Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Amendola would have no issue with franchise tag

BarronWade is online now Registered User

Re: Amendola would have no issue with franchise tag

Quote Originally Posted by bruce4life View Post
    DA to receive a 5yr 37-42 million dollars deal.
    I think that number is very very close

Stevie Johnson got 36.25 Mil 5 years he is to the bills as Ramendola is to us

I just think with the punt return ability and the superior slot threat Ramendola will make more than Johnson

thoey is offline Registered User

Don't get me wrong, I love Danny and want him to remain here. But, unfortunately, we may not have to pay him what he is worth, but we may have to pay him market value. And it is an inflated market.
    This space for rent...

ChitownRAM is offline Registered User

I love the ambiguity of some of the responses here!

"Hell yeah, break the bank for him."

then

"There are questions about his health."

Bottom line is that he hasn't given the Rams a full productive season, and hasn't proven himself to be a difference maker with this team. They don't give the Lombardi Trophy to the team with the most heart. I LOVE the guy, but it's stupid to give him a long-term deal OR the franchise tag.

By difference maker I mean to have the talent to overcome the ineptitude of other parts of the roster in order for the team to post W's instead off L's and T's week after week. Isaac Bruce was one of the best ever because he knew how to avoid contact and live to play another down. Danny is too reckless to last a whole season.
    On the bandwagon since 1974

Guam rammer is offline Registered User

This team has been looking for a playmaker at the WR spot for years. If we don't throw money at his feet to keep him a Ram We might as well sign kickers who can catch with theirs.

bradwill is offline Registered User

You pay Amendola 9mil a year then your days are going to be limited as a GM. That's insane with a hard salary cap the NFL operates under. I really want to see Amendola in a Rams' uni for many more years but the idea that he's worth 9mil on your cap is crazy.

J-RodRamFan is offline Registered User

The only thing stopping him from getting that money is the injury aspect. But he is such a big part of this team and he doesn't give up on you. You can really tell the difference in our offense when he's on the field.

bruce4life is offline Registered User

Amendola would have no issue with franchise tag

Quote Originally Posted by bradwill View Post
    You pay Amendola 9mil a year then your days are going to be limited as a GM. That's insane with a hard salary cap the NFL operates under. I really want to see Amendola in a Rams' uni for many more years but the idea that he's worth 9mil on your cap is crazy.
    You occasionally have to risk signing a player for a little more money than anticipated. It's called running a business and successful business will take chances on certain "special" players. After watching this season I truly believe DA is a"special" player ...

Rambos is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ChitownRAM View Post
    I love the ambiguity of some of the responses here!

"Hell yeah, break the bank for him."

then

"There are questions about his health."

Bottom line is that he hasn't given the Rams a full productive season, and hasn't proven himself to be a difference maker with this team. They don't give the Lombardi Trophy to the team with the most heart. I LOVE the guy, but it's stupid to give him a long-term deal OR the franchise tag.

By difference maker I mean to have the talent to overcome the ineptitude of other parts of the roster in order for the team to post W's instead off L's and T's week after week. Isaac Bruce was one of the best ever because he knew how to avoid contact and live to play another down. Danny is too reckless to last a whole season.
    difference maker I mean to have the talent to overcome the ineptitude of other parts of the roster in order for the team to post W's instead off L's and T's week after week.
    Your wrong... we all know we have had the worst record in the last five years. BUT when Amendola has played in the games. We are 10-1-2 so you tell me how he has not had an impact on our record?

I saw that stat during the game last week kind of socked me.

Rams a full productive season

Danny Amendola 2,364, lead the NFL in all-purpose yards yards in 2010, how was he not productive that year?

The question of his health is a real concern for me....
    Last edited by Rambos; -11-18-2012 at 11:38 AM.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Amendola is clearly a valuable member of this offense, but I think this organization would be making a mistake by signing him to Vincent/DeSean Jackson kind of money.

You have to consider that, even with Amendola, this offense lacks enough playmakers to really be effective week in and week out, and those playmakers are going to cost money as well. That doesn't even begin to talk about the offensive line and backfield as well.

I think a reasonable price for Danny is somewhere between Lance Moore's current deal ($20M/5yrs) and the extension that Stevie Johnson received ($36M/5yrs). The former would be a bargain, and the latter would be a bit pricey for me, so somewhere in between there would be my target.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Amendola is clearly a valuable member of this offense, but I think this organization would be making a mistake by signing him to Vincent/DeSean Jackson kind of money.

You have to consider that, even with Amendola, this offense lacks enough playmakers to really be effective week in and week out, and those playmakers are going to cost money as well. That doesn't even begin to talk about the offensive line and backfield as well.

I think a reasonable price for Danny is somewhere between Lance Moore's current deal ($20M/5yrs) and the extension that Stevie Johnson received ($36M/5yrs). The former would be a bargain, and the latter would be a bit pricey for me, so somewhere in between there would be my target.
    Would you tag him? KD was talking about him and they are still trying to get the done this year. Said we have the cap space to do it. I think DA will test the market and if he does he will not come cheap.

Like I said can he stay healthy?

ramstough39 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by mcpeepants232003 View Post
    I'm hoping we get a deal done with him but I wouldn't have a problem franchising him for next year. Yes it's 9 million a year but we can't afford to lose him at any cost.
    I hear you. Sign him by any means necessary. He's the only thing I get excited about when it comes to the Rams offense. Somebody recently said that with him on the field, they are confident in the Rams ability to move the ball, but without him? They only hope the Rams can at least get a first down. Pretty accurate feelings, I have to say. As fans, we might see a big play to Brandon Gibson once or twice every couple of games, but I hope we get to see more consistent cohesion from our favorite team's offense next season with as much minimal change in the coaching staff as possible. I'm confident in Bradford in the future as long as he gets to stick to a plan instead of constantly getting fed a new offensive coordinator year after year. Third year and just as many offensive coordinators.

mh-i is offline Registered User

Amendola apparantly is the one guy on the team who makes the players around him better. The only question is how long he can stay on the field.

citr92 is offline Registered User

can't wait for another great receiver opposite of amendola, it would take pressure off of him and make it so amendola won't have to sacrifice his body for every yard all the time

Rambunctious is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    Like I said can he stay healthy?
    It's not like he is missing games do to typical day in and day out injuries that pester players... the dude broke a collarbone and and arm. I have no question about his health or toughness.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast