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

coy bacon is offline Registered User

I think the Gordon deal was ok. He didn't pan out, despite the excuses, so we got a 3rd. Let's hope the dolphins tank.

adarian_too is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by coy bacon
    Let's hope the dolphins tank.
    Or is it Chicago? Which 3rd rounder is it? The one Miami got from Chicago for Ogunleye or the one Miami already had?

Which reminds me that that I think a deal with Miami should have been struck to get Agunleye-however-you-spell-his-name. Clearly Gordon was on Miami's radar.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by adarian_too
    Or is it Chicago? Which 3rd rounder is it? The one Miami got from Chicago for Ogunleye or the one Miami already had?
    We got Miami's own third round pick, not the pick they acquired from Chicago.

Quote Originally Posted by adarian_too
    Which reminds me that that I think a deal with Miami should have been struck to get Agunleye-however-you-spell-his-name. Clearly Gordon was on Miami's radar.
    Interesting point. I think we should be worried about signing Pace first rather than making a trade and trying to sign another high-priced player, further inhibiting our ability to sign the Big O. I view Big O's long term contract as more important than acquiring another DE and signing him long term.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

I think you hit the nail on the head. You probally can thank and mark this under another Pace/Poston mess. If we hadn't been in La-La Land with his fat contract we might have been able to work something for a damn good D-End

Quote Originally Posted by NickSeiler
    Interesting point. I think we should be worried about signing Pace first rather than making a trade and trying to sign another high-priced player, further inhibiting our ability to sign the Big O. I view Big O's long term contract as more important than acquiring another DE and signing him long term.

sprtsmac is offline Registered User

I liked the Gordon trade; its good for both parties. I feel Gordon deserves a shot and he's not going to get that with Faulk and Jackson. Now we have an extra 3rd pick which we can always use. As far as Sehorn, I was not too thrilled; even though people have made reasonable arguements in this thread for the signing. But it doesn't matter since he failed his physical.
    Sprtsmac :football:

RamTime Guest

The short answer is is no. No you are not alone. Something had to give in the RB department. I think the Rams dealt with a team in dire straights of a good running back. although we didn't break the bank on this deal, I think given the time frame and the team we dealt with, it was probably the best we could do. Who knows how Gordon will do in Miami? It may be that a year or two down the road it will look like a steal by Miami but what are the Rams suppose to do? If Gordon becomes an elite back in this league matters not because the rams had to roll the dice on this one and who in good faith could question this deal now or down the road? If Gordon works out then Miami will look like the fair haired deal maker and I am sure themedia will forget about the Rams depth at the position when they vault the deal into the stratosphere of one of the best steals ever. However we will remember the situation which is also the truth of the matter.

AugustaRamFan is offline Registered User

Well, one out of two is not too bad.

The Lamar deal was winner and I am glad to see JS not on the field. The Rams pd him a cool million last year for below average play.