Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Amazing!!

RamTime Guest

Re: Amazing!!

Ramwraith, I am calling a truce. I apologize for getting personal. It's not constructive. Let me just say that I live in 49er country and when discussing the Rams with 49er fans my persona is much like yours is on this board. That is I find myself mostly defending the Rams however sometimes but not very often I can talk about issues that concern me with 49er fans. Depending upon the arrogance of the current 49er diseur I set my parameters of defending the Rams. When I am amongst Rams fans such as on this board I feel I can state my concerns without the backlash. It's kind of like My family can talk about my kid brother but no one else can. So when I am amongst Rams fans I feel like I can talk about issues that I would not discuss in mixed company (if you will.). I only ask that you give some thought before you conclude that negative talk about the Rams is a form of treason. I don't question your loyalty or anyone else’s loyalty on this board because if there were any question then that person wouldn't be here. In the other thread I really did try to curb this from happening when I stated things such as:
    · This is bound to rub some people the wrong way however that is not my intention. This is what is in my head regarding the rams and I cannot shake it so I decided to share it.
    · I realize that many of you still hold the illusion that Mike Martz is going to take us to the promise land. That is a good thing because we need believers. I think I understand and appreciate why you refuse to shed the blinders.
    · I pray that there is something I am missing and that I am just a stupid arm chair quarterback that doesn’t know his grass from a hole in the turf
    · In the 1990’s I was able to believe year after year that things were going to be different and not as common sense suggested. I mean unless the Rams were mathematically eliminated I continued to hope and believe. So I will go and dig those old blinders out again and happily join you all.

Sure there are more delicate ways to express my concerns however as stated I feel comfortable speaking openly amongst Rams fans. Certainly some of the negative is overstated however instead of looking at it as treason, try to look at it as a signal that those particular issues are most concerning. Example:
    “It would take all of the gifts, all of the luck and all of the bounces going the Rams way to enter the playoffs this season. Once in the playoffs only a similar concentration of good fortune would propel this team into the Superbowl.”

Obviously this is overstated however I do feel that the Rams cannot play turnover prone football again this season and expect to be in the playoffs.

As far as Ramsworld:
    I opened up Ramsworld because after lobbying the Rams for 1 ˝ years to open a chat room on the official site, conversing with their webmaster and sending in hundreds of signatures from Rams fans who wanted a 24 hour chat room (There was none at the time.) I decided to do it myself. It was a huge success and soon others followed opening very nice 24-hour chat rooms for Rams fans. Almost everything I did at Ramsworld was a first. I never got really thrilled about having the same content as many other Rams sites so I almost exclusively tried to do what hadn’t been done yet. Things such as:
    · The first Rams all time roster
    · The first Rams all time season results
    · The first year-by-year complete history of the Rams.
    · The first Rams news only Robot.
    · The first play-by-play audio presentation of every game played that season so one could hear every play called and the outcome of that play. The entire game in about 20 minutes.
    · EVERY RAMS ALL PRO
    · EVERY RAM PLAYER
    · EVERY RAMS PLAYOFF GAME
    · EVERY RAMS COACH
    · EVERY RAMS GAME
    · EVERY RAMS #1 DRAFT PICK
    · EVERY RAMS POINT
    · EVERY RAMS WIN
    · EVERY RAMS TIE
    · EVERY RAMS OWNER
    · EVERY RAMS 9R GAME
    · EVERY RAM 9R PRE EASON GAME
    · EVERY RAMS SEASON SUMMARIZED
    · EVERY RAMS GENERAL MANAGER

Other web sites followed and before long were doing the same things that I had started with Ramsworld. Many times they did a better job with it and before long several web sites had the same data as ramsworld so I would look for something new, something that had not been done yet.

Remember, Ramsworld started as stlouisrams.net and for the sole purpose of a 24-hour chat room. Tony Banks was the Rams quarterback when I wanted a chat room so even then I was looking for a place to vent, a place where Rams fans could go and be amongst family.

I have turned all my attention back to stlouisrams.net simply because ramsworld is obsolete and I am out of ideas that would be a first on the WWW.
    I won’t say what is contained in Stlouisrams.net, you will have to wait until it is complete but rest assured I am busy with a Rams web site.

I hope this clears some things up.

Again, my apologies to you.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

If I may.....

It's preseason. I don't tend to get too excited or too upset about how the team looks against another team. It's not a proper way of evaluation. Here's why.

1. Football is an emotional draining sport. To be able to get up for 16 regular season games, then the playoffs and Super Bowl if you keep winning is hard enough. No way do this guys get pumped knowing that they are going to be playing a half or less.

2. Most teams don't scheme against the other team in preseason. The Titans did to the Rams in 2000 and the Chiefs did it this year. What did it prove? Not much.

3. Preseason is about evaluating talent on the second and third levels and getting your special teams in order. The starters, they are just shaking off the rust and hope they don't get injured.

Just take it easy right now everyone. If the Rams play horribly in the regular season, rip them then. I do.

RamWraith is offline Registered User

I never knew we were at war RT that we need to call a truce :-)

I thank you for the apology. I also very much respect and appreciate your opinion around here and always have and never meant this as an attack on you or your opinion, just a different side.

I live in an area that has a passion for football. You all are the ONLY other Ram fans I know. I listen to and have to defend my Rams on a daily basis with the Packer/Viking fans that are my friends. And even to the idiots that I don't know that feel the need to get a dig in because I am wearing a Bruce jersey. To have to come to the site among fellow fans and friends and to listen to the same thing gets really frustrating. I can bite my tongue for only so long and I feel I have to defend the team (which in my mind is Martz).

Like Avenger said, you are not going to change the optimistic people as we are not going to change the pessimistic people, but sometimes I too would like to be herd as a poster too. I hope people can understand and appreciate where I am coming from.

Sorry RT that this got to be personal. The sad thing is that I agree with a lot of what you are saying, and I know that our team has many faults, including Martz. I just don't like people always pointing them out ;-)
    Hope this clears the air and we now can move on to the regular season in a better place.

P.S.--This thread was originally meant about the media people. When I did post it was late on Saturday, full 24 hours after the game and there was only a couple of articles posted from any of our local news sources. I really found that disturbing and was trying to call them on it. This post I think turned something ugly towards RT and it was not meant that way.

Reborn Guest

Bah. RT who asked you to be nice? No more of this truce crap. If you be nice then he will be nice then everybody will be nice. It will be total non anarchy AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh run for the mountains. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Reborn

RamTime Guest

Reborn: You are definitely an interesting poster. I am pretty sure I am going to like having you around here. One thing baffles me though; you inferred that a moderator was trying to get you banned. I don't remember that happening however I was a late comer when they packed up, got on the bus and drove here to clanram from RamsNation. (I had to hitch hike) Did I miss something? Anyway I am glad to make your acquaintance. You seem to be a shoot from the hip kind of poster, I like that.

RamWraith: Your reasoning behind your defending everything negative on this board is valid. Obviously we both live in unfriendly territories and we both have to put up with the same types of razzing and/or arrogance from other team fans. What is interesting is how differently we use this board as our escape from that. I must say that your reasoning is every bit as valid as I feel mine is and quite frankly I never have thought of it in that respect. This gives me something to consider from this point forth. Does anyone else that has been referred to as a yes man or ridiculously optimistic or any variation thereof have anything to add to RamWraith’s explanation or does this sum up it up for you? Avenger? TX? Anyone?

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Well, I wouldn't necessarily consider myself a yes man....but I'm also not a chicken little the sky is falling man either. I tend to look at it the way it is.....that our offense is always going to be productive no matter what as long as Martz is here. Also, with the way the scale of salaries was constructed I always knew that we would die by the offense due to not having the finances to go after key FA defensive players. We could light up every scoreboard in the NFL, but if we don't stop the run that just makes the offenses margin of error that much more reduced. To me, that's why the interception Warner threw to Ty Law so devasting to me. Not slamming Warner please, just proving a point. That the margin of error offensively for the Rams is always going to be a very thin line. No matter who is behind the center, running the ball, protecting the QB, opening holes for the running game, catching the ball, anything offensively.

To come on boards and slam everything the Rams do during preseason to me is unrealistic. You can't evaluate this team right now. As a team. The way the Rams have historically viewed preseason is shaking rust of the #1's and evaluating everyone else. Martz dosen't install the complex blocking schemes in preseason due to he dosen't want to tip his hand. You won't see the pass patterns of five yards or more by Faulk. You won't see the complex crossing patterns that make defensive secondaries nervous. I'm glad of that.

When the Rams started off 0-5 a few years ago, no one was more critical of this team than I was. Late in the year last year, I sounded off about how my defense had become soft. Just because some of us don't slam Martz on a daily basis, call Bulger names on a daily basis, or call DLew a bust on a daily basis dosen't necessarily call us yes men. Maybe we are just waiting for when it counts to give our view of the team.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

I find this iteration of this debate to be contrived.

Reborn Guest

Contrive this buddy :tongue:

RT... You need to read more posts my old friend. Most posters seem to think they know who I am. And since I will not openly admit to such hogwash as of yet. I will venture to say it is a very fair ASSumption.

Remember, trust no one.

Reborn

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Whatever you say, Lazarfish.

afrightertoo is offline Registered User

Are you guys still at this? Excuse me while I go gate crash some other thread ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12