Varg6 is offline Registered User

Answer my question

After the first 4 games, what was our record?

And after that, how well did we do?

I can be a negative person with the Rams, but I'm still giving them a few more weeks.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Dwight Frye is offline Registered User

Re: Answer my question

Yep. The season isn't over yet and as disgusted as I am with the ABYSMAL offense, Steussie and Cogs should bring MUCH needed help to the line soon. I think the 'D' is MUCH improved over last year, and with the return of Hill, Brown and Tino, should be better still. With all these starters returning, coupled with a little OPEN MINDEDNESS (hint) from Olsen, things should get better soon.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Thanks, V6. That is a GOOD question! :bash:

And that's the challenge we as fans must take in order to stand by our team. We acknowlege our faults, we even criticize our coaches and players sometimes but in the end, if we go through even tougher times ... we -- most of us -- sit tight or jump high with our little Rams banner, painted face, or player jersey to cheer them on.

Okay, or to boooo them if things get really lousy.

But we'll have to BELIEVE through a couple more weeks and hope, hope ... that things do in fact improve. Maybe it will be by getting the Cog back, maybe we'll have an effective Owens helping out the running game; or Gorin doing a nice job at RT.

Whatever combination of favorable factors, even if they are difficult to foresee right now, we have a chance to at least get back into the fight with bigger, stronger horns. And teeth! :bash:

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Exactly RealRam, new comers please read everything this man writes...

Honestly, I was quite disappointed last year because of the start we had. I'd much rather have us start slow and have some bad games and come back with confidence and victories. However, even if this season doesn't produce that, at least we knew what was coming from the start. We have some tough games ahead of us, but none of us know what any of these guys are doing in practice, whether it is good or bad production in practice. There could be a breakout game offensively for guys like Jackson and Bulger, there is no reason why they shouldn't have one in the next few games anyways. My only criticism, and I've been saying this for a LONG time is the defense. Now it isn't the defense, its what the defense does after a certain point: They give up (And usually VERY easily). As a Rams fan, that is really depressing, and that is something Linehan has to instill in the offense and defense, keep fighting. I read or heard (I forget, really) that Kitna will keep playing his heart out until the game is over regardless of the score. I honestly don't think we have any of that character or mentality for most if not all of the players. That is something that bothers me more than anything, even losses.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

fearlessone is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Varg6 View Post
    Exactly RealRam, new comers please read everything this man writes...

Honestly, I was quite disappointed last year because of the start we had. I'd much rather have us start slow and have some bad games and come back with confidence and victories. However, even if this season doesn't produce that, at least we knew what was coming from the start. We have some tough games ahead of us, but none of us know what any of these guys are doing in practice, whether it is good or bad production in practice. There could be a breakout game offensively for guys like Jackson and Bulger, there is no reason why they shouldn't have one in the next few games anyways. My only criticism, and I've been saying this for a LONG time is the defense. Now it isn't the defense, its what the defense does after a certain point: They give up (And usually VERY easily). As a Rams fan, that is really depressing, and that is something Linehan has to instill in the offense and defense, keep fighting. I read or heard (I forget, really) that Kitna will keep playing his heart out until the game is over regardless of the score. I honestly don't think we have any of that character or mentality for most if not all of the players. That is something that bothers me more than anything, even losses.
    I completely agree with most of your post. I have to think that even before/during our injury wave that the playcalling and the soft defense must be getting to some of our better players.

Is Bruce really a 2nd or third receiver. Where is our speed in our WR corps? Did you see what our former Ram, Curtis, did today vs. the Lions? Was Bennett a great acquisition.

Linesham v. Martz. Right now I would take MArtz. 3 pts:\:\:\

On TB's third TD our secondary just watched Graham run it in except for some sort of studderr step attempt. THe DB or ? should be fined a week of pay for that more than dismal effort.

I would start pointing at Linesham as I was never impressed with his credentials before he got there although a lot of the regulars spewed "GLOSS" upon his background as they may have been so happy to get rid of MM.

Injuries or not our team sux and Linesham is to blame.

V-6 Do we have any more than one Linebacker that has heart on our team?

My Bayou Bengal Tigers are kicking hiney all over the place so I may start playing golf on Sundays.

I hate Golf!:\:\:\
    Socrates: Surf to live! and Live to Surf!