Results 1 to 11 of 11
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By ramsanddodgers
  • 1 Post By citr92

Thread: Amendola Injury May Have Been Life threatening

  1. #1
    letsgoramz's Avatar
    letsgoramz is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    New york city
    Posts
    320
    Rep Power
    9

    Exclamation Amendola Injury May Have Been Life threatening

    just heard on NFL fox Pre-game show that Amendolas injury was Life threatening due to the fact that his bone popped inward rather than out . . and this is an injury that has NEVER been seen before in the NFL

    Torry Holt Dont play that

  2. #2
    ramsanddodgers's Avatar
    ramsanddodgers is online now Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Arroyo Grande, CA
    Age
    58
    Posts
    2,259
    Rep Power
    51

    re: Amendola Injury May Have Been Life threatening

    Yea, I heard Jay Glazer report that, also.

    It is not life threatening at this time as the clavicle has been returned to it's normal location. That and they had to put him under while repositioning the clavicle...

    I'm glad he made it through and look forward to his getting back on the field.
    ManofGod likes this.
    RnD

    GO RAMS!!

  3. #3
    sjacksonrules's Avatar
    sjacksonrules is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    southern il
    Posts
    1,451
    Rep Power
    29

    re: Amendola Injury May Have Been Life threatening

    Having broken mine about 4 times I don't like this at all. Hopefully his comes out stronger than mine. I broke the same one every time. Seemed like it was easier to do each time.

  4. #4
    RealRam's Avatar
    RealRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    8,393
    Rep Power
    68

    re: Amendola Injury May Have Been Life threatening

    Rams' Danny Amendola fortunate injury wasn't more serious
    Game On! Nate Davis, USA TODAY Sports
    1:19PM EST October 7, 2012


    The St. Louis Rams lost WR Danny Amendola to a clavicle injury in Thursday night's 17-3 win over the Arizona Cardinals.

    But apparently Amendola is fortunate that the injury wasn't far more serious.

    Per Fox's Jay Glazer, Amendola's collarbone dislocated inward, a rare injury. Had it popped in too far, his windpipe and aorta could have been jeopardized and left him with a potentially life-threatening injury. Glazer, who talked about the incident on Fox's pre-game show, also tweeted: "Rams called around league to find a case study of it happening to another NFL player but couldn't find one" and ended up sedating Amendola before treating him.

    A camera crew at the Edward Jones Dome caught Amendola throwing his helmet in frustration inside the bowels of the stadium as he was led to the locker room.

    Coach Jeff Fisher has not yet provided any public insight to Amendola's injury, but QB Sam Bradford's favorite target is expected to miss up to two months.
    Wow. Hope everything goes well in terms of recuperation quality and time.

  5. #5
    sosa39rams's Avatar
    sosa39rams is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, On
    Posts
    5,460
    Rep Power
    43

    re: Amendola Injury May Have Been Life threatening

    " FOX's Jay Glazer reports Danny Amendola's dislocated clavicle could have been life-threatening, and that the Rams do not have a firm timetable for his return.Yes, life-threatening. Amendola's clavicle popped in instead of out, coming dangerously close to his aorta and trachea. Amendola had to be sedated by the Rams doctors so they could pop his clavicle back in and assure it would not "dislodge" again. Per Glazer, the Rams don't have a concrete timeline for Amendola's return because it is an extremely uncommon, perhaps unprecedented, NFL injury. It still appears Amendola will play football again in 2012, however.
    "
    - Rotoworld


    THE DREAM TEAM

  6. #6
    mcpeepants232003's Avatar
    mcpeepants232003 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    741
    Rep Power
    12

    re: Amendola Injury May Have Been Life threatening

    Quote Originally Posted by sjacksonrules View Post
    Having broken mine about 4 times I don't like this at all. Hopefully his comes out stronger than mine. I broke the same one every time. Seemed like it was easier to do each time.
    most people clavicles don't rebreak 4 times. My fiance broke hers and it was back to normal within 6-8 weeks.

  7. #7
    citr92 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,253
    Rep Power
    9

    re: Amendola Injury May Have Been Life threatening

    Quote Originally Posted by mcpeepants232003 View Post
    most people clavicles don't rebreak 4 times. My fiance broke hers and it was back to normal within 6-8 weeks.
    dislocating bones gets easier every time...but breaking it....not so much, or at least it shouldn't

    after a break, the bone heals and a mass of bone is where the break occurs, then the osteoblasts and osteoclasts slowly reshape it back to normal, it normally takes 1 year or two after healing

    now, the bones are designed to break at certain spots so the least amount of damage is done, once that ball of bone is there, breaking it again is worse, as that mass won't break nearly as easy

    so yea, just depends on how often you broke it i guess, although normally a broken bone is stronger afterwards

    so yea, that doesn't sound right, i'm not saying i doubt it, just seems odd
    ManofGod likes this.

  8. #8
    sjacksonrules's Avatar
    sjacksonrules is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    southern il
    Posts
    1,451
    Rep Power
    29

    Re: Amendola Injury May Have Been Life threatening

    Quote Originally Posted by mcpeepants232003 View Post
    most people clavicles don't rebreak 4 times. My fiance broke hers and it was back to normal within 6-8 weeks.

    I didn't rebreak it back to back there was time in between them usually a year or more.

  9. #9
    Azul e Oro is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    CALIFORNIA
    Posts
    2,372
    Rep Power
    72

    Re: Amendola Injury May Have Been Life threatening

    Quote Originally Posted by sjacksonrules View Post
    I didn't rebreak it back to back there was time in between them usually a year or more.
    Oh...okay then, if it was just once a year ?!! Skateboarder ? Too much Jackass at an early age or just a mite um... clumsy ?

    As for Amendola; that's messed up. Love the plucky little bugger but it seems his fearless style may be a game his body can't take consistently. Like Finnegan, he can do it all pretty well & occasionally really well but the sooner both guys settle into the slot on respective sides of the ball, the better. It's where they are most consistently playmakers,imo.Amendola shouldn't be diving for balls 20-30 yds downfield, he should be outquicking LBs and working the short sidelines.

    My other thought is that the silver lining may be that Sam is forced to develop a rapport with these other guys. They worked well together, Sam & DA, and they will again but it may be time for Sammy to be weaned from the woobie a bit for the good of all concerned.

  10. #10
    sjacksonrules's Avatar
    sjacksonrules is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    southern il
    Posts
    1,451
    Rep Power
    29

    Re: Amendola Injury May Have Been Life threatening

    Quote Originally Posted by citr92 View Post
    dislocating bones gets easier every time...but breaking it....not so much, or at least it shouldn't

    after a break, the bone heals and a mass of bone is where the break occurs, then the osteoblasts and osteoclasts slowly reshape it back to normal, it normally takes 1 year or two after healing

    now, the bones are designed to break at certain spots so the least amount of damage is done, once that ball of bone is there, breaking it again is worse, as that mass won't break nearly as easy

    so yea, just depends on how often you broke it i guess, although normally a broken bone is stronger afterwards

    so yea, that doesn't sound right, i'm not saying i doubt it, just seems odd
    I don't know why i guess mine never healed right or something. Hopefully his is different.

    The first time I got in a fight where the kid landed on my shoulder when he took me to the ground. The next time I fell out of a chair backwards. The next time I was at school playing football and someone landed on my shoulder again. I can't remember how I broke it the fourth time by then I stopped keeping track as well lol. It was the same shoulder every time. It was to a point I had a collection of slings for my shoulder.

  11. #11
    sosa39rams's Avatar
    sosa39rams is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, On
    Posts
    5,460
    Rep Power
    43

    Re: Amendola Injury May Have Been Life threatening

    Quote Originally Posted by sjacksonrules View Post
    I don't know why i guess mine never healed right or something. Hopefully his is different.

    The first time I got in a fight where the kid landed on my shoulder when he took me to the ground. The next time I fell out of a chair backwards. The next time I was at school playing football and someone landed on my shoulder again. I can't remember how I broke it the fourth time by then I stopped keeping track as well lol. It was the same shoulder every time. It was to a point I had a collection of slings for my shoulder.
    Did you win the fight? , Kidding. But damn man, that sucks!


    THE DREAM TEAM

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 9
    Last Post: -10-02-2011, 12:21 PM
  2. Dane Looker - Career threatening injury?
    By RamsInfiniti in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: -10-11-2008, 07:58 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: -09-14-2005, 07:58 AM
  4. life
    By psycho9985 in forum LOUNGE
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: -07-10-2005, 09:41 PM
  5. Replies: 21
    Last Post: -01-03-2005, 01:27 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •