Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Antonio Pittman - please read if you didn't watch the game (or even if you did)

Do not judge this guys game by the numbers you see in the stat sheet. I've never seen an offensive line get so overwhelmed in the running game and it led to Pittman being stuffed without a chance many, many time ...

The guy ran very, very hard all day. And when he did have a chance, he flashed some great ability to take initial contact, bounce off, and make some nice cuts. He looked very fast today in the open field, and made some superb moves on a screen pass in the second half to fight hard for a first down ...

The number don't tell the whole story for this guy. The announcers seem to think we need a new backup running back, yet I beg to differ. Jackson would have had no more success than Pittman and Darby did today behind this horrible line ...

I think Pittman has a solid future here. But we're likely to let him go, like we have so many others, and he'll probably go on to be a 1000 yard back for another team ...

SFCRamFan is offline Registered User

Re: Antonio Pittman - please read if you didn't watch the game (or even if you did)

I agree and think that he can be solid behind some blocking. In addition, I would like for us to resign Darby. For the little time that he has had to prepare and play for us, I like his burst and strength.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SJax, a developing quarterbacks best friend...

Tony Soprano is offline Registered User

Re: Antonio Pittman - please read if you didn't watch the game (or even if you did)

NINE Running attempts for Eight yards.

Just sayin...

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Soprano View Post
    NINE Running attempts for Eight yards.

Just sayin...
    Did you watch the game?

Pittman had rushes of -3, -4, -5, and -5. Leaving 4 carries for 25 yards when there wasn't a multitude of Bears in the backfield ...

All of these plays had a Bear blowing it up in the backfield almost immediately after taking the handoff ....

What was Pittman, or anybody else, to do?

unorthodox1999 is offline Registered User

yes, i think jackson lacks what Pittman has, and thats a very strong cutback...hes able to plant and take off very quickly and his ethic is something we cant take for granted..we'd be dumb to let him go, wait, let me stop saying WE..it would be very dumb on behalf of the organization to let him go(while sadly fitting the pattern of bad roster moves) and he would be very successful somewhere else

.I have a friend whos a saints fan and was bragging about him last year. Little did he know he had signed with STL and came out with a good game against the saints. Anyway, at this point it almost seems like we dont deserve him. I'll enjoy him while hes here, and if we get rid of him it'd be one more thing to be disappointed in
    Last edited by unorthodox1999; -11-23-2008 at 08:44 PM.

CaliGirlRamsFan is offline Registered User

I gotta go pass some rep around so I can rep RI. Who want's some?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit myspace.com/polejox

Mission accomplished.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Did you guy's see the video I put up in the video section? We will be that again some day. I believe!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RockinRam is offline Registered User

I bet even Marshall Faulk couldn't get any rushing yards with this pathetic run blocking.

Pathetic. And I thought linemen enjoyed run blocking? Guess we can't say that for us.

I have yet to see a game in which we can actually provide consistent run blocking for Pittman or anyone in the backfield.

makersncoke is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by SFCRamFan View Post
    I agree and think that he can be solid behind some blocking. In addition, I would like for us to resign Darby. For the little time that he has had to prepare and play for us, I like his burst and strength.
    We have the opportunity to have what the Giants have and that's a 3 back attack with Jackson, Pittman and Darby. They all bring different styles of running to the game that can really mess up a defense. Now if we only had a line that could block we would have something.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

general counsel is offline Registered User

I dont see him as a feature back running for 1000 yards, but i agree he is a reasonably capable backup and he does run hard. What he lacks is any acceleration to get around the corner.

Today, neither Jim Brown, OJ Simpson or Marshall Faulk could have gained yardage behind the seven blocks of silly putty (ie the Rams offensive line). You obviously cant be an effective running back when you are repeatedly getting clobbered three yards BEHIND the line of scrimmage.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

blood85 is offline Registered User

Line blocking, what line blocking??? I didn't even know we had an O line...

Quote Originally Posted by makersncoke View Post
    We have the opportunity to have what the Giants have and that's a 3 back attack with Jackson, Pittman and Darby. They all bring different styles of running to the game that can really mess up a defense. Now if we only had a line that could block we would have something.
    I could only hope this is the trio we bring into next season. Jackson and Pittman present different running styles that could cause problems for opposing defenses. Darby is an excellent receiver out of the backfield and he can pick up the blitz. Would be nice to have three capable backs for a change.

Nick_Weasel is offline Registered User

Agree with others that Pittman was a pretty good catch. I really hope we re-sign him long-term.

eldfan is offline Registered User

I would like to see us get a back with some top speed some lighting yo SJ thunder if he can ever play.
    :ramlogo:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast