Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By sjacksonrules

Thread: Any plans for a Rams camp?

BM_Face is offline Registered User

Any plans for a Rams camp?

I was just listening to Sirius NFL and they were talking about Mark Sanchez leading a West-coast camp for Jet's players. This is a non-contact camp btw, just running plays and going over schemes.

Has anyone heard anything about a Rams camp? It seems like teams that are running these early camps will certainly have an advantage. Without coaches around, player-run camps provide excellent opportunities to develop leadership and build relationships with new players.

I would love to hear about some of our team leaders organizing some kind of workout or camp. Is there any reason our Rams should avoid this type of activity?
    Last edited by BM_Face; -05-04-2011 at 10:27 AM. Reason: Clarity

A defeated look of consternation, dissappointment, or even pain. The name derives from the look one often gets when challenged by a large BM.

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

Re: Any plans for a Rams camp?

Sammy and the receiving corps have been "practicing" in Texas/OK. I think Laurinaitis and some of the defense is working out in the STL.

On the radio Pettis said Bradford had already called him and let him know what they were doing.

We have a good solid nucleus of leaders, I'm not worried about any team having an advantage over us- especially in the NFC West, who are the Cardinals', Seahawks', and *****' QBs again?

sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

Yep defense and offense both are getting together.

As for a offical camp they haven't announced it yet where they are going to go. The are talking about going to SIU Carbondale. Which is less than 30 minutes from my house so you better believe ill be there every day of camp if they come.
    C-Mob 71 likes this.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Laurinaitis and Bartell are arranging getting together the D to practice in the St Louis area. Laurinatis is stepping up to take on a leadership role now that Atogwe has gone, and it seems like he is doing a decent job.

I know that Bradford is working out with the receivers in Texas, and i remember reading somewhere about the OL getting together but i don't know if thats in Texas as well. Jax seems to be going around the country at the moment working on some form of internship with Nike. Well thats what it seems like from his Twitter anyway!

KoaKoi is offline Registered User

Working out together and mtg up is great. you're a pro, should act like it.

When i read this post though, it appeared as if the issue was whether the Rams were getting together to beef up their knowledge re a specific scheme (ie. Sanchez teaching west coast style to peeps).

In Bradford's case, it's unfortunate that it's a new scheme... what's can you teach if you've never seen the new OC's playbook, much less met with him more than a few hours. I recall Cassell calling Bradford after McD's hiring and offering his guidance on that offense... i wonder with the lockout, if Bradford's called him & taken him up on that offer to start solidifying some basic understanding of McD's playbook & scheme principles. Get paid a lot of money and lots of incentives are loaded in those contracts, so here's to hoping Bradford is speaking to the people he's allowed to in order to get acclimated...

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

I don't think it is currently possible because i dont think the playbook will be finalised yet.
    Anyway, i would rather Bradford and the receivers just build a connection by passing the football and keeping fit, rather than learning a specific scheme right now.

Also, going by Hard Knocks last year i wouldnt have much faith in Sanchez being able to teach the Jets too much about their scheme!