AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

*ANNOUNCEMENT* ClanRam/Torry Holt Foundation Charity Drive

We are happy to announce the first (hopefully annual):

ClanRam-Torry Holt Foundation Charity Raffle

Here is how this will work:

We will soon post a new thread with a link to a PayPal account through which you can make donations to the Torry Holt Foundation. The Foundation is dedicated to cancer research. You can read up about it on Torry's site, www.TorryHolt.com.

The account will be open until May 10, 2006. During the week of May 15, 2006, Torry Holt will answer 15 questions submitted by ClanRam members. The opportunity to ask the questions will be determined as follows: (1) Ten will be "raffled" to members contributing to the charity. (2) The remaining five will be given to the five largest contributors.

The following rules will also apply:
    • In order to view the answers that will be posted by Torry Holt, you must make a minimum donation of $10.00 to the Foundation (Premium Members will have access to the Q&A, but are encouraged to also make a donation).
    • For every $10.00 you donate, you will receive one "ticket" in the raffle used to determine who gets to ask the questions.
    • Moderators will not be eligible for the raffle, but may donate to the Foundation.
    • 100% of the funds donated will go to the Foundation.
    We are very excided about this and hope you will all contribute. It’s a great cause and a great opportunity for us to get to know one of our favorite Ram players.
    Last edited by AvengerRam; -04-18-2006 at 03:36 PM.

OldRamsfan is offline Registered User

Re: *ANNOUNCEMENT* ClanRam/Torry Holt Foundation Charity Drive

I will definitely play apart in this wonderful event ...

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

Well done AV. I like that fact that the Clan is getting involved with Ram charities.

These are tax deductible right?
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

Its a legit charity, so I'd say yes.

The PLEDGE THREAD should be going up by Friday, and will contain a link to the PayPal site where contributions can be made.

Also, to provide a little extra incentive for contributions, for every $500.00 (total) donated by the ClanRam members, we will raffle (in addition to the right to ask Torry Holt a question), a Rams football pilsner glass:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails *ANNOUNCEMENT* ClanRam/Torry Holt Foundation Charity Drive-113367006699_40432.jpg  

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

The word cancer makes people shy away. It is right up there with cuss words in our language. Unfortunately, hundreds of thousands of people are forced to face the word as they, or a family member, or a co-worker, or someone else they know contracts a form of the disease.

In September 2004, I underwent a routine surgery and the doctor found an unusual growth on one of my thyroids...so he removed the thyroid. He said it was probably nothing but we always send a tissue sample to pathology. A few day later, I get a call from the doctor himself - he informed me that I have thyroid cancer. Imagine getting a call like that. I am a person that does not relent to anything if at all possible. I immediately got on the internet and began research. Within an hour, I had the facts I needed, called the doctor, and told him to get me back on the operating table immediately. I underwent surgery the following day. The hardest thing about being diagnosed with thyroid cancer was telling my wife, co-workers and my two daughters. It broke my heart to see everyone so upset. In my mind, cancer was put on my "to do" list as something to take care of. I was not scared, but rather pissed about it. I underwent radiation treatment (all of the hair on my legs fell out..lol) which made me sick every morning. Despite all of that, I missed only 6 days of work. I recently did the one-year regimen to be re-checked and came back clear.

So how does all of this tie-in to contributing to this great cause? Here is how: treatment for cancer is still barbaric. The money that you contribute helps fund research. Somebody funded research in the past which allows me to be in remission from cancer and lead a normal life. The money you contribute today may fund a treatment or cure for someone that you may know in the future that will be diagnosed with cancer. Is there any one of you out there that has not known someone to be diagnosed with cancer? Probably not.

Put me down for a $100 contribution (I'll do the PayPal thing whe the link appears). I challenge each of you to contribute what you can.

GO RAMS and F Cancer!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

bigredman is offline Registered User

I'm more than happy to contribute to this worthwhile charity. Please PM me when the online link gets set up. I guess it will be available on April 21st?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yes, it should be up by the 21st.

And... thanks for sharing that Alpha. I think we, as a group, really have the potential to make a nice contribution to a cause that is truly worthy, as you so aptly described.