Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Amendola out 8-10 weeks

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

Re: Amendola out 8-10 weeks

No on the Owens thing Varg!! haha I dont want any drama in here and pressing the panic button does not fix our situation. Mark Clayton will probably be reactivated and/or DX will be actived.

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

I think losing Amendola sucks, too, but more as a feisty presence & punt returner than a WR. You may not be thrilled with the options in Salas or Pettis or even double-paying Avery but at least there are options there. Who's the returner? Avery wouldn't last a month there & then The Rams would be doubly screwed. Norwood ?

Anyway, Amendola is dwarfed literally and strategically, by Jason Smith. Goldberg @ RT vs The G-Men? Seriously? Sigh....

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

It wasnt the best performance by any means, but to be honest after losing Jackson after one play and the disparity in talent between the Rams WR and the Philly DB's, it was always going to be a hard ask for our Rams. The best team won, end of story. The Eagles took away are average WR's and slowly starting beating up Sam Bradford. When the Rams are having to rely on a rookie(Kendricks) to make the difference, bad things are likely to happen. I still think nothing has really changed after this defeat, apart from the injuries that is. The Rams are still going to win the West.> We just have to be realistic and patient. I dont know why Alexander didnt get to play or Quinn was inactive. Quinn was the someone I thought could do a good job with Vick running around like a mad man on the turf. Getting a WR that can get open and catch the damn thing must be top of our list for next season. Its killing us.

CAN SOMEONE MOVE THIS THREAD PLEASE, IVE NOT BEEN VERY FOCUSED THIS MORNING.?
    Last edited by GROUND DOG 39; -09-12-2011 at 08:16 AM.

richtree is online now Registered User

maybe it is a blessing in disguise and it will force:

#1 Bradford to throw the ball down the field
    #2 Rookie WRs to step up
    #3 Salas to play slot ???

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Azul e Oro View Post
    Anyway, Amendola is dwarfed literally and strategically, by Jason Smith. Goldberg @ RT vs The G-Men? Seriously? Sigh....
    was saying it prior to the season that the lack of depth on the O-line after we cut Foster was worrying and i thought they had made an error of judgement by keeping Goldberg over Foster,gutted to find by fears come true.
    if we don`t get Foster back then maybe it would be better to play Dahl at RT against the Giants and play Wragge at RG or the other way round. i like Goldberg as an assistant O-line coach but with an $80m young stud QB, i don`t want to see Goldberg on the field.

Varg6 is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ZiaRam View Post
    No on the Owens thing Varg!! haha I dont want any drama in here and pressing the panic button does not fix our situation. Mark Clayton will probably be reactivated and/or DX will be actived.
    Clayton can't even play yet. DX is a ticking time bomb. We can't win games throwing check downs to Cadillac Williams. Like I said, it's not like I'd be thrilled to get him but he'd sure as hell be better than any WR we have at this point.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

I am also hoping that losing Amendola will help Bradford open up his eyes, and scan the field. Taking one more look, I rewatched the play where he overthrew Amendola in the corner of the endzone. MSW had beaten Asomghua to the inside on a slant, and it would have been an easy TD pass, but Bradford knew he was going to Amendola before the ball was snapped.

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Varg6 View Post
    Clayton can't even play yet. DX is a ticking time bomb. We can't win games throwing check downs to Cadillac Williams. Like I said, it's not like I'd be thrilled to get him but he'd sure as hell be better than any WR we have at this point.
    As everything you say might be right what happens when he pulls his diva crap and the locker room becomes crap? Not in the mood for that...

Alec22 is offline Registered User

It gets worse:

Appearing on NBC's Football Night in America Sunday, Profootballtalk.com's Mike Florio reported that Danny Amendola will "probably" miss the rest of the season with a dislocated left elbow.
    TurfShowTimes.com has a picture of the Amendola injury (linked below), and it's not pretty. A previous estimate from ESPN's John Clayton had Amendola out 8-10 weeks; he's probably headed to I.R. if that's the case. The Rams talked up Mike Sims-Walker's "versatility" in camp, so perhaps he'll see an increase in snaps and play more in the slot. Rookie Greg Salas is another option, though he played mostly flanker in the preseason. The Rams strongly considered signing Terrell Owens last year, and he is currently a free agent.

unorthodox1999 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    Salas and Pettis will play the slot... I would go get Avery back on Monday.
    Who says Avery WANTS to be back? According to him the split was mutual. That said, I wonder if he's even on anyone else's radar.

ManofGod is offline Registered User

Calm down guys, our bye is in week 5, so he should miss only 4 weeks total, its a dislocation not a fracture.

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Never mind Avery .. Bring on Mark Clayton! What ever happened to DX? Did he even dress?

thoey is offline Registered User

Just saw this in a Fantasy Football news email:

STL WR Danny Amendola looks like his injury might not be as bad as feared. Our
    friend Adam Schefter is reporting that Amendola hopes to be able to avoid surgery and
    is "week to week". There is talk that Amendola might be back around Week 5. Steal
    him from a panicked Amendola owner if you can wait that long.

And DX didn't dress for yesterday's game...
    This space for rent...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12