general counsel is offline Registered User

Any leonard sightings?

Any news on leonard? He has now been gone a week and was wondering what is going on. We need him back and i think the team has been very understanding (again) under the circumstances.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

rampete is offline Registered User

Re: Any leonard sightings?

any team would've done the same thing...

no news is good news regarding little, under this circumstance...

dgr828 is offline Registered User

By Coincidence, The Same Situation Happened To The Jaguars' Defensive End Paul Spicer. His Brother Was Also Killed Recently, And He Took Time Off Last Week. Don't Know If He Missed Sunday's Game Against The Pittsburgh Steelers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ramhard is offline Registered User

Relax - should not be a rush

It's funny how people are judging and trying to rush Little. I wonder how many of us would go right back to work after our brother was KILLED! not dead from a disease, not in an accident, not dying from old age, but killed.

I may be a wuss, but I doubt I could have done much at work that week, and maybe for a while after that. So as long as it takes him to deal with it (and all the family stuff that comes along with such a tragedy) and be able to come back and contribute, I say let him be. If he shows he shows, if not then others have to step in.

thoey is offline Registered User

One of the other threads I read here this morning said that Little was expecting to be out again this week and be back ready to play after the bye week. It also said something about another brother that is getting ready to ship out to Iraq.

Between the two, that is a lot of stuff on LL's plate and mind.
    This space for rent...

general counsel is offline Registered User

No one ever said that there isnt a lot of stuff on his plate and on his mind. This is a difficult time for him and i was supportive at the margain of him not playing last week. My original point was that he owed it to the team and the organization to call them and let them know his plans, which he apparantly did by speaking with martz. the first reports of him being awol were not correct.

However, i would also tell you that personal adversity or not, i dont think taking two full weeks off under these circumstances is appropriate, given all the support that this organization has shown for leonard through some very very trying times. Just my opinion, but there has to be a line somewhere. This is a tragedy for sure, but i think that while the grieving process continues, he owes it to his teamates and the organization to rejoin the team without waiting until the bye week.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

ramhard is offline Registered User

Wow - GC

All I can say is wow GC. You're one tough cookie. The fact that the organization supported him in the past should not have any bearing on how fast he can help his family deal with this immense tragedy. I understand the idea of drawing the line, but to say that two weeks is enough is a tough call. I've never gotten any sense of Little that he is lazy, or that he hasn't played when hurt. So in the case I (as the employer) would give him the benefit of the doubt on his time (similar to holding out Bruce possibly until after the bye so that he is full and ready to go), so that when he is back he can concentrate on his job. Different people handle things differently...and it is very difficult for us to judge his situation. In cases such as these (and I've had to make these decisions as a manager), I lean toward allowing the employee leeway because if they are not fully refocused then they come back in body only and are not very productive or effective.

thoey is offline Registered User

Oh, I forgot to mention in my original post that it said that LL made his plans known to both Martz and Vitt.

If they are fine with it, I can't have a problem with it, whether I think it excessive or not.
    This space for rent...

LDJOHN55 is offline Registered User

RamHard,
    You are dead on target MyMan!!! (Here I go) Bear with me on this kind of stuff. I did 26 years in "The Suck' and I still see the faces & hear the voices of those who fell around me especially from tragedies. THIS WAS MR. LITTLE'S BROTHER, FLESH & BLOOD. I'm sure they shared special moments, hours, days, and years of intimate bonding that is being reflected upon now as his conscience is burning with the horror of the tragedy of how his life was snuffed out for a senseless reason. It doesn't go away at all and any organization that holds a clock to his head on this is totally disrespectful and anal. This is the time for good people skills.

Our athletes are not machines, although we wish they were at times (not breaking or showing any wear and tear) because we want them to do what we want, entertain us. If we have never placed our knees under his dinner table, then we don't know what goes on in his life and how this loss is affecting him. Let him grieve, take care of his OTHER FAMILY MEMBERS' PAIN TOO, and whatever financial assistance is necessary and he will return to us knowing that we RESPECT HIM. Otherwise, I believe this kind of maltreatment can cause him to step away from our franchise when the door opens on Free Agency. Hell, he could mentally quit on the field of battle. None of us want that.

The other warriors will have to step up once again to fill the void until he resumes his place in our ranks.

General Counsel, I feel you too. I'm not slinging rocks or arrows. In the words of TuPac, "I Ain't Mad Atcha."

Go Team Go!!!
    :clanram: