Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    ramsbruce is online now Registered User

Re: Anyone else get sick of Seattle's hype?

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    If we don't like the hype, and I certainly don't, we need to do something about it. Seattle has done some amazing things the last few years including sweeping us in 2006 with the likes of Seneca Wallace and Maurice Morris. It's time to put up or shut up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fargo Ram Fan View Post
    Or "WE" could just watch the games and cheer for the Rams! Lets face it..."WE" arent gonna do anything more "about it" than that. The Rams seem to have put together a better looking club this year. I think WE will enjoy the results...screw the media and all their speculative blather. Why do some folks take that nonsense so seriously? Perhaps its the "WE" mindset.

There is no "WE". You dont PLAY. You dont make play CALLS. You dont get a say in draft picks or free agent pick ups. You buy a ticket, a shirt, a jacket etc., watch games and SPECULATE. By the same token YOU arent being insulted if the Rams arent picked by ESPN (or whoever) to win the division. Try not to take it so personally...especially since it has NOTHING to do with YOU.
    Wow, where to start. I certainly haven't seen Mike get bent out of shape because of media hype, so maybe YOU should have directed that part of your post to the thread starter instead (or the numerous other hype threads) (just a suggestion). Mike simply made one statement, if you want the Hawks hype to stop the Rams need to do something about it.

Now as for the "WE" part, of course WE don't play, but why are YOU taking it so literal. If you don't want to use the term "WE" or feel a part of the "WE" fair enough, but when some of us say "WE" it's obviously not because "WE" play, or make calls, or draft picks. The fact is some of us invest a lot of time and or money into the Rams for entertainment, and if "WE" want to feel like "WE" are a part of the Rams in some shape or form what's wrong with that? To most fans it isn't as personal as you are trying to paint it as, but it is still a big chunk of people's lives and if saying "WE" helps people enjoy it more power to them.

Her Fargo don't you hope we win the Superbowl?

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    Tre was running great against an awful NYG run defense. 5.8 YPC yet he only gets 13 carries. I can't wait until the Rams abandon you, Schotty.

ramsplaya16 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fargo Ram Fan View Post
    Or "WE" could just watch the games and cheer for the Rams! Lets face it..."WE" arent gonna do anything more "about it" than that. The Rams seem to have put together a better looking club this year. I think WE will enjoy the results...screw the media and all their speculative blather. Why do some folks take that nonsense so seriously? Perhaps its the "WE" mindset.

There is no "WE". You dont PLAY. You dont make play CALLS. You dont get a say in draft picks or free agent pick ups. You buy a ticket, a shirt, a jacket etc., watch games and SPECULATE. By the same token YOU arent being insulted if the Rams arent picked by ESPN (or whoever) to win the division. Try not to take it so personally...especially since it has NOTHING to do with YOU.
    actually fargo, us fans are part of the team, because without US fans filling up the stadium seats and buying team merchendise, these players wouldent have a job.
    Built RAM tough

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

If it makes you feel better Fargo, feel free to substitute "the Rams" when reading any of the posts in which I use the reference "WE".

Fargo Ram Fan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ramsplaya16 View Post
    actually fargo, us fans are part of the team, because without US fans filling up the stadium seats and buying team merchendise, these players wouldent have a job.
    Cant argue with teen wisdom! :x
    "You people point your 'f'in' finger and say theres the bad guy....what that make you....good?" Tony Montana

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by nuclearman View Post
    I am with you Blood ... I think Bulger has the potential to be a far better QB than Hasselbeck but he has to prove it this season on the field ... and I think he will..

GO RAMS!! GO BULGER!!:r
    He proved it last season. Stick the fork into that comparison.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Bud Light Guy View Post
    So then what you are saying is that you look at the names on paper before you make your conclusion? Wanna know the difference between STL and SEA? It's the fact that the Seahawks have won the division the last few seasons. IMO until they lose that title they get all the bragging rights in the NFCW. There are only 2 other teams in the NFL that have a longer reign as their division's champion and that's the Colts and the Patriots. So as long as the Seahawks keep winning the NFCW, you're just gonna hear about it coming the next offseason when they will be picked to win it again.

People on here want all this hype for the Rams coming into this season, but honestly what have they done the last few seasons? The defense is bad and Rams are relying on a rookie DT (who IMO is more of a 3-4 DE) and a guy who had a breakout year (Draft) behind a great defensive line. You'll be surprised how well a player performs when the players around him are playing well also. Hall is nothing more than a situational pass rusher. Are the Rams fun to watch on offense? A lot of times yes. They have some good WR's, a gunslinger QB and a good big physical RB in Jackson. The Oline needs to improve though. But this team isn't going anywhere until this defense decides it wants to stop the run.
    I may regret this in the morning, but I have to totally agree with BLG.
    :\

Ram fans should expect the Hawks to get "hyped". Hell, they've owned the division for years, and until someone proves they don't belong, take it like a man. If I take off my Blue and Gold colored glasses for a minute and try to look at this objectively, I have to ask myself, why would anyone "hype" the Rams? As BLG said, we have holes, lots of them, and with those holes, are a lot of "ifs". IF the additions play as we hope they'll play, IF the rookies like Hill continue to improve, IF the OL settles in and stays healthy, IF Marc Bulger stays healthy again, IF the special teams play improves.... You see, if you look at our team as other do, there's nothing outside of a very good offense, that warrants any "hype". We haven't earned it. I won't get into the Bulger vs. Hasselbeck, or Alexander vs. Jackson debate, but give the Hawks their due. They've still got a very good football team. Good enough to beat our team with backups last year.

Am I sick of all the Seattle hype? No. They've earned it, and until the Rams can take two from them and the title, they deserve it. What I am sick of is all the Whiner hype for all the reasons I've mentioned above. They've got as many holes and if's as the Rams do but seem to be getting an awful lot of hype. Hype, or hope? We'll know soon enough. Go Rams.
    Last edited by RAMFANRAIDERHATER; -07-09-2007 at 03:57 PM.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

helorm341 Guest

I think that Seattle deserves to be on top of the rankings, they went to a superbowl in 2005 and have won three division titles in a row. I'm sure after the 2001 season the rest of the division was sick of hearing about the Rams, but we earned our spot on the top.

With that being said I still think we can win the division. Seattle has one year left I'd say to win the division. It hinges alot on Alexander. If he isn't the same RB then they will have no running game. It's easy to prepare a defense (even the rams) if you know they have to rely on their passing game. But if Alexander is healthy and the rest of the team doesn't suffer any injuries like last year they have as good of a chance to win the division this year as we do.

The hype I'm most sick of hearing is about the Cardinals and *****. I think they pay the media to make them their darlings year after year. They've been in the basement of the NFCW for almost a decade now. So like I think Seattle deserves it's spot for winning the division three years in a row, i think Arizona and San Fran deserve no higher then third for their consisent losing. I could see the ***** making a run for 2nd place, that'd be the only "upset" from those two teams.

Don't even try to tell me, "well the rams in 98 terrible and then won the superbowl so arizone could too!" I've seen that argument plenty and I just cannot fathom that the Cardinals have a greatest show on turf remake waiting in the wings this offseason to take over. Unless Leinart gets hurt and they have another Kurt Warner waiting in the wings.....oh wait....

Quote Originally Posted by nuclearman View Post
    I am with you Blood ... I think Bulger has the potential to be a far better QB than Hasselbeck but he has to prove it this season on the field ... and I think he will..

GO RAMS!! GO BULGER!!:r
    Bulgers stats last season were better then any season Hasselbeck has had. You can say the same thing for a couple other seasons too. To me, Bulger is ovbiously the better of the two quarterbacks. May Hasselbeck could produce the same stats with our elite offensive players but he doesn't have them so I won't fix what isn't broken.
    Last edited by helorm341; -07-09-2007 at 04:56 PM.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

With so much attention paid to the Hawks, I'd think that it was common knowledge that fans were officially part of the team. So much so, that the Hawks had to do that stupid lawsuit to be able to use that twelfth man BS. Seriously though, the fans are what make the game. From those who brave the snow in the frozen tundra, to those who actually support the Browns, to the best fans of all, those Raider fans who dress in hubcaps(and us too). Fans bring the home field advantage and give the best players what they need to win.

As for the Bulger/Hasselbeck debate, I still say they are comparable for this reason. They're both in their primes and yes, Bulger has the better seasons(and I'm all for it!) the fact is that other than Deion Branch and Darrell Jackson, the Seahawks haven't had any recievers of note while Bulger has consistently had above average to elite receiving corps. For what they have accomplished in their respective situations, I would say they are comparable, though once I put on those blue and gold sunglasses again, then it's Bulger all the way!

Bud Light Guy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenfleece View Post
    I agree that Hasselbeck isn't as good a QB as Bulger, but I think Alexander has put up enough good seasons to be taken seriously. I'd still take Jackson over Alexander, though. Our offense is better, but you just don't earn national recognition as an 8-8 team.

Also, I do have to disagree with this:

Even Hall's teammates said he played the run as well as anyone else on Detroit's line, and he was among the league's leaders in sacks until he got injured last season. I think he'll be a good every down player for at least a couple years.
    He had 5 sacks in 24 tackles in 2006. That's not a situational pass rush guy?!?!?! Okay, so he was injured. Look at his stats before that. They aren't that great. I'm not arguing that he's better than what the Rams had a yr ago, but There's a lot of patching the Rams have to do in the next few seasons on defense.

I would REALLY like to see what Hall can do without Shaun Rogers. Same with Draft without behind Jenkins and Rucker etc.
    Last edited by Bud Light Guy; -07-10-2007 at 03:24 AM.

Bud Light Guy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    I may regret this in the morning, but I have to totally agree with BLG.
    :\

Ram fans should expect the Hawks to get "hyped". Hell, they've owned the division for years, and until someone proves they don't belong, take it like a man. If I take off my Blue and Gold colored glasses for a minute and try to look at this objectively, I have to ask myself, why would anyone "hype" the Rams? As BLG said, we have holes, lots of them, and with those holes, are a lot of "ifs". IF the additions play as we hope they'll play, IF the rookies like Hill continue to improve, IF the OL settles in and stays healthy, IF Marc Bulger stays healthy again, IF the special teams play improves.... You see, if you look at our team as other do, there's nothing outside of a very good offense, that warrants any "hype". We haven't earned it. I won't get into the Bulger vs. Hasselbeck, or Alexander vs. Jackson debate, but give the Hawks their due. They've still got a very good football team. Good enough to beat our team with backups last year.

Am I sick of all the Seattle hype? No. They've earned it, and until the Rams can take two from them and the title, they deserve it. What I am sick of is all the Whiner hype for all the reasons I've mentioned above. They've got as many holes and if's as the Rams do but seem to be getting an awful lot of hype. Hype, or hope? We'll know soon enough. Go Rams.
    Great post my friend. You outside of many homers on here are finally seeing what the dealio is in the NFCW.

If you want credit at all, YOU HAVE TO EARN IT!!!!! Nuff said. No one cares about stats if you are top 5 in offense and have a record of .500 and below. What that means is that you have a defense that is the laughing stock of the league and teams know that they can move the ball on you. If people around the league did care about offensive stats like that then you would have the Rams and Chiefs in the playoffs multiple times. It doesn't work that way. If you wanna win the division, you MUST play defense, good defense. The Rams havent been able to do that in recent past. Until they do, they won't sniff the playoffs, no matter what they have on offense because no offense is unstoppable, esecially in todays conversion of the tampa2. You don't play defense, you wont win crucial games. Nuff said.

Seriously there are some people on here that really need to take the blue and gold homer classes off.

The Rams were 2-4 in the division last season. That's awful, especially against a couple teams that are suspect such as SF an d ARZ. They both have tons of talent (esp, ARZ) but they cant put it together.

Bud Light Guy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post
    With so much attention paid to the Hawks, I'd think that it was common knowledge that fans were officially part of the team. So much so, that the Hawks had to do that stupid lawsuit to be able to use that twelfth man BS. Seriously though, the fans are what make the game. From those who brave the snow in the frozen tundra,
    man this isn't fairy tale land. Players play football. You can't say that SEA wins those games because of the "12th man". Which is retarded BTW. Arrowhead Stadium is the loudest stadium in th NFL. Has been for a long time. Many recent former players have said that. It's just the truth. 12th got publicity because of a couple seasons ago when some team had a billion false starts in a game. I forget which team that was.
    As for the Bulger/Hasselbeck debate, I still say they are comparable for this reason. They're both in their primes and yes, Bulger has the better seasons(and I'm all for it!) the fact is that other than Deion Branch and Darrell Jackson, the Seahawks haven't had any recievers of note while Bulger has consistently had above average to elite receiving corps.[/quote]

So does that make Bulger a better QB?!?!? It doesn't. People on here talk about Pro Bowl QB's, but how can someone be proud of their "Pro Bowl" QB when he throws 22 INT's a season?!?!?! That season there is NO way Bulger should have been even mentioned.
    Last edited by HUbison; -07-10-2007 at 01:41 PM. Reason: Here's an idea....how 'bout we not blaspheme?

helorm341 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bud Light Guy View Post
    Jesus Christ man this isn't fairy tale land. Players play football. You can't say that SEA wins those games because of the "12th man". Which is retarded BTW. Arrowhead Stadium is the loudest stadium in th NFL. Has been for a long time. Many recent former players have said that. It's just the truth. 12th got publicity because of a couple seasons ago when some team had a billion false starts in a game. I forget which team that was.
    As for the Bulger/Hasselbeck debate, I still say they are comparable for this reason. They're both in their primes and yes, Bulger has the better seasons(and I'm all for it!) the fact is that other than Deion Branch and Darrell Jackson, the Seahawks haven't had any recievers of note while Bulger has consistently had above average to elite receiving corps.
    So does that make Bulger a better QB?!?!? It doesn't. People on here talk about Pro Bowl QB's, but how can someone be proud of their "Pro Bowl" QB when he throws 22 INT's a season?!?!?! That season there is NO way Bulger should have been even mentioned.
    So you're saying that Bulger shouldn't be mentioned with Hasselbeck, being that he isn't nearly as good? I think thats crazy. Bulger threw a ton of INTs under Martz because the offensive scheme and Martz wanted him to take chances and throw into double coverage to Holt. In his career year last year Bulger had 24 TDS and 8ints which is an elite TD/INT ratio. Linehan specifically said he wanted Bulger to be more careful with the ball and designed plays that would allow for it.

I think that being in a Pro Bowl could show he is the better QB, at least for that season. I think that the NFL pro-bowl puts the best players out on the field that year unlike other pro sports who's fans count for all the votes. 2/3 of the votes are from players and coaches, I think they could certainly see who's the better QB in the conference that year better then fans can.

So beyond pro-bowls, who is the better qb to you? Specifically if you could pick between the two who do you want leading the Rams this year? It's a very easy question, Bulger or Hasselbeck.
    Last edited by RamsFanSam; -07-10-2007 at 07:44 AM.

RamsFanSam is online now Pro Bowl Ram

I think you guys need to calm down a bit about things.

First off, no one is arguing the fact that the Rams have been underachievers for the past few years.

No one is arguing that we have better talent on paper than the hawks.

The "WE" thing was debated and settled last season.

I think the gist of the original post is about this: Hawks fans have already claimed the Lombardi for this season, just like the whiner fans have, and hearing about their 'dynasties' is getting tiresome.

Be careful with the words you use - I edited some of the language. This is your only warning about this.
    Last edited by RamsFanSam; -07-10-2007 at 07:46 AM.

Bud Light Guy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by helorm341 View Post
    So you're saying that Bulger shouldn't be mentioned with Hasselbeck, being that he isn't nearly as good? I think thats crazy. Bulger threw a ton of INTs under Martz because the offensive scheme and Martz wanted him to take chances and throw into double coverage to Holt. In his career year last year Bulger had 24 TDS and 8ints which is an elite TD/INT ratio. Linehan specifically said he wanted Bulger to be more careful with the ball and designed plays that would allow for it.

I think that being in a Pro Bowl could show he is the better QB, at least for that season. I think that the NFL pro-bowl puts the best players out on the field that year unlike other pro sports who's fans count for all the votes. 2/3 of the votes are from players and coaches, I think they could certainly see who's the better QB in the conference that year better then fans can.

So beyond pro-bowls, who is the better qb to you? Specifically if you could pick between the two who do you want leading the Rams this year? It's a very easy question, Bulger or Hasselbeck.
    Honestly I would pick Hasslebeck, simply because he's a scrambler. He can make plays on his feet when something isn't there. Bulger doesn't do that. Now, if you wanna talk about arm strength, it would be easy to say that Bulger has the upper hand. I never said Bulger shouldn't be mentioned with Hasslebeck. I said that they are comparable with one another. I really don't think one is really any all that better than the other. I do know this though. One of them led their team to a Super Bowl and the other has not. The fact that a QB can make the Pro Bowl with 22/22 TD/INT ratio over someone that went 26/15 is ridiculous. Wow, so Bulger had 4 more passing yds that season, who cares. I'm not one to really dog Bulger. He's a very good QB, one of the best in the NFL. But many people on here complain when Bulger isn't listed as a top 5 QB in the NFL on whatever rankings some "journalist" has on the internet (as I've seen on other threads here). Being ranked 6 or 7 is still very very good.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Just my opinion, but I'd say calling Bulger and Hasselbeck comparable is certainly fair. And that isn't a knock on either of them. I'd say along with Brees, they make up the top 3 QBs in the NFC. Though I think a case could be made for Bulger being the more accurate of the two. Bulger's completion % is 4 points higher than Hasselbeck, though Bulger has spent his career in a high risk/ high reward system while Hasselbeck has spent his career in Holmgren's safer WC offense.

But like I said, these are the two of (if not the) best QBs in the conference.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast