HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Another reason for Dave Checketts

Most of us know that Dave Checketts headed an investment group that purchased the St. Louis Blues in 2006. Checketts bought the team from then-owners Bill & Nancy Laurie.

Nancy Laurie's maiden name was Walton; as in daughter of Bud Walton, niece of Sam Walton.

Nancy Walton Laurie has a sister named Ann.

Ann Walton's married name...........Ann Kroenke.

Yes, Ann is married to Rams minority owner, Stan Kroenke.

The Blues deal was between Checketts and Kroenke's sister-in-law.

In business, relationships mean a lot. If the Lauries like Checketts, that could bode well for him trying to acquire an interest in Kroenke's team.

"Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

rNemesis is offline Registered User

Re: Another reason for Dave Checketts

once again i reiterate, what the hell is this guy trying to buy us for? I mean my goodness the guy owns the st louis blues, one of the worst hockey teams. Why should we have any reason to believe he will turn this franchise around? This guy knows nothing about football, so he needs to move on and find another team to buy. I have never heard of this guy before in my life.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Because after he purchased the Blues they made a rather dramatic run to the playoffs last year. I believe that they either made it or almost made it but the turnaround was dramatic.

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rNemesis View Post
    once again i reiterate, what the hell is this guy trying to buy us for? I mean my goodness the guy owns the st louis blues, one of the worst hockey teams. Why should we have any reason to believe he will turn this franchise around? This guy knows nothing about football, so he needs to move on and find another team to buy. I have never heard of this guy before in my life.
    so youve never heard of the guy in your life but you think it would be a bad move because "he knows nothing about football"

how do you come up with that when youve never heard of him until now?

he took over the Blues when they WERE one of the worst hockey teams and he turned them into one of the best..in hiring the right people to do the job.

he also was the youngest GM in the history of the NBA when at 28 he took over the Utah Jazz. and has owned the New York Knicks.

he knows what to do when owner of a Pro Sports team..which is let the GM do the job he`s hired to do and give him the money he needs when he needs it to be succesful.

jkramsfan Guest

you might want to rethink your stance on the Blues, they happen to be very good and they sell out there home games, ever been to a Blues home game ? I have a couple of times and the building is electric,just like the dome during the GSOT days,now don't you want the Rams games to get back to that,I think Checketts is the perfect choice to buy the Rams.

AlphaRam Guest

I don't give a damn who buys the team as long as we can start winning. At least it wasn't until the second half last week before my hopes were dashed...today, only about 7 minutes.

ramhomer Guest

Um us? what percentage of the team do you own? Be real, how much worse can this team get.You state you dont even know who this guy is yet you know he would be bad for this team. ANYONE willing to put up millions of dollars,even Rush for this team couldnt possibly make them worse could they? Better hurry up and sell your stake before the Rams do something stupid on the management side.

Ram Dragoon is offline Registered User

Reality check!

Regardless who ends up as owner there are a few facts we need to keep in mind.

The Rams are not the most popular NFL teams in terms of a fan base. There are lots of Cowboy/Redskin/Steeler and dare I say Raider fans. Keeping that in mind, the Rams still are a "business"--no one starts or buys a business with the idea of going bankrupt. Hense, whoever owns the Rams HAS to put a winning product on the field.

A lot of discussion about taking the Rams back to L.A. But with this potentual new owner the Rams likely would still be in St. Louis. I see staying in St Louis as a potentual good thing. True its a smaller market--but all the more reason why the Rams have to put a good product on the field.

Lastly, if your a Ram fan your already one of the true diehard fans rathter then a fair weather fan that hitch a ride on the coats of the winning teams--dare I mention the Cardnials in this text