View Poll Results: What would it take for you to support Haslett as HC in 2009?

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • If the team is competitive under him, I'd give him a shot.

17 22.08%
  • The team would have to go 6-6 or better from this point forward.

14 18.18%
  • If he can lead the Rams to .500 record for the season, I'd bring him back.

13 16.88%
  • Not unless the Rams make the playoffs.

15 19.48%
  • No way, now how.

18 23.38%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Chris58 is offline Registered User

Re: Any way you'd make Haslett long term?

I said give him a look if he goes 6-6. But that would have to be a decision made by our NEW FRONT OFFICE (hope, hope). And based on Haslett's defense the last three seasons, I don't see him getting a sniff at 6-6 with this Rams bunch the rest of the way.

rampower is offline Registered User

Winning has a strange way of changing peoples minds.

If we were to win the last 10 straight and make the playoffs, most people would warm to haslett. I dont think it will happen though, But show me. I have never been a big haslett fan, but if he were to make my team win, I would quickly become a fan.

The thing that gets me is that I really do feel that he is a better D co-orniator than he has shown at the rams. He played a better D in new orleans and pittsburgh and I am lost at how bad our D is this year. Is it personnel? Linehan? Was he sand bagging because he wanted the Head coaches job? Who knows

The good thing is he is just interim, we wont have to wait and see no improvement for too long before he goes (hopefully).

AV makes a good point though, we want changes in the front office too. Maybe that sould have been an option in the poll.

Ultimately I always try to remove emotion from player/coach choices, my team winning is much more important.

If we win, I would be surprised if he did not stay.
    The Breakfast Club. You want cheese with that?

BIG-BLUE is offline Registered User

NO WAY NO HOW, Lets finish what has hopefully been started & thats a complete house cleaning. Don't stop now Chip finish the job & 2009 will look a whole lot brighter.

RAM-BO is offline Registered User

If he can get us to the post season, keep him, otherwise throw him off the boat.

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

people are against Haslett being brought back on the basis of what he`s done so far as a DC...if he could get us to 500. then that would mean he would have a 8-4 record..probably the best ever as an interim HC.

the question isnt would you bring back Haslett on the evidence of what he`s done as our DC..the question is what if he done so and so in the next 12 games..
    who really knows what input he has had in choosing our defensive f.a & draft picks?...e.g Chavous is a Fosl..maybe haslett had no choice but has been told to play with what he`s been given..maybe he did pick Chavous..who really knows?
    im not saying Haslett is gonna be great,but if he won 8 of the next 12 games with the talent pool he`s been left with then fair do`s to him..he would have proven himself to me and anyone who fires a Coach after that record is gonna have an hard time persuading a future HC that we havent another Jones,Davis,Smith type at the helm..

at this point i think he`ll get 2-4 wins with the rest of the season and wont be the HC next season..but that wasnt the question!

Guam rammer is offline Registered User

If we finish the season at .500 that alone would be huge for any team thats playing the way we are. With the way our division is right now we still have a shot at making the playoffs, so if we finish .500 and make it into the playoffs then he'll have me stepping over the line to shake his hand. This team also has to be competitive to the very end win or lose. Show the ability to battle back. No more freakin blowouts.

rams 24/7 is offline Registered User

Well the good news is Zygmunt is Schedule to have the option to either resign or Be let go, And as for Shaw, he is likely to retire.

Dominating D is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rams 24/7 View Post
    Well the good news is Zygmunt is Schedule to have the option to either resign or Be let go, And as for Shaw, he is likely to retire.
    I really hope your right...

ramsfan1975 is offline Registered User

of course the defence looks like crap when the offence does absolutly nothing, i think a lot of what was going on here was a upset team who didnt believe in the coaches principles and actions. the defence was suspect because of the offence being horrid. on paper im sorry were just not that bad, not nearly as bad as what they have done so far... a lot has to do with team moral and the lack thereof. lets see in a few weeks what happens with the old coach gone....will it be a improvement or the same sorry a$$ preformance of the past.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

I voted if the team is competitive under Haslett give him a shot.

In all reality what I want to see is how the team reacts to Haslett. The players are saying the right things now but I want to give it some time to see if they are still supporting him as the rest of the season moves on.

ManofGod is offline Registered User

Seriously...this thread was a joke right?

mh-i is offline Registered User

Define competitive? Vince Lombardi couldn't lead this bunch to a .500 record the rest of the way. I'm elated Linehan is gone and it looks like a total house cleaning will take place in the off season but this team is more than a few players away from contending for anything. The Rams will need to start over one brick at a time starting in January 2009. Top to bottom.

Truth is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    I voted if the team is competitive under Haslett give him a shot.

In all reality what I want to see is how the team reacts to Haslett. The players are saying the right things now but I want to give it some time to see if they are still supporting him as the rest of the season moves on.
    I've got to agree here. How the team responds to their new coach will say a lot.

That being said, although there is no "For Sale By Owner" sign up in front of Ram's Park (nor have I seen any ads in the local classifieds), most NFL analysts say this team is on the blocks, and/or Shaw and Ziggy are about to be replaced. At the very least, it will be very difficult to impossible to attract serious consideration from any of the coaching candidates being suggested on this board, until ownership/FO questions are answered.
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

RealRam is offline Registered User

Went with 'Not unless the Rams make the playoffs'. Maybe I was thinking about the chances of the Rams making the playoffs.

Hey, it's possible!

PARamfan is offline Registered User

I voted to only bring him back if they make the playoffs which in essence would be a minor,NO,Major miracle and probably make him a shoe-in for coach of the year.
    If he can pull all that off let him stay but only if Shaw and Ziggy get the boot I don't want his "hypothetical" successes saving THEIR jobs.THEY MUST GO!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast