general counsel is online now Registered User

Any thoughts on donnie henderson

The jets put defensive coordinator donnie henderson on the bumble bee plan today (canned like a tuna). Should he be a candidate to join our squad?

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Rambos is offline Registered User

Re: Any thoughts on donnie henderson

The jets put defensive coordinator donnie henderson on the bumble bee plan today (canned like a tuna). Should he be a candidate to join our squad?

Career highlights: In his first year as the Jets' coordinator in 2004, the team ranked seventh in the NFL in total defense. This season, they fell to 12th as the entire team took a big step backward. . . . Previously, Henderson spent five years as a secondary coach with the Baltimore Ravens, who boasted one of the NFL's top defensive backfields over that time. . . . Previous coaching stops include the University of Houston (1998), Arizona State (1992-97), the University of California (1990-91), the University of Idaho (1989) and Utah State (1983-88).

I think Bates would be the best DC fit.

Bates spent the previous five seasons in Miami, where he oversaw one of the league's top defensive units. The Dolphins struggled to a 1-8 start in 2004, and Bates took over as interim coach after Dave Wannstedt stepped down.

Miami, lets keep the Miami thing going.

jkramsfan Guest

yes , he should be a canidate, but i dont think he will get the job,but if bates goes to the bills,, then who knows.

jkramsfan Guest

gc, i would also think that the line for dc with the rams would be long because that defense sucks so bad that if you can come in here and improve the d, your stock goes up big time for next season's hc openings

general counsel is online now Registered User

On the other hand JK, there is really no place to go but up for the rams D. The key will be better players, more so than better coaching. Coaching will help for sure, but we need some functional linebackers and guys with a remote shot at making a tackle from the safety position. Here is where coaching can really help on D- the development of kennedy, hargrove and bartell. IF those three guys improve and can play, think about how much better the D will look.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

CanadianRam! Guest

Well CBWTM! (cant be worse than marmie)

NY RAMFAN is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    I don't know. I don't know Bates, but Henderson had abrahams, vilma, coleman, he had really good talent in the jets D plus law and he didn't go anywhere. What about Singletary?

jkramsfan Guest

thers about 5 good choices he could make,lets hope he does,although i would think the decision has already been made.