Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Re: Anyone else get sick of Seattle's hype?

Quote Originally Posted by Bud Light Guy View Post
    The fact that a QB can make the Pro Bowl with 22/22 TD/INT ratio over someone that went 26/15 is ridiculous.
    Actually, Bulger didn't make the Pro Bowl "over" Hasselbeck. They were both selected that year.

helorm341 is offline Registered User

Honestly I would pick Hasslebeck, simply because he's a scrambler. He can make plays on his feet when something isn't there. Bulger doesn't do that. Now, if you wanna talk about arm strength, it would be easy to say that Bulger has the upper hand. I never said Bulger shouldn't be mentioned with Hasslebeck. I said that they are comparable with one another. I really don't think one is really any all that better than the other. I do know this though. One of them led their team to a Super Bowl and the other has not. The fact that a QB can make the Pro Bowl with 22/22 TD/INT ratio over someone that went 26/15 is ridiculous. Wow, so Bulger had 4 more passing yds that season, who cares. I'm not one to really dog Bulger. He's a very good QB, one of the best in the NFL. But many people on here complain when Bulger isn't listed as a top 5 QB in the NFL on whatever rankings some "journalist" has on the internet (as I've seen on other threads here). Being ranked 6 or 7 is still very very good.
    Hasselbeck is the better scrambler but I think Bulger got better at it last year. He made more plays then usual when getting flushed out of the pocket, even if it was just a shovel pass to Jackson.

I think the two are interchangeable on any QB ranking lists. Really I think that beyond Manning and Brady there's probably five or six guys that are interchangeable on any given week.

MOM
    MOM is offline Registered User

Wow, y'all...

Quote Originally Posted by Mike
    Actually, Bulger didn't make the Pro Bowl "over" Hasselbeck. They were both selected that year.
    True, but as alternates.

Quote Originally Posted by BLG?
    So does that make Bulger a better QB?!?!? It doesn't. People on here talk about Pro Bowl QB's, but how can someone be proud of their "Pro Bowl" QB when he throws 22 INT's a season?!?!?! That season there is NO way Bulger should have been even mentioned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teke
    As for the Bulger/Hasselbeck debate, I still say they are comparable for this reason. They're both in their primes and yes, Bulger has the better seasons(and I'm all for it!) the fact is that other than Deion Branch and Darrell Jackson, the Seahawks haven't had any recievers of note while Bulger has consistently had above average to elite receiving corps. For what they have accomplished in their respective situations, I would say they are comparable, though once I put on those blue and gold sunglasses again, then it's Bulger all the way!
    OK, I think I can be of assistance here. Keep in mind that I am a chick who suffered a brain injury two days before the game, and was dizzy for most of it. Bulger plays in the second half, throws 4 TD passes and brings the NFC back from being dead in the water, and is named MVP. Am I remembering any of this right?

Fast forward to 2006. Hasselbeck doesn't fare near as well, despite having several of the same players there. Half of his O-line were his own teammates, for Pete sake, he had better receivers than he had to work with all season long, I don't see how he couldn't have been in a better situation. But, all he was able to muster was 85 passing yards and a pick.

In the Pro Bowl, the situations were very similar, but only one of these QB"S produced.

Advantage: Bulger.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.stickershoppe.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/MLRPANCmini.jpg[/SIGPIC]This is for Randy! GO BRM!

Bud Light Guy is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    You sure? I could have sworn Hasslebeck was snubbed that year, because I thought a lot of people around the league were talking about that. If there's a link you can provide I'd appreciate it.

Bud Light Guy is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MOM View Post
    Wow, y'all...

True, but as alternates.

OK, I think I can be of assistance here. Keep in mind that I am a chick who suffered a brain injury two days before the game, and was dizzy for most of it. Bulger plays in the second half, throws 4 TD passes and brings the NFC back from being dead in the water, and is named MVP. Am I remembering any of this right?

Fast forward to 2006. Hasselbeck doesn't fare near as well, despite having several of the same players there. Half of his O-line were his own teammates, for Pete sake, he had better receivers than he had to work with all season long, I don't see how he couldn't have been in a better situation. But, all he was able to muster was 85 passing yards and a pick.

In the Pro Bowl, the situations were very similar, but only one of these QB"S produced.

Advantage: Bulger.
    Are you really comparing what Bulger did in the PRO BOWL?!?!?!? The ProBowl is the worst all star game in all of professional sports besides maybe the NBA Allstar game. It doesn't mean anything. Players don't really try hard because they along with coaches are afraid of getting injured, and rightfully so, teams invest millions of dollars in these players. You do know that defenses don't play "defense" and aren't allowed to sack the QB right? If I had that kind of security blanket I'm sure I could put up numbers like that as well.

Good lord............. it's the friggin ProBowl. Just wow.

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

You sure? I could have sworn Hasslebeck was snubbed that year, because I thought a lot of people around the league were talking about that. If there's a link you can provide I'd appreciate it.
    http://football.about.com/cs/history...robowl2004.htm

Bulger and Hasslehoff were both snubbed by voters and were injury replacements that year.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Here you go: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/misc/pb2003.htm

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

It's all just hype, they won the divison because we were not very strong, but that will change this season.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

You do know that defenses don't play "defense" and aren't allowed to sack the QB right?
    A little off-topic, but I think defenses can't blitz. If a lineman gets to the QB, he is allowed to get the sack. In fact, Peppers, Schobel, Suggs, Williams, and Burgess all had sacks at last year's game.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

maltz88 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by marccat View Post
    I believe it took two last second kicks to beat the 'lowly' Rams last year and as long as they have been in our div. we have stone cold owned thier butts.
    The Rams are 4-6 against Seattle since Seattle came to the NFCW. Is that "owning?"

man this isn't fairy tale land. Players play football. You can't say that SEA wins those games because of the "12th man". Which is retarded BTW. Arrowhead Stadium is the loudest stadium in th NFL. Has been for a long time. Many recent former players have said that. It's just the truth. 12th got publicity because of a couple seasons ago when some team had a billion false starts in a game. I forget which team that was.

I've been to Arrowhead 6 times, and to Qwest numerous times. Qwest is louder. The difference though is that Arrowhead is more intimidating to some players. When 95% of the fans are dressed in red, and there is a constant roar it's pretty bizzare to see. Qwest is full of fickle fans, but when the team is playing good and the place is full of Seattle fans (as it has been for the last 4 years), it is louder than Arrowhead.

It was against the Giants two years ago that they had 12 false starts in one game, and is why the filed a complaint with the league that they thought artificial noise was being piped in to Qwest. Which they investigated when the Giants played in Seattle last year. And wound up being even louder during the investigation (of course).

Teams have committed more false starts at Qwest field each year for the last 3 years than any other stadium. Players consistently are quoted saying that it is the loudest stadium they've ever played in.

The difference, as I said earlier though, is that it is full of fickle fans. In a couple years when Seattle is struggling, it'll empty out again, and won't even be in consideration. Arrowhead will always be completely full.

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Just my opinion, but I'd say calling Bulger and Hasselbeck comparable is certainly fair. And that isn't a knock on either of them. I'd say along with Brees, they make up the top 3 QBs in the NFC. Though I think a case could be made for Bulger being the more accurate of the two. Bulger's completion % is 4 points higher than Hasselbeck, though Bulger has spent his career in a high risk/ high reward system while Hasselbeck has spent his career in Holmgren's safer WC offense.

But like I said, these are the two of (if not the) best QBs in the conference.
    I have to agree with this. One other thing to add to the mix though is that Bulger has been in a high risk/high reward offense, Hasselbeck has had receivers that have led the league in drops over that period as well.

PHAT-MONEY Guest

first off. marc bulger was the probowl mvp in 2004, he beat out peyton manning, tom brady, and steve mcnair of the AFC for it. and about the "WE" deal, WE help pay the players money buy buying tickets and merchandise and food, without fans players would not get payed, in return there would be NO nfl. so if WE want to say WE then WE can.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123