Tony Soprano Guest

Another Sellout - Owner / ORG. says why do have to Change anything?

The Owner and the Front office aren't that stupid.

They would've made changes some time ago if it would've affected their pocketbooks.

Hey - but look at the Product they field - and the Sellouts continue!

Someone is laughing all the way to the Bank!

The Fans can only vote with their wallets and Feet - but they obviously continue to support this Mess.

Linehan will be allowed to destroy the small group of Good Players we have left - as the money is coming in and there will be no urgency to see that he is stopped.

Don't worry about rushing to the Game, as long as they see they can bank the Big Bucks no matter what kind of team they field - they'll be plenty more of this kind of play to go around.

Last edited by Tony Soprano; -09-27-2008 at 02:32 AM.

Marc Bulger Fan is offline Awaiting Email Conformation

Re: Another Sellout - Owner / ORG. says why do have to Change anything?

I think even though it's a sell out not many ppl will show up. If they do it's only gonna be to voice their opinions that Linehan needs to go. If we end up w/ another blow out like the first three weeks of season it could get pretty ugly in there. I really think we are gonna get blow out again, until Linehan is gone nothing is gonna change. No matter what moves he makes to save his own skin. Everyone see it for what it is.

blood85 Guest

It's inevitable....the clock is ticking for Linechoke.

eldfan is offline Registered User

The owner need to be a leader and change the direction of this team.
    :ramlogo:

general counsel is offline Registered User

The owner has no clue at all. Georgia was fossilized for several years before she died. Shaw has been running the team for 20 years. Did CHip ever show an interest in being involved with the team or has he been living his own life making films?

Shaw is not reportedly working primarily on georgia's estate. Thus, ziggy is running the team. He is a lawyer, not a football guy. Its a joke.

If chip wanted to show leadership or involvement as an owner, he would have stopped ziggy from making the decision over $1 million on isaac bruce, if for no other reason based on Bruce's long contributions to the team. They could have kept bruce and cut looker. The move saved the team a couple of million dollars, thats it.

Bottom line is that chip is going to need to sell the team to pay the taxes. He does not have the background or training to run a football team. He needs an advisor to listen to, or his investment will devalue, which i am sure it has already based on general economic conditions and the credit markets.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

AlphaRam Guest

Even with the sale of tickets, merchandise sales have to be way down. I bet the money from the hats, t-shirts, jerseys, hammers, toilet seat covers, shower curtains, contact lens, etc...etc...etc...are still the greatest revenue generator for the Rams.

I am sure that the people that do not show up on Sundays do hurt concession sales and merchandise sales at the stadium. I do not know how much the Rams get of that cut.

rammiser is offline Registered User

Rams fans didnt sell this game out Buffalo fans did. So if that's the way the front office wants it to be thats just disgusting. Buffalo just added another home game to their schedule.
    Just Fix It

Truth is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    The owner has no clue at all. Georgia was fossilized for several years before she died. Shaw has been running the team for 20 years. Did CHip ever show an interest in being involved with the team or has he been living his own life making films?

Shaw is not reportedly working primarily on georgia's estate. Thus, ziggy is running the team. He is a lawyer, not a football guy. Its a joke.

If chip wanted to show leadership or involvement as an owner, he would have stopped ziggy from making the decision over $1 million on isaac bruce, if for no other reason based on Bruce's long contributions to the team. They could have kept bruce and cut looker. The move saved the team a couple of million dollars, thats it.

Bottom line is that chip is going to need to sell the team to pay the taxes. He does not have the background or training to run a football team. He needs an advisor to listen to, or his investment will devalue, which i am sure it has already based on general economic conditions and the credit markets.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    Even before she was a fossil, she was a weasel. She inheritted 70% of the team to create a tax break. Carroll never intended on her having control of his team. He had groomed his son Steve to run the team. Soon after Carroll died, Georgia fired Steve, and in just over a year was re-married.

I don't believe Georgia or her minions have EVER been about winning championships. They're about money. She took the team that went to the Superbowl and dismantled it. I've always believed that was a payroll issue. We spent the 80's never quite getting over the hump, and we all know what the 90's were like.

I also don't believe that Chip has any real interest in running this team. I don't think that Chip will do much to change the status quo in the FO (I'd love him to prove me wrong). Will Linehan be replaced? Probably. Even our inept FO knows they have to do something to placate the fan base. Will they spend the money or give up the control it will take to attract a top level coach. I doubt that VERY seriously. Even D'marco Farr's recent comments eluded to the FO issues I just wrote about:

-I think the Rams job is one of the more difficult jobs in pro football, not many people know about that fact. Sure we all hear about how difficult it is to be the head coach of the Raiders because of Al Davis but, he's not the only owner that interferes with coaching. You have to be special to succeed as the head coach of the St. Louis Rams.

I've been begging for this team to be sold for at least 20 years. I know there are many that think Chip will be different. Why? Has he moved to St Louis, and become an active leader in the organization? Has he told the world that he's decided to give up producing movies to spend more time running the Rams? No and no. He said one thing, "...if we don't win, there'll be some big changes." , And that was enopugh to have some on this board giddy as little school girls. While firing Linehan would be a big change, I don't believe that this owner, or the FO he inheritted are capable of making the changes they need to. PLEASE PROVE ME WRONG. I beg you, prove me wrong.
    Last edited by Truth; -09-27-2008 at 11:32 AM.
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!