Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    yellow and blue is offline Registered User

Anyone else get sick of Seattle's hype?

I mean, the ESPN guys say Hasselbeck is better than Bulger and Bulger isn't a pro bowler and blah blah blah.

It makes me sick how biased they are, it's pathetic.

Seahags do not have a better offense than the Rams. I don't care what the stats said the past 3 years. We have a MUCH better quarterback who doesn't choke, a much better receiving core, and to be honest, I would rather have Steven Jackson over Alexander. I think Alexander had a fluke season, now he's way too over hyped.

I just hope the Rams smack teams around this year, we are so much better than just a .500 team.

[/rant]
    Last edited by RamsFanSam; -07-08-2007 at 01:38 PM. Reason: Careful with the language!

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Re: Anyone else get sick of Seattle's hype?

I'll probably be banished for saying this but here is how I see it.

1. Hasselbeck is a good QB, and I would say is on par with Bulger in that 2nd tier of QB's behind Peyton, *****y, Brees, and Palmer(young and already good, that's why he's 1st tier).

2. Alexander had the record breaking year behind a very good left side, and part of his fame was in that he never was hurt. Now I'll agree that he'll break down quickly. However, he was a top running back for three years.

3. They get to be talked about because they have won the division the last three years, made the SB, and then averted the SB loser curse all while dealing with the Madden curse and Hasselbeck going down as well.

They get hyped because they have been good. Deal with it. We will be talked about in January because we'll still be playing.

ramsplaya16 is offline Registered User

i agree but the seahawks have proved more than us over the past few years, and until we step up to the plate and start smaking teams around and win the division, then thats what the "experts" are gonna say, but let the "experts" talk because when football season comes, the rams are taking the league by storm!
    Built RAM tough

dgr828 is offline Registered User

:seasux::seasux::seasux::seasux::seasux::seasux::seasux::seasux::seasux:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MSRamman is offline Registered User

Let 'em talk, that's all it is. All the media have their darlings, look at the Cards. Every year they are picked to be the breakout team in the NFC West. Let 'em pick... we'll see who is on top at the end of the season, and whoever it is in the west this year, they will have definitely earned it, IMHO....:l

marccat is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post
    I'll probably be banished for saying this but here is how I see it.

1. Hasselbeck is a good QB, and I would say is on par with Bulger in that 2nd tier of QB's behind Peyton, *****y, Brees, and Palmer(young and already good, that's why he's 1st tier).
    They get hyped because they have been good. Deal with it. We will be talked about in January because we'll still be playing.
    Bulger behind Palmer... c'on talk 'bout bringing a natl' title with ya and getting hype cause of it, why? One good season and your on par with guys who have actually won pro playoff games..not ! Dont get me wrong I love the kid and I am hard core SC fan but Marc has been doing it longer and better with much controversy and a very unstable front office and 3 head coaches. as for him being a 'good qb' Bulger is easily a birdie, no way is he par with Hasselbeck and always will be that much better!! As far as "just good" go back and take a look at where most of their wins come from. I believe it took two last second kicks to beat the 'lowly' Rams last year and as long as they have been in our div. we have stone cold owned thier butts. It wasnt that long ago we went to 2 super bowls in 3 yrs. and we actually won one. Love ya bro but cant get behind you gettin' behind that 'hype' ... peace

Bud Light Guy is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by yellow and blue View Post
    Seahags do not have a better offense than the Rams. I don't care what the stats said the past 3 years.
    So then what you are saying is that you look at the names on paper before you make your conclusion? Wanna know the difference between STL and SEA? It's the fact that the Seahawks have won the division the last few seasons. IMO until they lose that title they get all the bragging rights in the NFCW. There are only 2 other teams in the NFL that have a longer reign as their division's champion and that's the Colts and the Patriots. So as long as the Seahawks keep winning the NFCW, you're just gonna hear about it coming the next offseason when they will be picked to win it again.

People on here want all this hype for the Rams coming into this season, but honestly what have they done the last few seasons? The defense is bad and Rams are relying on a rookie DT (who IMO is more of a 3-4 DE) and a guy who had a breakout year (Draft) behind a great defensive line. You'll be surprised how well a player performs when the players around him are playing well also. Hall is nothing more than a situational pass rusher. Are the Rams fun to watch on offense? A lot of times yes. They have some good WR's, a gunslinger QB and a good big physical RB in Jackson. The Oline needs to improve though. But this team isn't going anywhere until this defense decides it wants to stop the run.
    Last edited by Bud Light Guy; -07-08-2007 at 03:24 PM.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

I agree that Hasselbeck isn't as good a QB as Bulger, but I think Alexander has put up enough good seasons to be taken seriously. I'd still take Jackson over Alexander, though. Our offense is better, but you just don't earn national recognition as an 8-8 team.

Also, I do have to disagree with this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Bud Light Guy
    Hall is nothing more than a situational pass rusher.
    Even Hall's teammates said he played the run as well as anyone else on Detroit's line, and he was among the league's leaders in sacks until he got injured last season. I think he'll be a good every down player for at least a couple years.

blood85 is offline Registered User

All the talk isn't worth anything....let's prove it on the field where it really counts.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by dgr828 View Post
    :seasux::seasux::seasux::seasux::seasux::seasux::seasux::seasux::seasux:
    Exactly! Couldn't have said it better!

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

nuclearman is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by blood85 View Post
    All the talk isn't worth anything....let's prove it on the field where it really counts.
    I am with you Blood ... I think Bulger has the potential to be a far better QB than Hasselbeck but he has to prove it this season on the field ... and I think he will..

GO RAMS!! GO BULGER!!:r

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

If we don't like the hype, and I certainly don't, we need to do something about it. Seattle has done some amazing things the last few years including sweeping us in 2006 with the likes of Seneca Wallace and Maurice Morris. It's time to put up or shut up.

Fargo Ram Fan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    If we don't like the hype, and I certainly don't, we need to do something about it. Seattle has done some amazing things the last few years including sweeping us in 2006 with the likes of Seneca Wallace and Maurice Morris. It's time to put up or shut up.

Or "WE" could just watch the games and cheer for the Rams! Lets face it..."WE" arent gonna do anything more "about it" than that. The Rams seem to have put together a better looking club this year. I think WE will enjoy the results...screw the media and all their speculative blather. Why do some folks take that nonsense so seriously? Perhaps its the "WE" mindset.

There is no "WE". You dont PLAY. You dont make play CALLS. You dont get a say in draft picks or free agent pick ups. You buy a ticket, a shirt, a jacket etc., watch games and SPECULATE. By the same token YOU arent being insulted if the Rams arent picked by ESPN (or whoever) to win the division. Try not to take it so personally...especially since it has NOTHING to do with YOU.
    "You people point your 'f'in' finger and say theres the bad guy....what that make you....good?" Tony Montana

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Fargo Ram Fan View Post
    Or "WE" could just watch the games and cheer for the Rams! Lets face it..."WE" arent gonna do anything more "about it" than that. The Rams seem to have put together a better looking club this year. I think WE will enjoy the results...screw the media and all their speculative blather. Why do some folks take that nonsense so seriously? Perhaps its the "WE" mindset.

There is no "WE". You dont PLAY. You dont make play CALLS. You dont get a say in draft picks or free agent pick ups. You buy a ticket, a shirt, a jacket etc., watch games and SPECULATE. By the same token YOU arent being insulted if the Rams arent picked by ESPN (or whoever) to win the division. Try not to take it so personally...especially since it has NOTHING to do with YOU.
    Easy there Fargo, "WE" is just a figure of speech.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Oh come on, Fargo. We, I, You, They, Us........it's all part of being a fan. You are, of course, technically right. Fans can't do a thing. However, fans that accept that fact in anything more than semantics aren't really much of a fan. Fans that don't accept it at all are not, shall we say, with us (us = those based in reality). However, there is that middle ground made up by those who identify with a team or individual so tightly that words like WE & US become a legitimate part of the vocabulary.

P.S. On a sidenote, I once read a study which measured the conversation of fans after sporting events (leaving the stadium, local bars, etc.). I don't recall the numbers, but there was a very distinct difference drawn based on how well the team did. If the team performed well, WE & US were used to describe the team. However, when the team performed poorly, it was more THEY & THEM.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast