Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dr. Defense is offline Registered User

Am I the only torn person here?

I love this team. But realistically I don't think that we're going to go anywhere this year. I think that even if we do make the playoffs we'll get knocked off soon into it.

So I'm torn because I want the Rams to keep winning. On the other hand I want us to lose so that we can move up in the draft. Am I the only person who is torn?

rams8821 is offline Registered User

Re: Am I the only torn person here?

No way man. I NEVER root for the Rams to lose. Remember the Steelers last year. They were the 6 seed. Any given Sunday....
    Rams Fan For Life:clanram: :clanram:

RamWraith is offline Registered User

and then remember the Steelers this year. ISH!!!

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

you always want to win, if you dont and then you end up with a good pick,fine,but winning is the top priority,a wise man once said "If winning wasn't everything then why the hell do they keep score".

Rambos is offline Registered User

If we keep losing a higher pick won't fix it.

BigGameMN is offline Registered User

This is a debate that has been around forever and will stay around. One thing that really fuels the argument is what happened with the San Antonio Spurs. David Robinson got hurt and missed the whole year, the Spurs were terrible and got the #1 pick, and they drafted Tim Duncan. They have won 3 championships since then. That makes for a pretty convincing argument.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

There is no way I would ever "want" the Rams to lose, under any circumstances. Never. It goes against everything I believe and is not part of my nature. But hey, that's just me.

bigredman is offline Registered User

Yep...I brought this up four weeks ago. Do I want the Rams to lose on purpose or do I root for them to lose? NO. If they were to lose the rest of their games, would I be disappointed? NO. I know that sound contradictive, but I don't believe we have the talent on this team to go through the playoffs like the Steelers did last year. So if we can't realistically get to the Super Bowl, then I would rather we get a high draft pick by losing the rest of our games than winning just enough to be middle of the pack again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rammiser is offline Registered User

The draft wont fix our problems anyway, we will have more success signing free agents in the offseason rather than drafting higher. So I always root for the Rams to win. The draft is a crap shoot, you can get proven veterans in the free agent market.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Am I the only torn person here?-1ramsd.jpg  
    Just Fix It

nuclearman is offline Registered User

Some of the all time great players were never top ten draft picks... so.. great players can be found at selection #32...

Winning isn't everything...it's the only thing!!!

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

:imho: Winning at all costs is all that matters. Let the chips fall where they may.:r

OldRamsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rammiser View Post
    The draft wont fix our problems anyway, we will have more success signing free agents in the offseason rather than drafting higher. So I always root for the Rams to win. The draft is a crap shoot, you can get proven veterans in the free agent market.

I believe that 100% , We have a lot of young players who will do well as they go on ... As far as Losing I don't can't bring myself to ever think about that any game we play we go in knowing we have a chance to win , Like the post to get others opinion ...

RamsDynasty is offline Registered User

The Draftnick in me likes the higher picks, makes it easier to predict and you get more 'name" players BUT you never ever want to lose at any cost. Losing is a disease that once it becomes common place in an organization becomes near impossible to cure short of blowing up the entire team (ala the Rams in the 90's) You can have high draft picks and even have good ones (ie the Arizona Cardinals) and numerous head coaches and still not be able to shake that mindset. So win and win all you can it builds character that will serve the Rams better than picking two spots higher. I loved the Cowboys win last year and it served the Rams better than picking higher in the draft besides if there is a player that would be perfect for us that is slated off the board 2 or 3 picks above where we are drafting I would hope our front office would be competent enough to pull off a trade up.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by rammiser View Post
    The draft wont fix our problems anyway
    All of them? No. But it certainly has a chance to help the situation like any good free agent acquisition would.

I'm not saying you play to lose, but a higher draft pick has a much better chance of helping us fix our problems if only because we have a wider pool of prospects to choose from.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

rammiser is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    All of them? No. But it certainly has a chance to help the situation like any good free agent acquisition would.

I'm not saying you play to lose, but a higher draft pick has a much better chance of helping us fix our problems if only because we have a wider pool of prospects to choose from.
    I respectfully disagree, a draft pick almost never comes in and contributes in year 1. As opposed to say a good free agent dt and a good free agent corner or linebacker i.e Witherspoon. How many of this years rookies are making an Impact on this team that a veteran that was a free agent at that position couldnt have made or even done far better? The draft could fix problems down the line, but next year highly unlikely. I'm not saying the draft doesnt help I'm just saying if you want immediate results you go strong in free agency and get good quality PROVEN players.
    Just Fix It

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast