Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Amendola trying to talk his way into the lineup

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

Amendola trying to talk his way into the lineup

So I'm listening to 101 ESPN and they are reporting that Danny Amendola is reportedly trying to talk his way into the lineup for Monday Night Football with a a brace on his elbow.
    If this is true it really does speak to the football player and toughness that is Danny Amendola!

rNemesis is offline Registered User

Re: Amendola trying to talk his way into the lineup

It really does speak volumes of his toughness and tenacity, but is it really a safe, wise thing to do? And would the coaches feel highly of this? Really cant say that they would. But I love the heart and "headstrong" willingness to play though...
    ZiaRam likes this.

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

That's why we love Danny boy so much. The guy is as tough as they come. It goes from he might be out all season, to playing Monday night. NFL players of old would be proud. This attitude is the opposite of most the primadonna millionaires that play the game today. Oh I bruised my finger...take me out coach...makes me want to puke when I see some of the "injuries" that sideline players these days.
    live4ramin and ZiaRam like this.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

A tear came to my eye seeing this. If you don't like a Danny Amendola, something is wrong with you. This guy has the heart of a lion. And while there's no way he'll play Monday, I'll bet we see him a lot sooner than anticipated.

Hope you heal quickly, my friend.
    ZiaRam likes this.

berg8309 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamFan_Til_I_Die View Post
    That's why we love Danny boy so much. The guy is as tough as they come. It goes from he might be out all season, to playing Monday night. NFL players of old would be proud. This attitude is the opposite of most the primadonna millionaires that play the game today. Oh I bruised my finger...take me out coach...makes me want to puke when I see some of the "injuries" that sideline players these days.
    Do you mean like Sam Bradford's bruised finger?

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

it`s been a long time since i questioned Danny`s toughness. balls bigger than king kong. hope he sits out this week tho..relax,rest and give the joint time to repair.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ramblin' Ram View Post
    It's been a long time since i questioned Danny's toughness. Balls bigger than King Kong. Hope he sits out this week tho...relax, rest and give the joint time to repair.
    Smartest, most practical thing to do. I suppose Rams coaches and trainers are going this way. I still like Amendola and hopefully he will heal to bring some serious contributions to the Rams offense in a couple of weeks or three. For this coming game, no.

macrammer is offline Registered User

Really. The Rudy of NFL. This is old school mentality and is refreshing. I love this guy! Of course, we need to pat him on his back and with great respect, show him the bench for the game Monday.

I need to get his jersey hung up in my man cave.

Dwight Frye is offline Registered User

Ha! 8-10 weeks is quickly turning into 8-10 days. How can anyone not love this guy? This is exactly the type of player I would want on the field at ALL times.

Old school, indeed!
    If a team won their division seven straight times, that would be a NFL record. Now add on that team did it with seven different QB's in seven straight years,that record is unbeatable. To do that feat, you must of had a great Defense. Jack Youngblood was the captain of that defense.

ManofGod is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamFan_Til_I_Die View Post
    Well well, someone is not a fan of "50". Now on a serious note, technically he can't damage the joint any further by playing, it would be more of a pain tolerance issue if he wanted to play. Now with that being said there could be some weakness in the arm which would be an issue with catching & returning punts which WOULD be a big issue come game time. I'd sit him to be on the safe side.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Dude is just freaking amazing. He gets pile drived by the Raiders' McClain last year on a crossing route and he gets up laughing. Now he dislocated his elbow and wants to play the next week.

From now on, the iron man award now need to be renamed the "I'm still not as tough as little Danny Amendola, but I tried" award.
    I believe!

Fargo Ram Fan is offline Registered User

I have a hangnail. Hoping it gets better by Monday. If not, Im still gonna handle the remote to turn on the game. To hell with the pain! Im fightin through it!
    live4ramin likes this.
    "You people point your 'f'in' finger and say theres the bad guy....what that make you....good?" Tony Montana

QUINNtessentialTruth is offline Registered User

I think every that needs to be said is said here. Guy is a tough hardnosed player. Every team can use players like him on their rosters.

I say let him take rest the next three weeks and comeback after the bye. Depending on the extent of dislocation.

BM_Face is offline Registered User

Amendola determined to play sooner than later

Posted by Mike Florio on September 16, 2011, 6:42 AM EDT
    Getty Images
    After Rams receiver Danny Amendola suffered an dislocated elbow so gruesome that FOX wouldn’t show the replay (they’ve come a long way since the “alien autopsy”), initial indications pointed to Amendola missing half the season, or more.
    Amendola didn’t get the memo.
    Howard Balzer of 101sports.com reports that Amendola won’t rule out playing in Week Three. “I’ve been healing pretty fast, it’s just the severity of what happened inside,” Amendola said. “I’ll be back soon enough.”
    Amendola denied that he has been lobbying to play in Week Two.
    There’s an issue with stability in the elbow, as anyone who saw the injury happen would attest.
    “You put a timetable on Danny Amendola, he’s going to make us all look wrong,” Rams coach Steve Spagnuolo said. “[H]e wants to do everything. You’ve got to protect him from himself a little bit.”
    The Rams play at the Giants on Monday night. In Week Three, they face the Ravens.
    A defeated look of consternation, dissappointment, or even pain. The name derives from the look one often gets when challenged by a large BM.

live4ramin is offline Registered User

If I remember right, Rudy didn't make the pros.

The payoff of the "movie" anyway, was the coaches reluctantly let Rudy come in for the last mop-up play of his last game. Which I thought was a lame payoff of a good movie about a real person.
    "The horror"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast