coy bacon is offline Registered User

Any good players out there?

I'm not knee deep into how all of this works, but I expected to see some good quality players from other teams released. But I haven't heard about any becoming available.

Did anyone of consequence w/r to the Ram's needs get cut from other teams? It seemed like last season there were several but now there seems to be zilch.

??

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Any good players out there?

What need do we have that's so glaring that a pre-season cut is going to fix, and what player would you get rid of on our 53-man roster to make such an addition?
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

general counsel Guest

Part of this depends on whether you think that kennedy goes on IR if we find a defensive tackle that we like. I dont consider myself that knowledgeable on other teams, but i sure didnt see anything that looked very good on the waiver wire at defensive tackle.

general counsel

Reborn Guest

God I hate people that answer a question with a question. It is so damn condescending.

At least answer him Nick and then ask the question.

Reborn

Quote Originally Posted by Reborn
    God I hate people that answer a question with a question. It is so damn condescending.

At least answer him Nick and then ask the question.
    ...yet it's perfectly okay to come into a thread and flame someone's response. Go figure. At least answer the question yourself if you're going to criticize someone for not doing so. :bored:

Anyways, so Trout doesn't twist his panties any more than necessary, considering we're going to have to take someone off the roster before this weekend anyways to make room for Pace -- and the Rams seem as if they want to keep Fisher and Kennedy off IR since they expect both back in mid to late November -- I don't necessarily see the need to go out and grab someone off waivers and force ourselves to release two players.

For those that think we need help on the defensive line still, guys like Kenny Holmes or Bryan Robinson are available last I checked. The Giants released Solomon Page, Buffalo released LB Jason Gildon, the Jets released TE Michael Ricks, the Ravens released CB/returner Lamont Brightful, the Broncos released TEs Jed Weaver and Byron Chamberlain, the Raiders released LB Dwayne Rudd, and the Chargers released S Kwamie Lassiter. However, I don't feel any of these players would provide enough to warrant cutting someone currently on the roster.

You have to consider that at this point, we're talking about bringing in guys who don't know our schemes and calls. Therefore, the person would have to be pretty good to be expected to make any immediate impact. So unless we're looking for depth -- which we have plenty of right now IMO -- then there's not much to consider right now.

coy bacon is offline Registered User

Thanks Trout. Thanks Nick.

What prompted me to ask this was I remember last year Lawyer Milloy being released by the Pats. So I was wondering if there were any like that available: a great player cut for money reasons, or personality problems with the coach, or perhaps he was viewed as too old or injured, like George. I was hoping we could get a proven player, who has some life left in him, and put him to work.

I'm not familiar with all our 53 players, but I assume that some are not the best, and was hoping that someone better from another team was cut that maybe we could pick.

In all team sports, frequently it is the 2nd string guys who win the games.

So, if some good DB was cut, maybe we could take him and let Coady go.

Reborn Guest

See how easy that was Nick. Thank you. I did not respond because I was waiting for somebody with more knowledge like yourself to answer the question :tongue:

Reborn

ZigZagRam is offline Registered User

OG Mike Compton. Who do we release? I dunno, Nutten? Randall?

I would imagine Randall will probably be released with Pace's spot on the roster becomes official, unless the Rams plan to IR Kennedy or Fisher.