throwback week

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Anyone else out there love Harkey?

general counsel is offline Registered User

Anyone else out there love Harkey?

Harkey is rapidly growing into one of my favorite Rams. He works his tail off, does a ton of the dirty work, rarely gets any credit, seems to have a great attitude, and has been a material contributor in the resurgence of the Rams running game. His catch and run for the td sunday was really terrific, and i suspect he has better hands than he has been given credit for. I love the guys that are not superstars, but in the cap era, are important pieces to the puzzle of building a championship team. I think Harkey is one of those pieces, and i hope he continues to improve and remains on the Rams for years to come.

Anyone else like the guy a lot?

Ramming speed to all

general counsel

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus
    I think Barry has a Harkey Jersey.

macrammer is offline Registered User

Re: Anyone else out there love Harkey?

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    Harkey is rapidly growing into one of my favorite Rams. He works his tail off, does a ton of the dirty work, rarely gets any credit, seems to have a great attitude, and has been a material contributor in the resurgence of the Rams running game. His catch and run for the td sunday was really terrific, and i suspect he has better hands than he has been given credit for. I love the guys that are not superstars, but in the cap era, are important pieces to the puzzle of building a championship team. I think Harkey is one of those pieces, and i hope he continues to improve and remains on the Rams for years to come.

Anyone else like the guy a lot?

Ramming speed to all

general counsel
    GC,

What's not to love? Unsung hero.....guy brings his lunch pale each week and just works hard. I was duly impressed with his TD run.....Over the years, I have always had these type of guys as my favorite Rams. Harkey is quickly growing into that for me on this squad.......

citr92 is offline Registered User

yea, for a bruin he isn't so bad :P

seriously though, he's done good in horns

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

I loved him at UCLA, and I love him in St. Louis. He's just a guy who goes out there and gets it done. As mac said, what's not to love?

citr92 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    I loved him at UCLA, and I love him in St. Louis. He's just a guy who goes out there and gets it done. As mac said, what's not to love?
    i'm still not sure how i didn't hear anything about this guy at UCLA, didn't even know about this guy until he ended up on the rams

even from a rival school....I usually know of certain players...but completely missed this guy lol

RealRam is offline Registered User

Back in October I posted...

It is well established that these days there are fewer FBs in the NFL yet the position is sometimes put into action via a TE. [Remember Ernie Conwell in the GSOT days.]

Harkey, a TE, becomes a big FB for the Rams and I hope he does well as such. Our running game needs a big, effective leading blocker!

I've always liked good, old school fullbacks. But now, essentially ... do whatever it takes.
    This, in addition to The Hark's work ethic that you mentioned and his TE receiver / blocker skills should turn him into a key, albeit more "quiet", player in the Rams arsenal.

For sure, love big Harky! - -

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Love the guy. It's guys like Corey Harkey who make championship teams championship teams. Most teams have superstars or that "one guy" that is given tons of credit, but it's players like Harkey who accept their role and flourish in it that make the NFL rosters complete. He's been unreal as a blocker this year whether it's inline as a TE or in the backfield as a FB. He was pegged as a good blocker with horrible hands coming out of UCLA but he's been reliable thus far. Cheers to finding more great role players like Harkey.

THE DREAM TEAM

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

It's players like Harkey which make you wonder if anyone actually watches the Rams when they say that Les Snead's job is on the line
    Varg6 and molbio44 like this.

Randart is offline Registered User

Really like Harkey and did at UCLA as well how did he get dubbed horriable hands? He just was not targeted as much as the wide outs and HB's. Also his blocking skills were always a plus to protect on passing downs. But the guy always could catch the ball when he snuck out into the patterns... At least that is how I remember him. Glad he is back to being healthy was really sad when he was hurt in preseason! We needed him so so bad a couple of those games Sammy was running for his life in!

RosieJones is offline Registered User

Harkey and Kendricks have both played well. They're not the flashiest TE tandem in the league, but I think they both have bright futures.

It kind of makes me wish that Cook had signed elsewhere, and that we had that money to address some other areas of need. I honestly don't think we needed him.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

I, too, didn't know much about this guy coming into the season. You need stars in this league, but you also need foot soldiers- guys who are going to go out there and get the job done without a lot of fanfare. Harkey fits the bill. And his TD the other day was a thing of beauty!

Do you really love Harkey, or are you just saying that because he scored a TD?

Anyone else out there love Harkey?-ilh.jpg

general counsel is offline Registered User

I wouldnt post it if i didnt mean it. The TD led to the post, but is ancillary to my man crush on Harkey. James the Hammer Hodgins is one of my all time favorite Rams. Harkey has a long way to go before he can block like The Hammer, but i have also had a soft spot for the hard working pounding blockers that make the running game a success. The running game has changed this season for the Rams and Harkey is growing on me every week.

Ramming speed to all

general counsel
    RealRam and live4ramin like this.

I wasn't questioning your love for Harkey.

Rather, I was promoting: Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues, coming this weekend to a theatre near you!

(Well if Dez isn't going to pay me, I have to earn a few bucks from posting here somehow!)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast