Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another Loss

blood85 is offline Registered User

Another Loss

I saw those fans with the garbage bags over their heads.....man I don't blame them. Another bad loss.

BrokenWing is offline Registered User

Re: Another Loss

Bad loss? Not really, loss, certainly.

The offense was much better, Marc looked alot more like himself (310 yards, 1td and 1int that wasn't really his fault).

The Defense lost this game. They play like they did all year, we would have won the game. Instead they give up td after td and field goals and well...no win.

blood85 is offline Registered User

Dude, it was a bad loss. We are 0-8, Linehan still can't call the right plays, Jackson guarranted a victory, he left the game, we can't get 1 yd on several occassions, NO, that was and is a Bad Loss.

BrokenWing is offline Registered User

A bad loss was last week, where we were blown out. This week we lost by a touchdown because the Defense couldn't be bothered to play to their own standards. Jackson left the game because he got injured, not because he didn't feel like playing anymore.

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

It was a BAD loss.

They lost because that is what they do.

It is BAD because that is all they know how to do.

yellow and blue is offline Registered User

yeah it was a bad loss. just accept it.

i dont care if bulger looked more like himself, we still lost. we are 0-8. i dont think there are any good things that can possibly happen.

the only good thing is is that this team doesnt need to rebuild. we have a qb, wide outs, and a running back. we have a solid lb core, our d-line is decent.

the things we need are an o-line and to get rid of everyone in our backfield except hill. they all suck really good

and with the first pick of the 2008 nfl entry draft, the st. louis rams select JAKE LONG

mh-i is offline Registered User

There's two columns, W and L. Moral victories do not exist. The Rams have 8 bad losses, injuries or not. Not unexpected losses but losses all the same.

Milan is offline Registered User

The Colts and Patriots make scoring look so easy...I wish our O was like that again.

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Milan View Post
    The Colts and Patriots make scoring look so easy...I wish our O was like that again.
    I'm watching the Patriots game now and they are a freakin machine, I hate them but you have to give them credit for how easy they are making it look.

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Milan View Post
    You will need an offensive line that can block.

The Qb's on those 2 teams are rarely touched or pressured.

They virtually have all day in the pocket.

It is odd that, in a league which claims parity, only 2 of 32 teams have players that can block.

Truth is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ferter View Post
    It is odd that, in a league which claims parity, only 2 of 32 teams have players that can block.
    It's interesting that you brought that up. I think that many people have the wrong idea about "parity" . What we have now is a league that has salary caps. The salary cap makes it impossible for teams to hoard the "top talent" of the league. However, it doesn't make all teams equal. Not even close. What has become more and more important is having an organization that is very good at evaluating talent. The top teams have GMs and coaching staffs that do a very good job of evaluating talent. That's not just free agent talent, but drafted and undrafted talent as well. The elite teams remain at or close to the top because they can evaluate talent, and in doing so they keep themselves out of cap problems. Isn't it amazing how deep some rosters seem.

What irritates me about the Rams organization is our inability to evluate talent. we overpay FA and lose productive players because we're not willing to pay before they become FAs. I think it was Shaw who said that it was too expensive to be a championship team very year. What the heck is that all about? I can really see how the Patriots are suffering with all their success.

At any rate, parity means nothing without talent in the FO. We lack that. I will also be surprised if we could attract a quality HC without a FO that has the talent and will to win.
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

THoltDaBest81 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenWing View Post
    Bad loss? Not really, loss, certainly.

The offense was much better, Marc looked alot more like himself (310 yards, 1td and 1int that wasn't really his fault).

The Defense lost this game. They play like they did all year, we would have won the game. Instead they give up td after td and field goals and well...no win.
    The game changed when the D gave up the 3rd and 17 and it got even worse when they gave up a 3rd and 16 after that...

Ram Dragoon is offline Registered User

The ONLY moral victory worth talking about is one where principle, integrety, and honor at stake. None was the case today. A thumping is a thumbing, its only a matter of what color the bruise is that distinguishs how bad you got throttled.

If there is some silver lining here, its that Clevenland is much better then they where years before. A few weeks ago it was an artillery duel they won over the Bangles. In theory the Rams could have been shelled. The Rams actually scored TDs. Now if the Rams had put forth this effort agains the Hawks/Frisco it would be 2-6.

However, waking up and smelling the dog poo in the corner. Today shows just how much the D needs to improve; shows how much the Rams need S. Jackson (need as in a bad way); and proves something stinks bad in play calling.

The only question I am left to ponder right now about today, was it more a failure to excute plays, or the plays themselves that lead to this thumping

thoey is offline Registered User

Umm... Is there such a thing as a GOOD loss? At 0-8, I guess they get worse the later in the season we go, but they all suck.
    This space for rent...

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Dragoon View Post

If there is some silver lining here, its that Clevenland is much better then they where years before. A few weeks ago it was an artillery duel they won over the Bangles. In theory the Rams could have been shelled. The Rams actually scored TDs. Now if the Rams had put forth this effort agains the Hawks/Frisco it would be 2-6.

However, waking up and smelling the dog poo in the corner. Today shows just how much the D needs to improve; shows how much the Rams need S. Jackson (need as in a bad way); and proves something stinks bad in play calling.

The only question I am left to ponder right now about today, was it more a failure to excute plays, or the plays themselves that lead to this thumping

We were dominating the Browns on the offensive side of the ball until Jackson went out. The Browns are better than they have been in the past but they're still along way from being a contender. Their defense is horrible.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast