Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Annoying (and Unwarranted) Sound Bite Critiques of Rams Players

Pardon my agitation, but...

SOME OF YOU FANS ARE FREAKIN' ANNOYING!!!!!!

I can't tell you how tired I am of the hackneyed, sound bite, critiques that fans feel the need to throw out into the public forum when discussing their Rams scapegoats du jour.

Here are my top ten annoying and unwarranted sound bite critiques of Rams players from recent years:

"Will Witherspoon is too small to play MLB." Anyone want to argue this one anymore?

"[CB villian of the week] Can't Cover Anyone!" Guess what... without a pass rush, Mike Haynes, Darryl Green and Deion Sanders couldn't consistently cover NFL WRs either.

"The Rams should have drafted ______" In hindsight, the draft is an exact science. On draft day... not so much.

"The Rams drafted three busts at DT" Actually, it was one bust, one still developing player, and one guy who probably should not have been allowed to leave via free agency.

"Marc Bulger can't throw the long ball." Remember this one? Never mind that Bulger is among the league leaders in every passing category, including efficiency on passes of 15 yards or more.

"Holt and Bruce dive to avoid hits." Given their durability and productivity over the years, this should be a compliment, not a dig.

"Steven Jackson dances in the backfield" "Dancing" is a product of not having a hole to run to. If you're going to place blame, blame the O line. Jackson isn't the problem, folks.

rammiser is offline Registered User

Re: Annoying (and Unwarranted) Sound Bite Critiques of Rams Players

Agree,agree,agree!!!
    Just Fix It

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

"Steven Jackson dances in the backfield" "Dancing" is a product of not having a hole to run to. If you're going to place blame, blame the O line. Jackson isn't the problem, folks.
    I have to whole heartedly disagree with you on this one AV. I was at the game on Sunday, and observed (through my binoculars) a few small holes that Mr. Jackson could have at least attempted to plow through; instead he went the opposite direction right into the waiting arms of a Charger defender. He needs to trust his O line a little more.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

The beauty of public discussion is that agreement on these issues isn't compulsory.

A person could be as hackneyed or as sound bitten in agreement as they could in expressing something as a critique.

Take some of these things away and the board may not be half as colourful a place.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Hackneyed: synonyms

Trite

Clichéd

Worn-out

Tired

Stale

Everyday

Hackneyed: synonyms

Compulsory

Obligatory

Necessary

Essential

Unavoidable

Agitation: synonyms

Campaigning

Demonstration

Protest

Confrontation

Disturbance

Shakeup

RamJackson39 is offline Registered User

I have to whole heartedly disagree with you on this one AV. I was at the game on Sunday, and observed (through my binoculars) a few small holes that Mr. Jackson could have at least attempted to plow through; instead he went the opposite direction right into the waiting arms of a Charger defender. He needs to trust his O line a little more.
    Part of that is the feeling that you have to make the play. When you cant trust in your defense or have trouble trusting in your O-Line, then you go for the big play more often than not. It's the risk reward scheme much like Barry Sanders had in Detroit. There have been plenty of times that I wish Steven Jackson would just run foward, but when there is no hole; there's nothing that he can do.
    The Roman and The Prince. Playmakers until the end.

rammiser is offline Registered User

Every running back misses holes but you cant blame Jackson every time he gets stuffed. Everyone around here wants to blame him for every loss. The O-line is at fault most of the time he gets nailed 3yds deep in his own backfield.
    Just Fix It

RAM-BO is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Pardon my agitation, but...

SOME OF YOU FANS ARE FREAKIN' ANNOYING!!!!!!

I can't tell you how tired I am of the hackneyed, sound bite, critiques that fans feel the need to throw out into the public forum when discussing their Rams scapegoats du jour.

Here are my top ten annoying and unwarranted sound bite critiques of Rams players from recent years:

"Will Witherspoon is too small to play MLB." Anyone want to argue this one anymore?

"[CB villian of the week] Can't Cover Anyone!" Guess what... without a pass rush, Mike Haynes, Darryl Green and Deion Sanders couldn't consistently cover NFL WRs either.

"The Rams should have drafted ______" In hindsight, the draft is an exact science. On draft day... not so much.

"The Rams drafted three busts at DT" Actually, it was one bust, one still developing player, and one guy who probably should not have been allowed to leave via free agency.

"Marc Bulger can't throw the long ball." Remember this one? Never mind that Bulger is among the league leaders in every passing category, including efficiency on passes of 15 yards or more.

"Holt and Bruce dive to avoid hits." Given their durability and productivity over the years, this should be a compliment, not a dig.

Well if we can't critic our team, then why the hell do we have a forum?

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

By all means, critique away. I'm just tired of the boring repetition of superficial cliches posing as insights.

BIG-BLUE is offline Registered User

Wow it is a shame when a fellow clan member who has offered so much to this forum is struck down in such a drastic measure. I personally love hearing everyones opinion wether i agree or disagree with there statement, so long as its done with respect.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

I saw a deleted post, but there's also a banning??? Surely this can not stand.

RAM-BO is offline Registered User

Free Fat Pang!

coy bacon is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    By all means, critique away. I'm just tired of the boring repetition of superficial cliches posing as insights.
    Look guys, I must speak up in AV's defense. If you can't beat them, join them. It appears that Av is the pot calling the kettle black, but sometimes he's just like a bull in a china shop, and ya'll are barking up the wrong tree. Like all people he just wants to have his cake and eat it too. We all know that the only certain things are death and taxes, and people voicing their opinions.

Av's a moderator and although we're all equal, some people are more equal than others. Being allowed to express yourself in a polite, respectful way on the forums, even if you are boring and redundant, is more fun than a barrel full of monkeys, and its the greatest thing since sliced bread. But what is one man's treasure is another man's junk, and beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

So cheer up, have a good day, its as easy as ABC. There's a light at the end of the tunnel and every cloud has a silver lining, so stop running around like chickens with your head cut off, because what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

Fat Pang got banned by Av. I understand that some disagree, but take it with a grain of salt because there's no use crying over spilt milk. After all, you can lead a horse to the milk, but can't make it drink. It may not make any sense, like trying to find a needle in a haystack, What doesn't kill Fat, makes Fat Fatter.

Remember fellow Clanies, today is the first day of the rest of your life and laughter is the best medicine. The more things change, the more they stay the same, so when life gives you lemons, make lemonade. There is nothing to fear but fear itself so don't worry about Fat, there are plenty more fish in the sea, like Koi.

And Fat ol' boy, I encourage you to hang in there. I know that when it rains, it pours but the show’s not over till the fat lady sings, so don’t count your chickens before they’re hatched. It is better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all. Fat ol' boy when at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Remember, what goes around comes around, and love makes the world go round.

RamOfDenmark is offline Registered User

The thread seems a little derailed already, with the last few posts about Fat Pang, so I don't suppose it'll hurt much if I throw my opinion out there too. Now I didn't read the post that apparently got Fat Pang banned, but I think we should remember that Fat Pang has been a member for a while and (IMHO) usually contributes with fairly well thought-out posts worth reading. If it was someone who just signed up and made a trollish post, or even a known troll, I'd have no problem with a ban, but in this case the measure seems too drastic.

rampete is offline Registered User

here are my conjectures on what happened to fat pang:

1) he's the devil
    2) he's a cliche-ophile...
    3) he gave directions...
    4) he's a martyr for all annoying cliche-ridden ram fans
    5) he made a hackeneyed gesture of a magnitude we have
    yet to fanthom nor comprehend in it's entirety...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast