Thread: Anyone else ?

mcpeepants232003 is offline Registered User

Anyone else ?

Think that the reason we lost Sunday was because we didn't play our starters enough in the preseason.

Guam rammer is offline Registered User

Re: Anyone else ?

No, no, not at all. This Panther D was healthy and ready to go. Good Defense almost always has the upper hand is what they say and we almost always start slow with this Linehan offense. Linehan doesnt like to take too many risks, and as a result that kept us in reach. We needed to spread the field but stayed with the conservative approach. it played in their favor. This just wasnt a good D to stay conservative against period. You have to take what they give you and we just didnt punch it in.Evidence? D. Hall's return way inside the redzone only gave us a field goal. If we scored a TD after that play, we woulda had momentum, we'd be 1-0. That was like a slap in Halls face. Go ahead and run it down there for us so we can kick a field goal...SHEEEZ!

blood85 is offline Registered User

We played a lousy game and the panthers defense is good.

rampete is offline Registered User

you can't develop sense of urgency nor teach attitudes by
    making them play more meaningless pre-games...

blood85 is offline Registered User

We just have to come through this Sunday.Period.

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

I think Jackson could have used some preseason game carries.

Regarding the game, losing Pace was critical and shifted momentum.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ram Dragoon is offline Registered User

Oh well the Rams could afford to lose a game to the Panthers, its not like they have any competition in their division--RIGHT.

Anyone who has played football knows that there is practise and there is the GAME. There just isn't an subsitute for real hitting, and it showed. If nothing else i would have played S. Jackson the last quarter of the last pre-season game. Yes there is risk; just stepping off the bus is a risk, but one has to calculate the risks verses gains. Linehand bet on caution, and he lost his bet. Just hope his stupidity doesn't comeback to haunt the Rams later this year.

Still what if God forbid S. Jackson goes do next week? Then what? Is the whole season a wash because the lost of Jackson or worst Bulger? Its the coaches responsibility to have some depth in the team just incase.

Still despite the fumbles and misques, the reason for defeat--Whatever brilliant soul planned a game that flew into the teeth of that defense. Perhaps this Napolean of the pigskin thought he had the Philidalphia Eagles offensive line. Wonder if he thought of Flanker Screens, Reverses, Inside Screens, and Option plays for an aggressive Defense?

Not sure how or why a coaching staff would be upset when the offensive/defense can't excute played when the plays themselves play into the hands of the opponent's strength?
    Last edited by Ram Dragoon; -09-11-2007 at 11:53 PM.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Dragoon View Post
    If nothing else i would have played S. Jackson the last quarter of the last pre-season game. Yes there is risk; just stepping off the bus is a risk, but one has to calculate the risks verses gains.
    Personally, I don't see much gain there. I find it hard to believe that 20 or so more touches in the preseason would have somehow prevented Jackson from fumbling in this game. If the reasoning is he fumbled because he wasn't used to being hit due to lack of experience in the preseason, then I would think the fumbles would have come earlier in the game when the hits began, not into the second half. I dunno, it just doesn't add up for me.

I think ultimately we played a very good defense with an offense that was not only missing some important pieces but was also hindered by its own poor gameplan. I don't think changes in the preseason would have changed any of that significantly.

bruce4life is offline Registered User

another thing is that olsen forgot his balls before the game

supachump is offline Registered User

yeah, i think the starters should of played more time in preseason. This team offense has had slow starts for two years now. I'd like to believe some of that could be corrected with more playing time in the preseason.

mpire is offline Registered User

Widely publicized as not playing in preseason, these are the three guys that spring to mind (with carries/yards from sunday)...

Steven Jackson 18/58
    LaDainian Tomlinson 17/25
    Larry Johnson 10/43

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by supachump View Post
    yeah, i think the starters should of played more time in preseason. This team offense has had slow starts for two years now. I'd like to believe some of that could be corrected with more playing time in the preseason.
    I agree with Nick about Jackson, I don't think his fumbles were caused by not playing the preseason, just lack of focus, but having said that,I do think the offense needs more work in the preseason, remember this offense is only in year 2 and to some of the guys brand new,this vanilla preseason stuff is crap,this offense needs to be clicking when the season STARTS,not 3-4 games into the season,so what if a team sees a certain play,we have pro bowl players at our skill postions,I would say to teams ok you saw it now try and stop it, it;s not like you don't run a bunch of plays out of the same formation,so if they see that formation are they really going to get the play they think ?for us to score 13 points is just inexcusable.

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

I don't even think that Jackson's fumbles were caused by a lack of focus. Seems to me that they were caused by him trying just a lil TOO hard. He was trying to exceed his natural flow, trying to gain an extra half yard when it wasn't there ...

He'll rebound and carry us against the *****. No doubt ...

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    I don't even think that Jackson's fumbles were caused by a lack of focus. Seems to me that they were caused by him trying just a lil TOO hard. He was trying to exceed his natural flow, trying to gain an extra half yard when it wasn't there ...

He'll rebound and carry us against the *****. No doubt ...
    I will have to respectfully disagree with you, and your point makes sense but he needed to focus on hanging onto the ball,we could have done without that half a yard but losing the ball could have cost us a score.

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

I guess all in all, trying too hard would cause a lack of focus :-)

So really, it is all the same ...