Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Is Anyone Excited Yet ??

The Rams' 2009 regular season debut is rapidly approaching, and we have been speculating along with various PD writers how well they will do, not only in Seattle but for the entire season. Burwell's latest column lamenting the tenure of Shaw and Ziggy provides the latest doom and gloom.

On paper we certainly don't scare anyone, as we don't have an abundance of star players. So - it's not surprising that NFL pundits project another dismal year for us ...

BUT!! No one really knows for sure. This young team may surprise with its heart and pluckiness, we're about to see on Sunday. Hawk fans could end up being shocked, (think turnovers) we'll see ..

We may not be as bad as many project us to be .. I couldn't be more excited for our team regardless of what many are saying. Shaw and Ziggy have left Rams' Park - only good can come of that!

GO RAMS !!!!!!!!
    Last edited by MauiRam; -09-11-2009 at 02:19 PM.

Mooselini Guest

Re: Is Anyone Excited Yet ??

I am excited. Who isn't?

We just have to move the ball effectively and force turnovers. You don't have to be full of stars to do that.

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

I believe we can move the ball effectively, but can we score touchdowns, instead of field goals. That will be the telling factor in my mind.
    I think the Rams will need to score over 23 points too win.
    It will be a case of taking are opportunities when presented.
    If we can go 1-1 going into game 3, Ill be a happy man.
    I CANT WAIT TILL SUNDAY
    GO RAMS.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

I'm looking for improvement/progress. Do wins fit into that? Sure they do but we can also realize progress/improvement in losses as well.

GO RAMS!!!

eldfan is offline Registered User

Yes Iím excited thatís the great thing about being a fan on opening week of the NFL, everyone can dream about there team playing good football and being in the Super Bowl. Then reality set in sometime in the season that we will ether sneaks up on some team and shock the NFL or we will be what other teams though we were. Iím hoping for the first.
    Last edited by eldfan; -09-11-2009 at 02:15 PM.
    :ramlogo:

Nick_Weasel is offline Registered User

I for one am pumped. My wife is too, almost as much as I am. We're going to two Rams games this year (her first two NFL games) - Rams @ Redskins and Vikings @ Rams. If we win at least 1 of the 2 I'll be happy.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

I'm interested in how my defense will look this year. It will be more on their shoulders than ever before to stiffen up and give the offense a chance.

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

I'm always excited for the beginning of a Rams season but this year I think that feeling is overshadowed by an intense curiosity.

For all my confident blather, I really have no idea what the majority of these players are capable of as part of this new combination.The range between failure and success, individually and collectively, has seldom seemed greater to me.

The best thing about it is that the upside seems more dependent on what they could become rather than reclaiming what they were.

BEER is offline Registered User

Im ready for some identity. Run the Ball and stop the Run. If Spags can

get our team to do that we will all ways have a chance. Bulger might even

be the next comeback Warner.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Of course I'm excited that the season has finally arrived, but it's mixed feelings. I think it's a mix of excitement, curiosity and fear.

I'm curious to see a Rams team with a no-nonsense, defensive minded coach on the sidelines. I'm curious to see how the new O-line protects and blocks. I'm curious to see if a new attitude has been installed in this team. I'm curious to see how much (if any), we've improved.

I'm excited that this team has improved as much as I think it has, and they will win some games and make Sunday's fun again. I'm anxious to see that.

...but there is the fear that it hasn't come together just yet, and we'll be subjected to watching another year of bad football. I'm wondering how many games we'll see this year before the "excitement" dies down, and the reality that our team is still lacking in talent hits us.

It's not easy being a Rams fan.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

im excited..i dont have any expectations over anything other than we will be better than last year (and the year before)...im excited to see who throughout the season will step up..next year we will be adding more players through draft picks and Free agency..this season i think is generally a season to see what positions will need to be adressed next off-season..i fully back the youth policy that has already been undertaken and looking forward to thinking.."wow, this kid could have a great career with us" after thinking.."jees i hope we can squeeze another year out of Pace,Holt,Bruce etc..." in recent years.

im looking forward to other teams than my beloved Rams being the butt of the jokes around the NFL.

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    Of course I'm excited that the season has finally arrived, but it's mixed feelings. I think it's a mix of excitement, curiosity and fear.

I'm curious to see a Rams team with a no-nonsense, defensive minded coach on the sidelines. I'm curious to see how the new O-line protects and blocks. I'm curious to see if a new attitude has been installed in this team. I'm curious to see how much (if any), we've improved.

I'm excited that this team has improved as much as I think it has, and they will win some games and make Sunday's fun again. I'm anxious to see that.

...but there is the fear that it hasn't come together just yet, and we'll be subjected to watching another year of bad football. I'm wondering how many games we'll see this year before the "excitement" dies down, and the reality that our team is still lacking in talent hits us.
    It's not easy being a Rams fan.
    This very well describes my own emotions as the countdown to our first game continues. I would venture that most of us have some "fear" deep down. It certainly isn't unfounded. Mostly though, I am hoping to be pleasantly surprised by by the overall effort of our team through 4 quarters. I believe our key to winning will be creating turnovers. Nothing deflates a team more than having a good drive result in 0 points and a turnover. Turnovers and a solid performance by out O-line are key IMO. Can't wait to see what Spags will have concocted for our D when Matt H. is in passing situations ..

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

i remember being excited for the Rams opening game before, but we ended up getting creamed by Philly

im more optimistic this time, but im staying reserved because we are a team coming off a two win year

bigredman Guest

This guy seems really excited.....
    YouTube - Crazy Old Laughing Giggling Italian Man!

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by bigredman View Post
    This guy seems really excited.....
    YouTube - Crazy Old Laughing Giggling Italian Man!
    That is quite possibly the most disturbing thing I've ever seen. Thanks BRM.

I for one am PUMPED for tomorrow! Can't wait! I really hope our identity becomes a smash-mouth, hard-hitting football team that others fear.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast