ZigZagRam is offline Registered User

Another Offseason Query

Here's the deal. You're given an offer from a powerful sorceror who controls the fate of the NFL. He tells you that since the Rams were going to win the Super Bowl this year anyway, he's letting you choose the playoff scenario in which they do it.

In other words, you pick the teams they beat in all 4 games (including Wild Card games). The only restriction is the conferences, so you can have all 3 NFC West teams if you really want to. Who do the Rams beat on the way to the Super Bowl and why?

Wild Card:
    Divisional:
    NFC Championship:
    Super Bowl:

Re: Another Offseason Query

Wild Card: Seattle - It would be nice to deny them a playoff win yet again.

Divisional: Atlanta - A little revenge from last year would be perfect.

NFC Championship: Arizona - I would love nothing more than to see Kurt Warner and Marc Bulger face off in the biggest game in the NFC.

Super Bowl: New England - This time, justice would be served.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Rams get #1 seed in playoffs, so they have a bye in round 1.

Divisional Round:

Rams: 28
    Cowbows: 0

Rams avenge big loss from 1978 Championship Game and put Bill Parcells into retirement.

NFC Championship:

Rams: 41
    Falcons: 7

Michael Vick throws 5 interceptions and is outrushed by Marc Bulger.

Super Bowl:

Rams: 55
    Patriots: 3

One dynasty ends in shame, as another rises in glory.

Super Bowl:

Let me guess, that kick came with 6 seconds left in the game, but there were still 2 seconds left on the clock for them to attempt an onsides kick.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Wildcard round
    #6 Seahawks (9-7) @ #3 Rams (11-5)

Jackson runs wild (154 yards, 3 TDs) as Martz', with his new-found ground game, beats the Seahawks for the 7th consecutive time. Hawks lone bright spot is 6 FGs (54, 52, 46, 35, 34, 34) from Josh Brown.

Rams 38
    Hawks 18

Divisional round
    #3 Rams (12-5) @ #2 Vikings (13-4)

The Vikings dominant pass rush is silenced by the Rams rejuvenated O-line, as Bulger picks apart the Vikings exposed secondary. Holt, Bruce, and Curtis all eclipse 100 yards for the day. But the highlight of the day is the Vikings first play from scrimmage, Chris Claiborne picks off Culpepper and runs the ball back 40 yards for the first score of the game. In an attempt to bring down the 260 lb backer, Troy Williamson breaks his collar-bone and is sidelined for the rest of the game.

Rams 24
    Vikings 10

Conference Championship
    #3 Rams (13-5) @ #1 Eagles (13-4)

In an old-fashioned pitcher's dual, the Eagles D is the first to crack as Stephen Jackson's persistence and Mike Martz' utilization of 4 and even 5 receiver sets with Faulk keeps the Eagles guessing well into the 4th quarter until Andy Reid finally guesses wrong, and gives up a 35 yard run to Stephen Jackson for the only TD of the game.

Rams 10
    Eagles 3

Superbowl XL
    #3 Rams (14-5) @ #1 Patriots (18-0)

With the first perfect season in 34 years on the line, the Patriots are only 4 quarters from achieving history and solidifying their place in history. The only obstacle in their way is the St. Louis Rams. After 3 quarters, the Rams D has stifled the Patriots and rattled Tom Brady to levels of frustration that he has never known. The score after the 3rd is Rams 17 - Pats 3. However, after several questionable calls and non-calls from Bernie Kukar's crew, the Pats pull the score back to a tie with only seconds remaining. The Rams drive to the Pats 40 with a sideline catch by Bruce as he falls out of bounds with :10 seconds left. However, Kukar let the clock run until the mistake became obvious and was stopped by the time-keeper with :01 second left. Instead of going for the 57 yard FG, Martz decides to line-up for the score. As the ball is snapped, Bulger immediately sees his mismatch and launches the ball towards the end-zone as Kevin Curtis runs past Rodney Harrison. With two full steps between Curtis and Harrison, Curtis makes the catch and crosses the goal-line for the win.

Rams 23
    Pats 17
    Last edited by HUbison; -07-02-2005 at 12:34 PM.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

-Wild Card: Seattle. As Zig said, it'd be nice to deny them another playoff win, though since we'll be better, the scene of the crime will be the Ed instead.

-Divisional: Atlanta. Revenge for last season as Steven Jackson runs for 150+ yards against the Falcons defense, and the Rams score two defensive TDs on poor Vick throws.

-Conference: Philadelphia. The Rams once again deny the Eagles a chance to win a Super Bowl by repeating this 2001 game with the same result.

-Super Bowl: Patriots. This time it's not even close as the Pat defenders are forced to keep their hands off five yards from the LOS, and thus can't contain the Rams' offense.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

psycho9985 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    Rams get #1 seed in playoffs, so they have a bye in round 1.

Divisional Round:

Rams: 28
    Cowbows: 0

Rams avenge big loss from 1978 Championship Game and put Bill Parcells into retirement.

NFC Championship:

Rams: 41
    Falcons: 7

Michael Vick throws 5 interceptions and is outrushed by Marc Bulger.

Super Bowl:

Yes I agree then in 2006 we get revenge on the steelers 31-19
    My heart beats crazy and my blood runs wild

Hey Nick. Your scenario could have been played out in 2004. Dunno if you noticed.

I was thinking along the same lines but then I realized that I didn't really want the Eagles to make the playoffs at all because of Motor Mouth.

RamTime Guest

Since there are few 49er fans left in 49er country (They ain't called bandwagon for nothing) and the ones that are left are true 49er fans most of which don't give me a bad time when the Rams lose so I respect that by returning the favor it has become somewhat anti climatic to beat up on them so I'll go with Avengers road to the ring however I want 72 points. Hey the Rams scored 72 points against the Colts so why not the Pustriots?