Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Another look at the 2010 receivers

Would it comfort anyone to know that two of our 2010 WRs will finish with the following receiving numbers:

Player A - 96 rec., 1,232 yards
    Player B - 69 rec., 890 yards

Not bad, right? Well, using 2009 numbers, those are the projected seasons for Gibson (A) and Robinson (B).

But HUb, those were just over a couple of games, they can't do that for an entire season, we need a #1 receiver, stats lie, numbers bad...etc.

Yea, yea, yea, save it; I'm not saying the Rams shouldn't look for a #1 receiver. Quite the opposite, IMO. But I am saying that there is hope; albeit from a small sample......but hope still the same.

"Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

RebelYell is offline Registered User

Re: Another look at the 2010 receivers

Right now, with all things considered except who the TE is, would rather have our group or the WR corp on the Cowboys? How about the Chargers? Both playoff possible teams.

Swap in an Owen Daniels at TE, now compare and toss in the Giants, Falcons and Ravens.

39thebeast is offline Registered User

I really like this group when healthy and with even more time together and a receiving TE. Burton and Robinson were looking really good before they went down and were catching their stride. Gibson already has 12 catches in 2 games, lets not forget he just got here and to me those chemistry problems are expected from a rookie, who jsut joined the team. Avery is inconsistent, but he makes big plays down field every game. Amendola is tough as nails really quick and on top of that he really good return skills make him a definite keeper. I really like this group. I would go after a bigger guy later in the draft to help in the redzone. IMO the perfect guy would be available in round 3 Danario Alexander a local Mizzou boy 6'5 215 excellent size has 12 TDs and 1,200 yards on the season, he and Golden Tate have been the most dominant WRs in college football. Really adds the size dimension we are missing. Grab him in round 3 so you can address bigger needs at QB and the D line in round 1 and 2

IMO the perfect guy would be available in round 3 Danario Alexander a local Mizzou boy 6'5 215
    I am a huge Alexander fan. The only problem I see with this scenario is that he might not be there when we pick in the 3rd.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

MOM
    MOM is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by 39thebeast View Post
    address bigger needs at QB
    Awwwwwwww...how sweet! You wanna give opposing defense a new rag doll to throw around. So generous...

In all seriousness, I would wait til Round 3 for a QB that can be developed and ready to go when Marc truly is done. The last thing I want to see is Marc ending up going to a Division opponent and kicking Rams butt. Didn't what happened with Warner teach us anything?
    [SIGPIC]http://www.stickershoppe.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/MLRPANCmini.jpg[/SIGPIC]This is for Randy! GO BRM!

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

HUB, you're projection is deceiving on Robinson, who only played a small portion of that third game ....

You'd need to project him to 16 games on a 2.5 game basis, not 3 ...

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    HUB, you're projection is deceiving on Robinson, who only played a small portion of that third game ....

And you can't extrapolate those numbers for Gibson either based on the very limited data set you have to work with.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Awww c'mon folks, HUb lives for this type of minutiae.....

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post

Good point. That moves Robinson's projection to 83 catches and 1,082 yards. I feel better already.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peoria
    And you can't extrapolate those numbers for Gibson either based on the very limited data set you have to work with.
    I thought I mentioned it in the original post, but, um....yea....not really building a high confidence level statistical model here. Just havin' a little fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by tx
    Awww c'mon folks, HUb lives for this type of minutiae.....
    you know it, brotha!

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Good point. That moves Robinson's projection to 83 catches and 1,082 yards. I feel better already. I thought I mentioned it in the original post, but, um....yea....not really building a high confidence level statistical model here. Just havin' a little fun. you know it, brotha!
    I like your analyis ...

With regards to Gibson, I find it difficult to believe that a hard working rookie like him, who is really putting forth the effort, will see his numbers DECREASE as he learns the system ...

12 catches in his first two real career games, not too shabby. I am expecting big things from this kid ...

bruce4life is offline Registered User

I say with Robinson, Burton, Avery, Amendoela, and Gibson you have a young but talented groupe of receivers. I believe you let them battle it out in camp next year and the best 3 from that camp get the nods. I don't think you need a veteran to come in. Avery will have 1 more year under his belt and everyone will be healthy and ready to go.

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

Gibson looks promising, so does Robinson. But at the end of the day none are bona-fide
    No.1 material. Robinson up to now is injury prone and Gibson's a rookie. Avery looks like a 3 at best. The rest are mediocre. The rest of the season will dictate what will happen come draft day. A good TE would be great for next season, something the rams have'nt had recently. Those projections are misleading as the games were over, the other teams were playing soft. I want to see difference makers,pro bowlers. This team has ways to go with only starting RB, 1T, 1C, 1K, 1P, 1ML the only sure thing. Pretty much bare I say with a capital B.

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    I am a huge Alexander fan. The only problem I see with this scenario is that he might not be there when we pick in the 3rd.
    I agree there, but I'm guessing that many junior WRs like Golden Tate, Damion Williams, and more will come out ahead of him.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

What's going to happen to Brooks Foster?

And as for Damian Williams from USC, I like that kid. Great route runner, one of the best, if not the best route runner in the 2010 draft. Is also a good playmaker. Would fit our offense perfectly.

RebelYell is offline Registered User

I hope Avenger doesn't see this thread and blow another gasket. Comparing Gibson and Robinson to Bruce and Holt (without actualy making that comparison) might just about kill him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast