Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Rambos
  • 1 Post By Azul e Oro

Thread: Amendola Has Chance To Play

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Amendola Has Chance To Play

Amendola has chance to play

13 hours ago • By Kathleen Nelson

Wide receiver Danny Amendola again was limited in practice Friday, and his participation against the Bills in Buffalo on Sunday will be a game-time decision.

“He was a little better than he was yesterday,” coach Jeff Fisher said.

Amendola suffered an injury to his foot and heel Nov. 18 against the Jets. He played in the first half the following week against the Cardinals but missed last week’s victory over San Francisco.

“I had a good week relative to the injury,” Amendola said, adding that he felt better this week than he did before the Cardinals game.

Despite playing only six full games and portions of two others games and being sidelined by shoulder and foot injuries, Amendola leads the team in receptions, 51, and receiving yards, 576.

He and linebacker Mario Haggan were listed as questionable on Friday’s injury report. Haggan’s elbow injury initially was feared to be season-ending.

“It’s feeling pretty good. I’m trying to get back and hopefully I’ll get an opportunity to get out there,” Haggan said. “I don’t know because I haven’t had real contact, but hopefully it’ll be good enough to go out.”

NO KICKOFFS?

As a member of the NFL’s competition committee, Fisher expects to hear more in the offseason about the idea of eliminating kickoffs. A story published in Time magazine this week included comments from Commissioner Roger Goodell on the possibility of replacing the kickoff after a score with a play from the scoring team’s 30-yard line, combined with a setup of fourth and 15. The options would be to punt or go for a first down. Two years ago, the league moved the kickoff to the 35-yard line from the 30.

“His focus is on player safety. I’m sure it will be something that will be addressed once the committee gets together in February,” Fisher said.

Fisher called the kickoff “an exciting part of the game, but it is – from an injury standpoint – the injury rate per play is highest on the kickoff.”

THE LONG AND SHORT OF IT

The most earth-shaking development Friday concerned Fisher’s pants, which touched the ground for the first time in a practice session with the Rams.

“Actually, I’m overdressed,” he said.

Fisher said he had a soft deadline of Dec. 1 to ditch shorts in favor of sweats or longer workout wear for practices, a holdover from his days as a defensive back with the Chicago Bears.

“We used to not wear a whole lot in Chicago,” he said. “We didn’t have an indoor facility. We used to walk down the neighborhood and have practice in a little park in the snow.”

RAM-BLINGS

Tight end Mike McNeill (thigh) did not practice and was listed as out. Center Scott Wells (knee) and running back Steve Jackson (foot) were probable. … Center Tim Barnes returned to practice. He was excused Thursday to attend the birth of his daughter, Madeline. … The Bills listed starting defensive end Mark Anderson (knee) and starting center Eric Wood (knee) as out. … ***** linebacker NaVorro Bowman was fined $10,000 for unnecessary roughness for kicking Harvey Dahl on the second play of the Rams’ 16-13 victory. Safety Deshon Goldson was fined $7,875 for roughing the passer in the fourth quarter.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Re: Amendola Has Chance To Play

I can't believe Quinn was not fined for his late and brutal hit on Kap.
    RealRam and lostsoul like this.

Azul e Oro is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    I can't believe Quinn was not fined for his late and brutal hit on Kap.
    Seriously. The shoulder barge, like the headslap or horsecollar, is one of the most dangerous techniques in football. There is no place for such medieval brutality in the modern game.
    lostsoul likes this.

gap
    gap is online now Registered User

***** linebacker NaVorro Bowman was fined $10,000 for unnecessary roughness for kicking arvey Dahl on the second play of the Rams’ 16-13 victory.
    And how much was the official fined for not ejecting him? Intentionally kicking another player is an automatic ejection - unless of course you're a RAMS opponent, and you kick a RAMS player.

gap

RealRam is offline Registered User

Anyone know what kind of foot injury Danny has? Ankle, sprain, turf toe, etc.

citr92 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RealRam View Post
    Anyone know what kind of foot injury Danny has? Ankle, sprain, turf toe, etc.

when he hurt himself, it looked like his heel/Achilles area

Azul e Oro is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by citr92 View Post
    when he hurt himself, it looked like his heel/Achilles area
    I seem to remember a player casually kicking him as he got up as well, already favoring the foot. Looked deliberate to me.