Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By ramsanddodgers
  • 1 Post By citr92

Thread: Amendola Injury May Have Been Life threatening

letsgoramz is offline Registered User

Exclamation Amendola Injury May Have Been Life threatening

just heard on NFL fox Pre-game show that Amendolas injury was Life threatening due to the fact that his bone popped inward rather than out . . and this is an injury that has NEVER been seen before in the NFL

Torry Holt Dont play that

ramsanddodgers is online now Registered User

re: Amendola Injury May Have Been Life threatening

Yea, I heard Jay Glazer report that, also.

It is not life threatening at this time as the clavicle has been returned to it's normal location. That and they had to put him under while repositioning the clavicle...

I'm glad he made it through and look forward to his getting back on the field.
    ManofGod likes this.
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

Having broken mine about 4 times I don't like this at all. Hopefully his comes out stronger than mine. I broke the same one every time. Seemed like it was easier to do each time.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Rams' Danny Amendola fortunate injury wasn't more serious
    Game On! Nate Davis, USA TODAY Sports
    1:19PM EST October 7, 2012

The St. Louis Rams lost WR Danny Amendola to a clavicle injury in Thursday night's 17-3 win over the Arizona Cardinals.

But apparently Amendola is fortunate that the injury wasn't far more serious.

Per Fox's Jay Glazer, Amendola's collarbone dislocated inward, a rare injury. Had it popped in too far, his windpipe and aorta could have been jeopardized and left him with a potentially life-threatening injury. Glazer, who talked about the incident on Fox's pre-game show, also tweeted: "Rams called around league to find a case study of it happening to another NFL player but couldn't find one" and ended up sedating Amendola before treating him.

A camera crew at the Edward Jones Dome caught Amendola throwing his helmet in frustration inside the bowels of the stadium as he was led to the locker room.

Coach Jeff Fisher has not yet provided any public insight to Amendola's injury, but QB Sam Bradford's favorite target is expected to miss up to two months.
    Wow. Hope everything goes well in terms of recuperation quality and time.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

" FOX's Jay Glazer reports Danny Amendola's dislocated clavicle could have been life-threatening, and that the Rams do not have a firm timetable for his return.Yes, life-threatening. Amendola's clavicle popped in instead of out, coming dangerously close to his aorta and trachea. Amendola had to be sedated by the Rams doctors so they could pop his clavicle back in and assure it would not "dislodge" again. Per Glazer, the Rams don't have a concrete timeline for Amendola's return because it is an extremely uncommon, perhaps unprecedented, NFL injury. It still appears Amendola will play football again in 2012, however.
    "
    - Rotoworld

THE DREAM TEAM

mcpeepants232003 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sjacksonrules View Post
    Having broken mine about 4 times I don't like this at all. Hopefully his comes out stronger than mine. I broke the same one every time. Seemed like it was easier to do each time.
    most people clavicles don't rebreak 4 times. My fiance broke hers and it was back to normal within 6-8 weeks.

citr92 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by mcpeepants232003 View Post
    most people clavicles don't rebreak 4 times. My fiance broke hers and it was back to normal within 6-8 weeks.
    dislocating bones gets easier every time...but breaking it....not so much, or at least it shouldn't

after a break, the bone heals and a mass of bone is where the break occurs, then the osteoblasts and osteoclasts slowly reshape it back to normal, it normally takes 1 year or two after healing

now, the bones are designed to break at certain spots so the least amount of damage is done, once that ball of bone is there, breaking it again is worse, as that mass won't break nearly as easy

so yea, just depends on how often you broke it i guess, although normally a broken bone is stronger afterwards

so yea, that doesn't sound right, i'm not saying i doubt it, just seems odd
    ManofGod likes this.

Re: Amendola Injury May Have Been Life threatening

Quote Originally Posted by mcpeepants232003 View Post

I didn't rebreak it back to back there was time in between them usually a year or more.

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

I didn't rebreak it back to back there was time in between them usually a year or more.
    Oh...okay then, if it was just once a year ?!! Skateboarder ? Too much Jackass at an early age or just a mite um... clumsy ?

As for Amendola; that's messed up. Love the plucky little bugger but it seems his fearless style may be a game his body can't take consistently. Like Finnegan, he can do it all pretty well & occasionally really well but the sooner both guys settle into the slot on respective sides of the ball, the better. It's where they are most consistently playmakers,imo.Amendola shouldn't be diving for balls 20-30 yds downfield, he should be outquicking LBs and working the short sidelines.

My other thought is that the silver lining may be that Sam is forced to develop a rapport with these other guys. They worked well together, Sam & DA, and they will again but it may be time for Sammy to be weaned from the woobie a bit for the good of all concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by citr92 View Post
    dislocating bones gets easier every time...but breaking it....not so much, or at least it shouldn't

after a break, the bone heals and a mass of bone is where the break occurs, then the osteoblasts and osteoclasts slowly reshape it back to normal, it normally takes 1 year or two after healing

now, the bones are designed to break at certain spots so the least amount of damage is done, once that ball of bone is there, breaking it again is worse, as that mass won't break nearly as easy

so yea, just depends on how often you broke it i guess, although normally a broken bone is stronger afterwards

so yea, that doesn't sound right, i'm not saying i doubt it, just seems odd
    I don't know why i guess mine never healed right or something. Hopefully his is different.

The first time I got in a fight where the kid landed on my shoulder when he took me to the ground. The next time I fell out of a chair backwards. The next time I was at school playing football and someone landed on my shoulder again. I can't remember how I broke it the fourth time by then I stopped keeping track as well lol. It was the same shoulder every time. It was to a point I had a collection of slings for my shoulder.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

I don't know why i guess mine never healed right or something. Hopefully his is different.

The first time I got in a fight where the kid landed on my shoulder when he took me to the ground. The next time I fell out of a chair backwards. The next time I was at school playing football and someone landed on my shoulder again. I can't remember how I broke it the fourth time by then I stopped keeping track as well lol. It was the same shoulder every time. It was to a point I had a collection of slings for my shoulder.
    Did you win the fight? , Kidding. But damn man, that sucks!

THE DREAM TEAM