RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Another week, and there is STILL hope ...

Back from the road guys. I didn't get to see the game live but was able to listen to it due to modern technology :-) I also got to see some of the highlights when I got home ...

That game was ripe for the taking: unfortunately we were singlehandedly buried by Gus "it's time to hang it up" Frerotte. This guy is absolutely terrible. I won't even talk about his last four picks: we can sum up his day with the first. Linehan called a brilliant play action pass, and had the entire Raven's defense shift to the left side of the field. Frerotte rolled out, Bennet had five yards on his man, and Frerotte underthrew him ten yards. I don't care if it were on the run or not, I don't think Bulger misses that pass. More importantly, I don't think Ryan Fitzpatrick misses that pass either: boy did I miss him this week, I think he could have pulled this game off.

Take a look at the standings:

Arizona 3-3
    Seattle 3-3
    S.F. 2-3
    StL 0-6

S.F. is at NY Giants and Zona is at Washington. Both could lose those games. A win over Seattle and we have:

Arizona 3-4
    Seattle 3-4
    S.F. 2-5
    StL 1-6

Ridiculous. Every loss you would think puts us in a bigger hole, then everyone else loses. Hope is still alive!

Seattle looks terrible. They can't run the ball, nor can they stop the run. If Bulger and Jax are both back this week, I'll feel alot better about our chances ....

Here's a list of players that need to be gone today: Frerotte, Klopfenstein, Glover, Walls, and Wilkens - Yes, I said Wilkins. They are just taking up good space, and there are better younger players to be had in their spots ...

Didn't see much of the Hagans and Byrd highlights, but 9 catches and 120 yards between the two seems like some pretty darn good production to me. Nice to see Byrd getting a shot. If he can stay out of trouble, he could be big-time for us.

The article by Bernie was the most ridiculous thing I've read in a long, long time. He obviously does not watch the games, and is not very creative if that is all he can come up. The defensive numbers have been inflated because of our very poor offense. But, hey, what should we expect from this idiot? And yes, I'd be man enough to say that to him ....

Take away the Dallas game, and check out these defensive numbers:

305.6 YPG - good for 9th in the league
    127.6 RushPG - good for 23rd in the league
    177.8 PassPG - good for 3rd in the league

We are giving up 4.2 Yards per rush overall, much better than years past.

Great game defensively once again. This unit is energized and fired up. Somebody get in their ear and let them know they need to play from start to finish, and they do. They are giving the effort on every play. Going an entire game with the opponent's long gain being 28 yards is a victory in my book. If we can get a little more pressure up front, it'll only get better ...

Clifton Ryan is on pace for 50 tackles, 5.0 sacks, 3 Tckl for Loss, and 7 forced fumbles and he barely plays 40% of the downs!

Did I mention Bulger and Jax should be back next week? That excites me a little. Here we come Seattle ...

I assume it'll be Holt and Hagans starting with Bennett out now. Lets see what Hagans can do in the spotlight ...

Anyone else in love with our two young defensive tackles, Ryan and Carriker? What a wrecking ball tandem they are going to be for years and years to come. It seemed like we were in the Raven's backfield all day yesterday ...

There was an article about how this team can quickly turn it around next year. With the great improvements on defense, and a healthy offense, I think this team can go a long way. We have most of the tools in place: we need a young stud safety, and some depth all around.

I, for one, am very excited for next week. Seattle has been exposed and they are extremely vulnerable right now. Alexander couldn't run his way out of an open cardboard box ...

Go Rams! And keep believing!
    Last edited by RamsInfiniti; -10-15-2007 at 01:04 PM. Reason: Added a note on Clifton

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Another week, and there is STILL hope ...

Great post. I'm with you on the still believing and GO RAMS side!!!!!

We're not dead yet.......:r

Rambos is offline Registered User

Walls is already gone, cut him last week.

Wilkens...not buying that sorry everyone has a few bad games.

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Well, that makes my day!

dramswin13 is offline Registered User

I was thinking the same thing just before I logged in.

Go Rams, We ain't dead yet!!

Varg6 is offline Registered User

I hate to say it, but Vinateri is one of the best kickers to ever play the game, and the Pats got rid of him and found someone that is damn good. I hate to say it, but we can do the same (IF he keeps up his struggling)

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams