tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Anyone else like how Haslett hasn't stood out?

He has taken the back foot to Linehan like he should. There hasnt been any sign of the media proposed power struggle that is supposedly going to be taking place. Linehan has truly acted like the HC and is doing a fine job of it so far.

Granted, if Linehan makes a Martz style decision during the season then you might hear something from Haslett, but at the moment its nice to see Haslett be a DC and nothing more.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Re: Anyone else like how Haslett hasn't stood out?

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247
    He has taken the back foot to Linehan like he should. There hasnt been any sign of the media proposed power struggle that is supposedly going to be taking place. Linehan has truly acted like the HC and is doing a fine job of it so far.

Granted, if Linehan makes a Martz style decision during the season then you might hear something from Haslett, but at the moment its nice to see Haslett be a DC and nothing more.
    Well, that's probably because nobody cares about us, and is too busy talking about T.O. and how Edge is going to make the Cards a great team with a terrible O-Line. We're underrated, no one cares about us, that's why. When we get to the playoffs, then people will start talking about us again, and say stuff like that.

But, I do agree, I am really happy with no publicity talking about Haslett trying to take over, and honestly ,I don't think its going to happen anyway

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Lamb Of God Guest

He clearly knows his role and is sticking to it.

Trust me, that's a GOOD thing.

Bernie M has been unable to get to Rams Park, thats why there has been no stirring by the "media"

JackieSlater is offline Registered User

I forget where i read the article, as it was a good few weeks ago, regarding Haslett, it was a well written article, stating that the persona in which Haslett is perceived by the media, and in some quarters Saints fans, as some kind of hot tempered, short fused kinda guy, this was corrected in the article, stating that Haslett is a level headed very deep thinker and atitude towards the game, something on most occasions he can control his emotions and not get flustered.

Haslett is big enough and mature enough, to know his position within our franchise. and i very much doubt he's hoping or willing to trend on Linehan's toes, that sadly maybe media propaganda!

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

I feel like Haslett over extended his capacity as a Head Coach. His expertise is defense and hopefully he has accepted that in his own mind. I used to hate it when we played the Saints and that red faced wild man was on their sidelines trying to tear us apart. Now that he is on our side I feel like we are ready to go to war. I am extremely anxious, waiting to see that same wild man in a Rams shirt on our sidelines. 100% of his tenacity devoted to our defense. Opponents beware !

rams70 is offline Registered User

Haslett is a true professional. I just wish he would stay several years as the DC, but I fear what will happen is that he will do an impressive job turning our defense around(that part I dont fear, but welcome, of course), and then will go for a head coaching job that is sure to be offered somewhere. I hated the guy as a Saints coach, but always did respect his fire and coaching skills.

CTRAMFAN is offline Registered User

As the year goes by and the D improves over what it has been , I think we will be hearing more from Haslett. Has he been humbled by his experience as a head coach? Maybe after all the controversy in N.O. last year he has decided to stay out of the limelight for now, seeing as though he got more than his share of media scrutiny last year. JMHO