Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Anyone else out there love Harkey?

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Anyone else out there love Harkey?

Quote Originally Posted by citr92 View Post
    i'm still not sure how i didn't hear anything about this guy at UCLA, didn't even know about this guy until he ended up on the rams

even from a rival school....I usually know of certain players...but completely missed this guy lol
    Just like with the Rams, Harkey was not a flashy player at UCLA, but he was a great blocker, who made the occasional big catch. He started every game while he was with the Bruins, and was stellar in fulfilling his role. Obviously the Rams saw what you U$C types did not.
    TekeRam and Randart like this.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Harkey is another example of how the FO has done a great job finding players after the draft. I did not know who Harkey was until my wife was reading in the local paper that he was signed by the Rams. He attended high school where I live. The fact that he went to UCLA, I can't hold that against him, he's with us now!
    citr92 likes this.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    The fact that he went to UCLA, I can't hold that against him, he's with us now!
    And here I always thought you were a Bruins fan, but it appears you're actually on the dark side. I'm very disappointed.
    Rambos and Randart like this.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Harkey + UCLA + St Louis RAMS= I likey......
    r8rh8rmike and Randart like this.

demiurge is offline Registered User

Harkey has been a great surprise, and Kendricks is a good starting caliber quality TE.

Cook leaves a lot to be desired in the run packages, but he's also quietly leading all Rams receivers in receptions, yards, and tied in TDs. We were hoping for an even more dominant performance after the talent he flashed in that first game, but he's definitely not a bust.

His 7 reception, 141 yard, 2 TD performance against the Cards in week one is arguably the best receiving game we've seen from a Ram this year - Austin's breakout performance was better overall, but he only had the 2 long catches.

Keep Bradford healthy all year and I think Cook's numbers go up.

Honestly, I like what I see from these young WR and TEs. This group has tremendous potential. 3 deep at TE, 4 quality young receivers who are only going to get better.

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

Gotta love the Harkster! He's proof that we are are an emerging force with talent being molded into a team. Many of us have been critical of the offense this season, even before Sam was hurt. But Harkey just demonstrates that by next year we're going to keep DC's from getting good nights sleep the night before they play the Rams. Lots of weapons!

Go Rams!

RosieJones is offline Registered User

I think it would be interesting to see if Cook could transition to a slot receiver. He has the speed (and definitely the size) to be a matchup problem for most LBs and DBs.

He sure doesn't seem to want anything to do with blocking, or with contact at all for that matter, which is fine unless you play TE and it's kind of a job requirement. I'd say he's definitely not going anywhere with 19 million guaranteed, so they should try and put him in the best situation to succeed.

I expect no one to agree with this, but I think it's food for thought.

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RosieJones View Post
    I think it would be interesting to see if Cook could transition to a slot receiver. He has the speed (and definitely the size) to be a matchup problem for most LBs and DBs.

He sure doesn't seem to want anything to do with blocking, or with contact at all for that matter, which is fine unless you play TE and it's kind of a job requirement. I'd say he's definitely not going anywhere with 19 million guaranteed, so they should try and put him in the best situation to succeed.

I expect no one to agree with this, but I think it's food for thought.
    Cook will occasionally shift to the slot position. Problem with him is that he's been lazy on his routes, giving up often and not fighting for the ball in tight coverage. His blocking has been mediocre at best, which is why he's not getting as much starting reps as he used to since the philosophy change. I expect him to improve on his deficiencies this offseason if he wants to be part of our future plans.

♪ R.I.P. Nujabes ♫
    Your beat still laments the world

Randart is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Flippin' Ram View Post
    Cook will occasionally shift to the slot position. Problem with him is that he's been lazy on his routes, giving up often and not fighting for the ball in tight coverage. His blocking has been mediocre at best, which is why he's not getting as much starting reps as he used to since the philosophy change. I expect him to improve on his deficiencies this offseason if he wants to be part of our future plans.
    Also Kendricks & Harkey were injured to start the season so as they got healthy and the O-Line got a bit more figured out ie Roger to Guard and Barks to RT we suddenly could block. Seemingly out of no where we began to find it. Where as before with Richardson & Cook trying to block we got slaughtered... I believe that is what you do to defenseless lambs! I cringe to think of a couple of those early games, thanks to god we got our blockers in and that line configured!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12