throwback week

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Re: any possibility of recording and uploading Rams games?

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16
    For just posting the whole game so we can download it?
    There's a reason the NFL has a 30-second copyright speech toward the end of every game, and it's not just because the voice-over guy has nothing better to do.

The last thing I want to see is the Clan or any of its members get in hot water with the league for being a part of the distribution of game broadcasts. Even if someone else hosts the file and just posts a link on the Clan, that still makes the Clan a part of the distribution. It's one thing to copy and paste articles, upload pictures, or post clips from news broadcasts. It's an entirely different bag of chips to distribute a full game broadcast.

In the age of Napster, Kazza, Bit Torrent, etc etc, there's this wide assumption that you can just go download anything you want, no worries. The bottom line is there are legal concerns that need to be looked at and addressed. So "just posting the whole game so we can download it" is a much bigger issue than your statement implies, and it's a fine line that I think, as the administrator, Dez needs to green light before anyone does anything.

ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick
    There's a reason the NFL has a 30-second copyright speech toward the end of every game, and it's not just because the voice-over guy has nothing better to do.

The last thing I want to see is the Clan or any of its members get in hot water with the league for being a part of the distribution of game broadcasts. Even if someone else hosts the file and just posts a link on the Clan, that still makes the Clan a part of the distribution. It's one thing to copy and paste articles, upload pictures, or post clips from news broadcasts. It's an entirely different bag of chips to distribute a full game broadcast.

In the age of Napster, Kazza, Bit Torrent, etc etc, there's this wide assumption that you can just go download anything you want, no worries. The bottom line is there are legal concerns that need to be looked at and addressed. So "just posting the whole game so we can download it" is a much bigger issue than your statement implies, and it's a fine line that I think, as the administrator, Dez needs to green light before anyone does anything.
    Thats the thing im worried about, and its the only key issue for this. Although i would love to see the games, i wouldnt want to get the clan in hot water for copyright infringement as well as a whole host of other things.

With the number of file uploading sites on the web (megaupload springs to mind), the files would not need to be stored on the clanram server. Since people would be linking to other websites instead of the games being available on the clanram site itself, then i dont think think the NFL and the broadcasters have much of a case against clanram.

RAM-BO is offline Registered User

I would greatly appreciate if someone could do this. The only games I will be able to watch is the preseason games and the MNF game. Thats it. I think a fan of his team should be able to see more than 1 game of his team's regular season.

Adamjk is offline Registered User

If you go to www 'DOT' streamtvnow 'DOT' tv/board/index , they show '90% of NFL games throughout the regular season'. I just signed up the other day and managed to watch the game against the Colts last week, but they only show the preseason games that are shown nationally plus some games that are on certain local networks

You have to pay for subscription for the site - it's 9 Euros/ 6 / $11 for 3 months subscription
    Last edited by Adamjk; -08-19-2006 at 04:20 PM.

ramsbruce is online now Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247
    With the number of file uploading sites on the web (megaupload springs to mind), the files would not need to be stored on the clanram server. Since people would be linking to other websites instead of the games being available on the clanram site itself, then i dont think think the NFL and the broadcasters have much of a case against clanram.
    You are correct, posting links to another server does not implicate clanram in any way. The server hosting the site with the file on it could possibly be implicated but highly unlikely. I saw many football games posted on torrent sites last year, sometimes Ram games were there sometimes not so it wasn't consistent.

Whoever said they would use their server earlier in this thread, it's highly unlikely anything would happen especially if it was kept private with only people from here. Don't get me wrong there is always some risk but the RIAA/MPAA aren't going to waste their time going after some small FTP server, they are out to get the big sites

Quote Originally Posted by Adamjk
    If you go to www 'DOT' streamtvnow 'DOT' tv/board/index , they show '90% of NFL games throughout the regular season'. I just signed up the other day and managed to watch the game against the Colts last week, but they only show the preseason games that are shown nationally plus some games that are on certain local networks
    Ok thanks.
    Last edited by Nick; -08-19-2006 at 04:01 PM. Reason: Merging back to back posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    Kudos to Jared Cook for saying what needed to be said about being outplayed and outcoached vs the Cards.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247
    You are correct, posting links to another server does not implicate clanram in any way.
    Look, I understand that not having it on the Clan server reduces implication. But that doesn't change the fact that the files would be publicized and accessed through links on this forum, and I believe that opens us up to some amount of risk, however small it might be.

It'd be great if we could get games on here, because I'm one of those people who can't watch all of them. But the bottom line is it's going to be up to the Big Man as to whether or not he wants to assume any risk involved.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Quote Originally Posted by Nick
    Look, I understand that not having it on the Clan server reduces implication. But that doesn't change the fact that the files would be publicized and accessed through links on this forum, and I believe that opens us up to some amount of risk, however small it might be.
    Actually not having it on the clan server means there is no implication at all, the file isn't here, it's only the info to where the file may be. It's just like if you search google for a "movie" or whatever you want to download, if you get a link from Google to download, Google isn't implicated they are just providing info.
    Last edited by ramsbruce; -08-19-2006 at 04:22 PM.
    Kudos to Jared Cook for saying what needed to be said about being outplayed and outcoached vs the Cards.

www.pontel.com

yoe can get all the games on DVD if your outside the USA

Quote Originally Posted by RamDez
    www.pontell.com

yoe can get all the games on DVD if your outside the USA
    That's what I did last year, but seeing as I found that website, I'll be able to watch games live, and for much cheaper as well as the fact that I don't have to wait until Friday to get them in the post to see them

man i wish i had 150!!

Milan Guest

A way to not get Clanram involved in any way could be for someone to create a site with more content than just games and posting a link to it on CR.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamjk
    That's what I did last year, but seeing as I found that website, I'll be able to watch games live, and for much cheaper as well as the fact that I don't have to wait until Friday to get them in the post to see them
    what web site?

i assume they mean the website where they got the the Rams v Colts footage from

Quote Originally Posted by Milan
    A way to not get Clanram involved in any way could be for someone to create a site with more content than just games and posting a link to it on CR.
    Not really, it doesn't matter what the content is. As long as the actual game file is not on this server ClanRam cannot be implicated.

Quote Originally Posted by RamDez
    what web site?
    the one that I've quoted in one of my above posts - post number 19 to be exact

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast