Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BerlinThunder Guest

Another knee surgery for Alexander after practice injury

BY JIM THOMAS
    Friday, October 29, 2010

Rams WR Danario Alexander suffered a left knee injury late in practice Friday and gingerly walked off the field without bending the leg. The result was cartilage damage, according to leg sources, and Alexander was scheduled for surgery Friday afternoon. Initial estimates are that Alexander will be sidlined for two to four weeks. There was no immediate confirmation on the injury.

It's the same knee Alexander has had surgery on four times previously. Alexander suffered the latest injury running a pass pattern late in practice. He got up gingerly and teammates knew immediately that Alexander wasn't right.

"He had that one look on his face I haven't seen in a while, probably since the Senior Bowl," wide receiver Mardy Gilyard said. "So I know something had gone bad with him."

Alexander suffered a knee injury during Senior Bowl week practice in January, leading to cartilage damage and the fourth surgery. Gilyard also participated in the Senior Bowl.

Offically, Alexander was listed as questionable for Sunday's home game with Carolina when the Rams' official injury report came out later in the day. But the injury report was turned in shortly after practice, probably before the full extent of Alexander's injury was known.

In other injury news:

-- Tackle Jason Smith did not practice Friday and has been officially listed with concussion-like symptoms. It is unlikely Smith will play Sunday, which would mark the first time this season the Rams would not have their entire starting offensive line together. Smith was listed as questionable, but journeyman Renardo Foster said after practice Friday that he would start at right tackle against the Panthers. Foster hasn't started an NFL regular-season game since 2007.

-- Wearing a protective brace, running back Steven Jackson was limited in practice on Friday due to the broken finger on his left hand and his status is unknown for Sunday. Jackson has said he intends to play but coach Steve Spagnuolo has been more cautious when discussing Jackson's availability. Jackson was listed as questionable.

BrokenWing is offline Registered User

Re: Another knee surgery for Alexander after practice injury

After five surgeries on the same knee, do you still have a knee, or is your leg held together just by surgeries?

Crazy...

At least it's not season ending?

RealRam is offline Registered User

Wow, talk about pushing it! Future / health / knee injury prone / opportunity, etc.

Hopefully this is a "minor" set-back and DX will regain 100% ... to LAST, at last.

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

I feel for the kid but is this really a surprise to anyone? At least he got the chance to catch a TD pass in front of a home crowd.

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BerlinThunder View Post

BY JIM THOMAS
    Friday, October 29, 2010

Rams WR Danario Alexander suffered a left knee injury late in practice Friday and gingerly walked off the field without bending the leg. The result was cartilage damage, according to leg sources, and Alexander was scheduled for surgery Friday afternoon. Initial estimates are that Alexander will be sidlined for two to four weeks. There was no immediate confirmation on the injury.

It's the same knee Alexander has had surgery on four times previously. Alexander suffered the latest injury running a pass pattern late in practice. He got up gingerly and teammates knew immediately that Alexander wasn't right.

"He had that one look on his face I haven't seen in a while, probably since the Senior Bowl," wide receiver Mardy Gilyard said. "So I know something had gone bad with him."

Alexander suffered a knee injury during Senior Bowl week practice in January, leading to cartilage damage and the fourth surgery. Gilyard also participated in the Senior Bowl.

Offically, Alexander was listed as questionable for Sunday's home game with Carolina when the Rams' official injury report came out later in the day. But the injury report was turned in shortly after practice, probably before the full extent of Alexander's injury was known.

In other injury news:

-- Tackle Jason Smith did not practice Friday and has been officially listed with concussion-like symptoms. It is unlikely Smith will play Sunday, which would mark the first time this season the Rams would not have their entire starting offensive line together. Smith was listed as questionable, but journeyman Renardo Foster said after practice Friday that he would start at right tackle against the Panthers. Foster hasn't started an NFL regular-season game since 2007.

-- Wearing a protective brace, running back Steven Jackson was limited in practice on Friday due to the broken finger on his left hand and his status is unknown for Sunday. Jackson has said he intends to play but coach Steve Spagnuolo has been more cautious when discussing Jackson's availability. Jackson was listed as questionable.

Jebus,Alexander`s left knee has become so famous now that reporters have gone out and contacted sources in the leg business..

xkidflowx is offline Registered User

sigh..... time to really draft a #1 receiver ... thought he could solve our problems

RamFan876 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by xkidflowx View Post
    sigh..... time to really draft a #1 receiver ... thought he could solve our problems
    +1 It's sad to be talking about next year again.

sosa39rams is online now Registered User

I'll be praying for the guy. I feel really bad for him and I hope he succeeds with us.

OldSchoolRamFan is offline Registered User

What depressing news... I was really hoping that he could be worked into the offense and provide at least an inclination of a downfield threat. I hope he recovers well and here's to hoping that someone, ANYONE, can step it up!!
    Steve

What you see is what you get, but what you see depends on where you stand.

1980RAMS is offline Registered User

Man that sucks....... We need a solid WR.... Soooooooo Bad.......

GO RAMS

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Really sad news for the kid, but I'm not surprised at all. Having had knee issues myself, it was only a matter of time. Four knee surgeries? One. Ok. Two? ...maybe. Three? Pushing all the odds. Four? Five?

The kid gave it a shot, but I'd be more surprised to see the kid suit up again on an NFL playing field.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

BrokenWing is offline Registered User

At the very least he has the highlight video and touchdown catch in the NFL, non-preseason.

Although that could be just heartbreaking for a few years if he doesn't get to play again.

The Rammer Guest

He'll be fine. I'd bet he plays @San Francisco after our bye week. He's tough and will recover quickly.

01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

It is depressing, not really for our team but for the poor guy. I really hope he bounces back and has a great career, but 5 serious injuries on the same knee does nothing for confidence. I am glad he got to catch a touchdown, I hope there are many more in his future.

1980RAMS is offline Registered User

Man that sucks....... We need a solid WR.... Soooooooo Bad.......

GO RAMS

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast