• 1 Post By MACD
  • 1 Post By mh-i

Thread: Ankle Sprain Keeps Bradford From Practice

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Ankle Sprain Keeps Bradford From Practice

Ankle sprain keeps Bradford from practice

BY KATHLEEN NELSON
    October 19, 2011

Rams quarterback Sam Bradford did not practice Wednesday, adding to speculation that he might miss Sunday's game against the Dallas Cowboys.

Bradford suffered a high ankle sprain in the 24-3 loss to the Packers in Green Bay. He is wearing a protective boot and trying to stay off his left ankle as much as possible.

"We wanted to keep his leg elevated," coach Steve Spagnuolo said. "I don't know what to think. I don't venture to take any guesses on high ankle sprains."

Backup A.J. Feeley took all the snaps Wednesday.

"I thought A.J. operated pretty well," Spagnuolo said. "He got us in and out of checks."

The only other player not participating Wednesday was defensive end C.J. Ah You. Doctors removed pins from his wrist last week, which caused an infection.

Both offensive tackle Rodger Saffold (fibula) and running back Cadillac Williams (thigh) returned to practice after undergoing MRIs on Monday that revealed bruises.

Wide receiver Mark Clayton and defensive end Marquis Johnson practiced for the first time since being removed from the Physically Unable to Perform list.

And wide receiver Brandon Lloyd, acquired in a trade with the Denver Broncos on Monday, took the field for the first time.

"I'm encouraged that he knows what he's doing," Spagnuolo said. "I hope he can step in and won't skip a beat."

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Re: Ankle Sprain Keeps Bradford From Practice

Does it strike anyone else as odd that Adam Schefter's tweet this morning expressed confidence that Bradford will play this weekend, while the PD is treating the issue as a complete mystery (if not playing up the possibilty of Sam sitting)?

While I do think that Schefter pulls the "educated guess" move fairly frequently, I wouldn't think he'd go out of his way to comment on Sam's injury if he didn't have a source.

I still expect Sam will play.

MACD is offline Registered User

And the Cowgirls can be kept guessing.
    laram0 likes this.

Rambos is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Does it strike anyone else as odd that Adam Schefter's tweet this morning expressed confidence that Bradford will play this weekend, while the PD is treating the issue as a complete mystery (if not playing up the possibilty of Sam sitting)?

While I do think that Schefter pulls the "educated guess" move fairly frequently, I wouldn't think he'd go out of his way to comment on Sam's injury if he didn't have a source.

I still expect Sam will play.
    Here is what I could find to ease my mind...

Bradford said the ankle was improved from earlier in the week, and thought the decision would be a matter of "pain tolerance." Bradford didn't think getting practice time was a must.

"Obviously, I have to be able to drop back," Bradford said. "I have to be able to have some mobility where I'm not just standing back there."

The 2008 Heisman Trophy winner, who was born in Oklahoma City and played for the Sooners in college, said he'd be trying his best to get ready "whether we were playing in Dallas or in Alaska."

"I've had this Dallas game circled for a while now knowing that it's about as close to home as I get," Bradford said. "It'd mean a lot for me to play down there, so hopefully I'll be ready."

Spagnuolo said the Rams wanted Bradford to keep his foot elevated, so the QB wasn't even on the field. Feeley was preparing to start, but said he wouldn't be surprised if Bradford tried to play.

"He's a tough kid and he wants to play and he wants to take this team on his back," Feeley said of Bradford, the top overall pick in the 2010 draft. "That's the way it should be."

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

I would be surprised if Sam doesn't try to play.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

laram0 is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by MACD View Post
    And the Cowgirls can be kept guessing.
    Take that Jerry Jones!

GO RAMS!

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

"Obviously, I have to be able to drop back," Bradford said. "I have to be able to have some mobility where I'm not just standing back there."
    I don't blame him for being concerned about his mobility, "just standing back there" is a scary proposition these days, especially with DeMarcus Ware waiting in the wings and looking to take his head off. Let's hope the tackle play picks up this week.

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Feeley might have a field day looking like Kyle Orton on McD's system but it's pretty much a pipe dream at this point until it's justified.

mh-i is offline Registered User

If Bradford's ankle isn't better than 90% the Rams shouldn't push it. Start Feeley. At 0-5 it isn't worth the risk of Bradford having to sit out 5 games if he makes the injury worse.
    Agrajag likes this.