RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Anybody else a little shocked???

I definitely am ...

I really thought this was going to play out the way things have been accustomed around here lately. With Garrett having a rough season this year, consequently hurting his stock in some circles, it looked like we were going to go the easy way out. The cheap way out. While I was fully prepared to support Garrett, and I do think he would do an ok job, he was never my favorite candidate ...

However, when I looked at the candidates available, I never even considered Spags, for one reason and one reason only. Money. I never thought that CR would be willing to throw around the money to get a guy like Spags here. Honestly, to me, Spags has, by far, the best chance to succeed out of all of these guys. He has the attitude, the look, the pedigree, and he was just one hell of a defensive coordinator. The job he did in N.Y. this year was unbelievable considering the personnel losses they had ...

Looking at the contract details, I really think Spags could have gotten more money elsewhere. Knowing that he choose here, makes me even more proud to be a Ram's fan ...

The absolutely HOTTEST coaching commodity in the league chose OUR ST. LOUIS RAMS! How about that???

And think about it. What does Spags instantly bring to St. Louis? CREDIBILITY! We instantly matter, because we have this guy in house. Defensive players will want to play here. How about Lito Shepperd? That sounds like a shoe-in to me. I hear Peppers wants to be released from Carolina, definitely seems like a Spags guy to me. The days of being a pushover on D are GONE ...

Imagine what this guy can do with Atogwe and Bartell, two young developing players on the brink of stardom. I guarantee you he'll figure out where Carriker belongs!!

I really cannot believe this is happening. We have a long way to go to be special, but this was the first piece.

So, is it true? This organization WANTS TO WIN. Seems like a dream right now, just trying to let it all settle in ...

It's going to be a different atmosphere around the Lou next year. Time to renew those PSL's!

rammiser is offline Registered User

Re: Anybody else a little shocked???

People need to quit thiinking Peppers will come here. There is no way in hell Carolina lets him go for nothing. They will probably franchise him hoping for 1st round picks in return.

I agree with you though that it actually seems like the front office finally got something right. All these years of bonehead moves and we finally hired a guy we actually wanted to hire.

Lito Sheppard on the other hand I can definately see him following Spags here. Man never been so excited for an offseason in a long time. I hope we are able to create some cap space so we can get a couple of good players in free agency.
    Just Fix It

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rammiser View Post
    People need to quit thiinking Peppers will come here. There is no way in hell Carolina lets him go for nothing. They will probably franchise him hoping for 1st round picks in return.

I agree with you though that it actually seems like the front office finally got something right. All these years of bonehead moves and we finally hired a guy we actually wanted to hire.

Lito Sheppard on the other hand I can definately see him following Spags here. Man never been so excited for an offseason in a long time. I hope we are able to create some cap space so we can get a couple of good players in free agency.
    The thing is, with this guy, who is a real defensive genius, it may not be about having to bring in a bunch of new players, instead of him getting the one's we have in the right places ...

There are alot of no-names on that Giants defense ...

SJacks039 is offline Registered User

Are the eagles releasing lito or is he a free agent because i thought they just gave him a deal a couple years back. I dont know i was just wondering why people think he is going to follow spags. I would like to pick him up but i wouldnt want to trade for him. He was a 4th corner this year

RammieGirl is offline Registered User

We (my family) certainly are only because we have had a bad case of "Ram-I-tis" for the past several years. "Ram-I-Tis" is this disease that leaves Rams fans constantly disappointed when a glimmer of good fortune shines our way and is snatched away as quickly as it appears. Always leaving the feeling that it was too good to be true.

But now, I think a cure has finally been found for "Ram-I-Tis" in the release of the toxins that have been invading the vessels of top management and with an injection shot of some Spags. The combination of the two antidotes should be the beginning of a full recovery!!!

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Super Bowl? Who cares about the Super Bowl this year? I'm just waiting until the off-season starts. Then the real fun starts.

moloch41 is offline Registered User

I am also surprised. I thought from the beginning that it would be Leslie Frazier, but was thrown off a bit when Garrett showed up in St. Louis. I really didn't want him. It is a pleasant surprise though.

TheTalkOfTheArch is offline Registered User

OMG I'm so shocked. I came on clanram expecting Garrett. I saw the thread "time to thank our front office" and expected "for nothing" but we got Spags..and I saw the video of him coaching the eagles and he's...he's ours.
    St. Louis needed a little good news, hopefully this is it. Best wishes to our new Coach.

Guam rammer is offline Registered User

This was a roller coaster ride from Ryan, To Frazier, then Spags and all of a sudden Garrett. All the Garrett crap yesterday just had me pulling my hair out. Why did we bring him back anyways? It was clear nobody wanted him and there was speculation that Shaw got to stirring the pot. Anyways thats all yesterdays news and the Rams got their man. Three chears to the Rams Nation!!!