throwback week

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Another reason to hate the Pats' P.R. machine

Have you guys noticed the difference (other than the outcome) between SB 36 & SB 42?

When the 11-5 Pats beat the 14-2 Rams, it was the...........GREATEST UPSET IN THE HISTORY OF FOOTBALL!!!

But when the 10-6 Giants beat the 16-0 Pats, it was the...........hey, when's the draft?

What the flip?!??! Where's all the GUITHOF talk?

"Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Mooselini Guest

Re: Another reason to hate the Pats' PR machine

The Patriots are America's team. People all over the world know the Patriots...

VegasRam is offline Ram MVP

Two reasons, HUB.

1. The Rams WERE THAT GOOD. They WERE unbeatable, and if not for the muggings, would not have lost. Pats are good, but face it, their O was Brady - Moss, ad nauseum. The Rams had 10 different ways to go, and used them all.

2. It was the Patriot - 911 connection. Scoff if you want, but it was there.

That said, other than 1999, this last SB was the most satisfying game I've ever seen.

I've never considered myself vindictive, but karma is karma, and 18-1 could not have happened to a more deserving team.

It STILL feels good, everytime I think about it.
    Last edited by VegasRam; -05-28-2008 at 06:19 PM. Reason: spelling
    "the Heart Lies and the Head Plays Tricks with us, but the Eyes See True".

rammiser is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by VegasRam View Post
    Two reasons, HUB.

1. The Rams WERE THAT GOOD. They WERE unbeatable, and if not for the muggings, would not have lost. Pats are good, but face it, their O was Brady - Moss, ad nauseum. The Rams had 10 different ways to go, and used them all.

That said, other than 1999, this last SB was the most satisfying game I've ever seen.

I've never considered myself vindictive, but karma is karma, and 18-1 could not have happened to a more deserving team.

It STILL feels good, everytime I think about it.
    Great post and I couldnt have said it better. I feel exactly the same way. 9-11 and the Superbowl went hand in hand with the Patriots of all teams winning. Tuck rule, that was a fumble all of the years I ever watched football but not the 9-11 year it was a tuck rule. Then mugging Marshall every down of every play because they knew it wouldnt be called come on. I agree karma is a B***** and 18-1* sounds so sweet. Next to the Whiners the Patsies are 2nd in line of team hatred.
    Just Fix It

eric2810 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Mooselini View Post
    The Patriots are America's team. People all over the world know the Patriots...
    I have to disagree. I still give it to the Cowboys. Yes the Patriots have the colors, the name, but when it comes to football, its still the Cowboys.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by VegasRam View Post
    I agree, although watching the Faiders get pummeled by Tampa Bay in SB 37 is right there with the Giants derailing the Pats perfect season for me.

Quote Originally Posted by eric2810 View Post
    I have to disagree. I still give it to the Cowboys. Yes the Patriots have the colors, the name, but when it comes to football, its still the Cowboys.
    Yeah, but when it comes to the Super Bowl these days, it's still the Patriots. When's the last time the Cowboys were in the Super Bowl?

ramsanddodgers is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post

Yeah, but when it comes to the Super Bowl these days, it's still the Patriots. When's the last time the Cowboys were in the Super Bowl?

I heard on the radio that if you had a Freshman in college they had never seen the plowboys win a play-off game.

Kinda kewl, eh?
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by ramsanddodgers View Post
    I heard on the radio that if you had a Freshman in college they had never seen the plowboys win a play-off game.

Kinda kewl, eh?
    Ya gotta love stats!

Quote Originally Posted by ramsanddodgers View Post

Kinda kewl, eh?
    That 12-year-old college freshman must be the youngest collegian in the nation.

The boys beat the Vikes in the first round of the '96 playoffs.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Re: Another reason to hate the Pats' P.R. machine

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas
    Honestly, Vegas, I was suprised the NFL allowed us to beat Philly in the NFC Championship. I figured a Patriots-Eagles SB after 9/11 would have sounded pretty good to the nation.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    That 12-year-old college freshman must be the youngest collegian in the nation.

The boys beat the Vikes in the first round of the '96 playoffs.
    Show how old I am I almost said "I knew they had won a playoff game recently" until I did the math.

When you can remember "The Lone Ranger" on every morning before you went to school.....you are gearing up for that AARP card.

HI Ho Silver......

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

There are 9 year old kids who can't remember the Patriots not cheating.

BIG-BLUE is online now Registered User

Have you guys noticed the difference (other than the outcome) between SB 36 & SB 42?

When the 11-5 Pats beat the 14-2 Rams, it was the...........GREATEST UPSET IN THE HISTORY OF FOOTBALL!!!

But when the 10-6 Giants beat the 16-0 Pats, it was the...........hey, when's the draft?

When the Rams were robbed of the super bowl title, it was David beating Golieth, A miracle, The Red White & Blue standing tall, its what the nation wanted at the time. Now when the Giants beat the Cheatriots The whole spygate thing was out & in full swing with all the rumors of more cheating, the tide had turned & the nation now was wanting to see the cheatriots & their cheating ways buried under the carpet so to speak(hush hush). We can't have all this Red White & Blue miracle looking like a bunch of cheating thievies, now can we?

laram0 is online now Superbowl MVP

Just what I need another reason to hate the Patriots. My 5 lb bag of reasons now has 10 lbs in it!

general counsel is offline Registered User

Well HUBISON, we wouldnt have beaten the eagles in the nfc title game had it not been for two crucial considerations. First, we got VERY VERY lucky to recover the second half kickoff, which we fumbled.

Second, in his GREATEST play calling series ever, Mad Mike Martz handed the ball off about 13 times in a row to Marshall as the team got on Faulk's back and ran the ball down the eagles throats early in the second half. That series changed the game and it was all faulk and the o line. NOt big plays, no GSOT, just smashmouth football. If martz had only taken the same approach in the superbowl, there is NO WAY that we lose that game, regardless of the refs. The pats would have had to bring guys up into the box and then we would have torched them down the field.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast